Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

1 - 25 of 779 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Michelle S

Feb 14, 2017

Professor Steve Joordens is beyond awesome!! He made the Introduction to Psychology MOOC both interesting and fun. I would highly recommend this course to everyone. I give it a five-star rating!

By Dima A

Mar 24, 2017

The teacher was amazing! I was so entertained with the material we were taught throughout the few months!

Definitely recommend this course so anyone with curiosity to why we do what we do!

By Natasha A

Feb 12, 2019

Very Interesting course, fine material, leading to the next level...

By Ramanathan M

Jun 01, 2019

Excellent course. Learnt a lot from Mr Steve Joordens. Its a real pleasure going through every single lesson, listening to his soothing voice. Feel real good. My self esteem goes up!

By 万悦容

Jul 09, 2019

太棒了!作为英语不是母语的高龄学生(42岁),边工作边艰难地学习着,虽然很累,但是收获了很多。首先我从一个心理学的门外汉变成了入门者,而且老师精彩的授课与丰富的课程内容使我对心理学产生了更加浓厚的兴趣,未来会继续在这一学科学习与深造。其次,通过将10个月的学习,是的,因为英语不是母语,我每次课前都要写下载字幕文件进行预习,听完课后还要复习,才能消化课程内容,所以我学了将近10个月!不但成了心理学入门者,我的英语水平(起码是相关的专业英语)有了巨大提高。所以,我非常感谢这门课,非常感谢授课老师。希望有机会还可以听到您的其他课。

By Kathleen L

Jun 10, 2019

As a retired senior I have always wanted to take a Psychology course. I am glad this was the course I chose. The professor was great at explaining some very complicated concepts!

By Karina L s t

May 21, 2019

Love the course and the way our techer let us know the concepts. Thank you.

By Eric C

Dec 16, 2016

By Helen E W

Feb 17, 2017

By Dmytro S

Nov 15, 2017

Nice lector, good information (there are a few mistakes), ugly designed. Guys, it's XXI outdoors, why you choose this poor presentation and micro screen for lector instead of any average MOOC' design on Coursera?

By Javier A R G

Apr 10, 2018

It is slightly unscientific in its political correctness, not tackling head on the psychology of groups and the debunking of feel good concepts like multiple inteligences. However, the lecturer is very good summarizing even though he chastises himself as too talkative. He's not. Moreover he knows his subject very well. I highly recommend this course.

By gregg w

Feb 11, 2019

I enjoyed Steve's teaching style and his level of knowledge. I gave it 3 stars because it did not have objectives for each lesson and therefore I didn't know what the expectation of my understanding should be.

By Abigail T

Jan 29, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The content was fascinating, and Prof Joordens was engaging throughout. You should definitely do it too!

By Lucas D

Jan 18, 2019

Excellent course! Great teacher! I really enjoyed my first course here and sure will do others.

By fasdsdf

Jan 19, 2019

naisu

By Oksana K

Jan 20, 2019

Excellent profound course on psychology, it really sparked my inerest to study further!

By Sakshi S

Feb 01, 2019

Prof. Steve is such an amazing teacher, puts together all the concepts in such a simple and interesting format for all of us to understand.

By Elena M

Feb 02, 2019

The lecturer is amazing! I love the way he teaches and the information provides.

By Hammad B

Feb 03, 2019

Wonderful to get to know about my self and others. Everyone should enroll In this. And thanks to HEC Pakistan and NOON consulting for offering this.

By Julia B

Feb 04, 2019

I love this course and the professor!

By Alok M

Feb 05, 2019

The teaching (Communication) style so that anybody without any prior Psychology knowledge can learn it. Touching all the important aspects of Psychology. Loving it.

By Lucinda L

Jan 23, 2019

非常好

By Linda

Dec 30, 2018

Fascinating

By Annika W

Dec 30, 2018

I loved this course. It taught me so much of the basic knowledges of Psychology and gave me a preview of what a lesson in Psychology is like ❤️

By Cecilie L

Dec 16, 2018

Loved it. and want to take more courses in the same subject. The teacher is amazing. He makes it fun learn.