Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW
Feb 16, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC
Dec 15, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

926 - 950 of 1,253 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Nouran A

Nov 22, 2017

Learned a lot from the course. Loved it!

By Khalid Z

Oct 21, 2017

Nice Learning for Psychology Students :)

By Swapna N

Sep 19, 2020

I enjoyed learning. Prof Steve is good.

By Siddhesh D N

Jul 29, 2020

it's and amazing course for beginners.

By Manoel A G D S

Apr 10, 2018

A better understanding of human nature.

By Mourjo B

Feb 12, 2018

Best course on Psychology for Beginners

By Erick H

Sep 20, 2017

Amazing how much we can learn for free!

By Talaat K

Jun 4, 2017

Excellent course and amazing professor!

By 淳森 張

Dec 30, 2016

very solid content and very well taught

By Ivan J V

Sep 23, 2020

Very nice professor, good methodology.

By Cristian M M V

Sep 11, 2020

Amazing, I woke up after studying this

By SAI A R K

Jun 12, 2020

REALLY BIG THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE TEAM

By Logha N

Aug 22, 2018

Best short-term course for psychology.

By Rumi B

Jul 15, 2017

very good professor, very good course.

By Luca B

May 27, 2017

Very well done, clear and interesting!

By Maryam

Mar 22, 2017

amazing course with amazing instructor

By Borom L A

Oct 23, 2020

I enjoyed every aspect of the course!

By Marzia R N

Oct 15, 2020

Amazing. Waiting for a specialization

By Ehushubhamkishoreshaw

Jun 10, 2020

very nice and tuff cource sir is best

By Julia B

Feb 4, 2019

I love this course and the professor!

By Hardik G

Mar 1, 2018

This was a very well designed course.

By Iana N

Jul 23, 2017

Brilliant, professional, caprivating.

By Joanne D

Nov 28, 2018

Excellent, engaging and informative.

By Thomas

Apr 8, 2018

Great introductory psychology course

By saadia s

Apr 22, 2017

It is very interesting and engaging.