Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW
Feb 16, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC
Dec 15, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

1201 - 1225 of 1,255 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Araceli

Nov 26, 2019

Es muy interesante y de gran aprendizaje, lo mejor es que puedo aprender a mi ritmo en donde sea y a la hora que sea, super recomendado

By Xingyu Z

Jun 6, 2017

The content is great but the links are outdated.

The midterm was scheduled at the end of week 4 but it covered content taught in week 5.

By harry w

Feb 13, 2017

the course was very enjoyable and I learnt a lot. The coursera app for iOS was diabolical before the update and only so-so afterwards,

By vaidehi g

Jun 12, 2018

Extremely well elaborated Course. Definitely fueled my interest for the subject. Professor was interactive and indeed spectacular.

By Eric B

Apr 27, 2020

I took this course with great pleasure. The professor explains well and is also pleasant to listen to and watch.

By Aafreen L

Jun 8, 2020

It is an excellent course. Perfect explanation. Everyone who has interest must definitely pursue the course

By Coleman

Aug 17, 2019

Very engaging videos and animations, covered the field of psychology on a base level extremely effectively.

By marreddi j s

May 14, 2018

I have learnt so much by this course and I got psychological stats of a person can be known by this course

By Gboluwaga O

Aug 12, 2017

It's been interesting learning psychology. I got all I needed to know as I begin a career in psychology.

By john p

Feb 25, 2018

this is the first psychology course I've done and will probably be looking for more in the near future

By ARYAN C

Oct 24, 2020

Very well explained and detailed course .Gives a very good introduction towards this huge subject.

By Zaria F

Nov 2, 2020

Prof Joordens is an excellent lecturer. Really brought the course to life and made it interesting

Aug 23, 2019

The peer reviews should be reduced to 1 or 2 because it is taking a long time especially in 2019

By John K

Sep 27, 2017

It was a really interesting course, not too heavy going at all, I feel much more informed now.

By 陶宁粤

Mar 18, 2019

very good and in detailed introduction in psychology, provide me a guideline for uni course

By Teja S

Dec 15, 2016

The course itself is great, but a lot of the links they provide are dead.

By geoffeddon

Jul 22, 2017

Extremely engaging presentations (videos) with a passionate professor.

By PARTH J

Sep 19, 2020

FACTS AND ROTE COULD HAVE EMPHASIZED ON PRACTICLE KNOWLEDGE ONLY

By Chris C

Nov 15, 2017

Good course overall, though some of the content was fragmented.

By Abel H O

Very good course. Psychology a wonderful science, very useful

By Tatiana L

Jul 21, 2017

Grat course! Everything you need to know if you're a starter

By Nisrine L

Jan 4, 2017

Great course, really glad I got the chance to participate!

By Lim S C

May 14, 2019

Content is good but length of each video is too long.

By Sandeep K C

Dec 10, 2017

thank you for being our tourist guide prof.

By Daniel O O O

Mar 24, 2020

I really loved the content of the course.