Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by Yale University

What are people most afraid of? What do our dreams mean? Are we natural-born racists? What makes us happy? What are the causes and cures of mental illness? This course tries to answer these questions and many others, providing a comprehensive overview of the scientific study of thought and behavior. It explores topics such as perception, communication, learning, memory, decision-making, persuasion, emotions, and social behavior. We will look at how these aspects of the mind develop in children, how they differ across people, how they are wired-up in the brain, and how they break down due to illness and injury....

KJ

Dec 27, 2020

I just ended this course smiling & 'happy' with the final topic. 🎉 Thank you for the wonderful experience. Professor Bloom did a great job in explaining and a very pleasant, soothing voice to present!

IA

Dec 30, 2020

The lectures were very fun, engaging, and interactive. Taking this course gives you a deeper understanding of life and helps answer questions we have about ourselves, others, and the world we live in.

4701 - 4725 of 5,044 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Ramana B G

Jun 9, 2020

It was an excellent course to provide an introduction to psychology. But I feel too much animation failed to connect me personally to the professor.

By PATIL S M

It's an amazing introductory course to the world of psychology . The topics are covered very well and the extra readings are also very informative.

By GIFTY J

Apr 9, 2020

I am grateful for the new insights provided through the course. The lectures were awesome. I am glad I could understand a lot within a short while.

By Narasimha R B

Oct 31, 2020

Helpful to the new people who wanted to know and also to refresh concepts of psychology who are already having degrees, Masters etc in Psychology.

By shortyjazmin1989

Oct 6, 2020

La forma en que se presenta este curso me ha dado la iniciativa y/o curiosidad a querer profundizar en la investigación de procesos psicológicos

By MALATHY N

Apr 4, 2020

I enjoyed a lot learning psychology course. My long term willingness to learn psychology has been achieved. Thanks for the opportunities given.

By Ahmad S M

Mar 14, 2019

It has been a great chance for me to take that course and benefit from its content. Thank you professor paul from an Egyptian psychology lover!

By Dr R B

Sep 13, 2020

Except for some of the background sounds (noises) in video animations which were distracting and disturbing ; course content was excellent

By Zahir A A A

Nov 24, 2021

Really it is great course and informative, it has broaden my knowledge about understanding human psychology, behaviors and brain system.

By Philippa H

Apr 3, 2020

Professor Bloom is highly engaging. After this course I am much more serious about pursuing a graduate degree in psychology, thank you.

By zainab r

Aug 2, 2021

The course was very interesting. it was very engaging. it clearly gave me a sight of what will it be if i further study in this course

By Rishi B 1

May 2, 2020

This course was really good. This course also gave me a direction that what topicks I can pick later for further study in Psychology.

By Maria J M D J

May 3, 2021

Loved this subject, enjoyed the topics and lecturer was prolific. Wish some were more elaborate than rushed, otherwise it's awesome.

By Bikash B

Really good introductory course on psychology. Prof Bloom is a wonderful teacher. Very interesting and lively experience I have had.

By James D

Jul 24, 2019

This course provides a clear, basic overview of psychology, but I wouldn't place it on par with, say, a self-study of AP Psychology.

By LEE T C

Oct 12, 2020

A good choice if you want to have a basic understanding on psychology. Interesting and easy to follow. The video animation is cute.

By Emma C

May 14, 2020

A very interesting course with a good high level overview on many psychology related themes. A very enjoyable way to spend lockdown

By Omer M

Sep 14, 2019

The course is very well-made, however it's short and very brief. An introduction course in university contains a lot more material

By Stanislav

Aug 3, 2019

The first part of the course was detailed, concrete and fundamental. But I find the last 3 weeks were too vague and unsystematized

By Mudit M

Jul 3, 2020

This course gives a very general and an overall view of basic psychology, I really loved the way the professor took it throughout

By Wisam A A

Jun 28, 2020

This course helped me understand psychology as a study more but the density of the information in it was hard to handle at times.

By Stefano C

Jun 4, 2020

I loved the course, but found some animation and sounds to be distracting, and not being able to see the professor less engaging.

By Joanne S

Jun 7, 2022

I find it hepful in coping with everyday life and how our minds work.i it's very interesting. I will probably study it further.

By Paulo R

Apr 19, 2021

As semanas 4 e 5 poderiam ser desdobrar em 2 semanas, especialmente a quinta semana, bastante longa.

De resto, o curso foi ótimo

By IOANNA P

Nov 19, 2019

It was a very interesting course concerning the Introduction in Psychology. Professor Bloom and the videos were very engaging.