Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by Yale University

What are people most afraid of? What do our dreams mean? Are we natural-born racists? What makes us happy? What are the causes and cures of mental illness? This course tries to answer these questions and many others, providing a comprehensive overview of the scientific study of thought and behavior. It explores topics such as perception, communication, learning, memory, decision-making, persuasion, emotions, and social behavior. We will look at how these aspects of the mind develop in children, how they differ across people, how they are wired-up in the brain, and how they break down due to illness and injury....

OB

Jul 27, 2020

This course is very insightful and I have learned quite a lot. My favourite area though is Clinical Psychology and Positive Psychology. I believe I will be better able to understand persons around me.

TP

Dec 17, 2021

An excellent course to get a general idea about psychology as well as understanding of what to do next if you are into learning more. Very useful links for extra reading. And very engaging instructor.

4851 - 4875 of 5,128 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Olga

May 7, 2020

Good introduction to Psychology. Great overview, a bit of everything but not very deep.

By Siddhesh D

Aug 1, 2020

A very engaging and satisfying course for everyone who is curious about what is mind.

By SamiehGholinezhad

Sep 27, 2020

This course was beneficial and interesting for me.

Thanks a lot,

Samieh.Gholinezhad

By Vinaykrishna P

Jul 30, 2020

Great course and serves as a good introduction to the wonderful world of Psychology

By Krista G V

Nov 13, 2019

This was a great start to psychology. I wish more time was spent on clinical psych.

By Aqsa S

Jul 20, 2022

excellent and also I learn so many interesting things related to my major subject.

By Idi

Sep 2, 2021

Good course overall.Not difficult to follow ,the professor quite pleasant to hear.

By Lauren C G

Mar 16, 2021

This course was well detailed and the information presented was clear and precise.

By Dinesh M

Good way to learn the basics of psychology. The course is very well put together.

By leminh d

Jun 23, 2021

Excellent course!

That helps to build basic knowledge and go further in Psychology

By Ava S

Jan 20, 2021

Well structured and available to do when you have time which made it very helpful

By Madison B

Nov 13, 2019

This course was very informative! I was able to learn a lot from Professor Bloom.

By VIDHU S

Feb 29, 2020

Really good course for anyone for anyone who wants to start studying psychology.

By Alyona D

Jan 22, 2020

Great content! I would prefer seeing professor live instead of animation though.

By Priyam S

Jun 1, 2022

I found it very entertaining and informative. Thank you for making this course.

By Abeer F

only one star less as the professor wasn't there in person. otherwise all great

By Harshvardhan N

Dec 3, 2019

Very good collection of topics for the begineers who want to learn the subject.

By Moayad S

Mar 6, 2021

Great for the basic information you need if you know nothing about psychology.

By Suparna M

It is really a good platform, I learn different prospective from this course.

By Nolan F

Oct 5, 2019

Instructor was great, didn't like the animations. Found them very distracting.

By Alastair D

May 8, 2020

Very engaging and profound. Great place to start your journey of Psychology.

By Concepcion

Mar 10, 2021

Great course for a beginner. You will learn the basic topics of psychology.

By Santo T

Aug 16, 2020

The course is useful for those who are seriously concerned about psychology

By Samir S

May 5, 2020

it was an interesting introduction and an oveview to a very complex subject

By Yokesh

Apr 22, 2020

Coursecera offers gud knowledge to students by video sessions and quiz test