Back to Introduction to TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning by DeepLearning.AI

If you are a software developer who wants to build scalable AI-powered algorithms, you need to understand how to use the tools to build them. This course is part of the upcoming Machine Learning in Tensorflow Specialization and will teach you best practices for using TensorFlow, a popular open-source framework for machine learning. The Machine Learning course and Deep Learning Specialization from Andrew Ng teach the most important and foundational principles of Machine Learning and Deep Learning. This new deeplearning.ai TensorFlow Specialization teaches you how to use TensorFlow to implement those principles so that you can start building and applying scalable models to real-world problems. To develop a deeper understanding of how neural networks work, we recommend that you take the Deep Learning Specialization....

AS
Mar 8, 2019

Good intro course, but google colab assignments need to be improved. And submitting a jupyter notebook was much more easier, why would I want to login to my google account to be a part of this course?

RD
Aug 13, 2019

Great course to get started with building Convolutional Neural Networks in Keras for building Image Classifiers. This is probably the best way to get beginners into Deep Learning for Computer Vision.

26 - 50 of 3,376 Reviews for Introduction to TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning

By Rana T J

May 14, 2019

The assignments need to be polished. They were very lackluster and non-rewarding.

By Jonathan Z

Apr 28, 2020

This course is generally one of high production values and the lecturer is of course excellent. Having taken Andrew Ng's original machine-learning course, it was as ever encouraging to see him make some short guest appearances.

The material and exercises are of a high standard apart from the usual typos etc. However, one particular problem was that some/all of the exercises appeared to be assessed via their print statements rather than by server-side via unit tests. This is frustrating and puts one in danger of seeing other people's code when attempting to search online for an unexpected/trial-and-error fix. Also, the timings are not quite right - some reading material comprises a few lines but apparently should take 10 minutes etc.

My main reason for undertaking the course was as a more practical prerequisite for the TensorFlow: Data and Deployment course offered by deeplearning.ai, my intention being to circle back round for the Deep Learning specialization afterwards.

Unfortunately, in spite of the positives above, the course really falls short in terms of value for money: for £45 one only learns of order 100 lines of code. This is positioned as TensorFlow having a nice, high-level API, but in practice the course is disappointingly straightforward for anyone who must have already demonstrated strong python skills and/or who are developers. There is no theory but the course certainly does not give practical "mastery" of TensorFlow.

Perhaps it was naive to expect better value, but it is hard to assess the course level purely from the syllabus. One can "audit" a course for free and I would recommend people do this in future - I certainly will be.

Overall I am quite disappointed. I look forward to the other courses in the Specialization which I am now undertaking purely in order to obtain better value for money.

By Moritz R

Jan 19, 2021

It was a waste of time. The most part is old with tensorflow 1.14 and the code in the course didnt fit with the coursera Lab environment. Also I wanted to do the Tensorflow Engineer Course and thought I doing this in my test time and get a certificate for this...but it brings me to this page and I just get the introduction. It told me I get the full Course material...

By Iacopo C

Aug 9, 2020

This course does an impressive job in filling the gap between theory and practice. It's part of a specialization and as such you cannot expect it to cover every single detail from the very beginning, and it's not supposed to go too deep into what Tensorflow can do.

It does an excellent job in introducing little by little the tools necessary to build neural networks, explaining the details of every line of code used and giving you everything you need to create a functioning, simple prototype.

It can't be stressed enough that this is an intermediate course and it obviously requires knowledge on the topic as well as programming in general, but it's not advanced. It's not supposed to explain the theory behind Deep Learning. It goes even as far as adding links to various free resources such as the youtube videos from Andrew Ng's Machine Learning and Deep Learning videos to help the user understand the theory behind some concepts.

By Laimonas S

Jan 3, 2020

This course jumps right in and in a clear way presents a few real world like problems and solutions for them using neural networks. I am not sure how I would have felt if I had no prior ML experience taking this, it's missing a lot of basics. But perhaps that's the positive, as you get to do coding and see things in action which hopefully should energize you to dig in a bit more into things like optimizers, gradient descent, neurons, weights, training, etc. Anyway, 5 stars due to good practice examples.

By Carsten W

Aug 8, 2020

I completed the 5 course Deep Learning Specialization before and was a bit unsure, if this course would still be worth it - it absolutely was. It helped me augment the theory and limited practical experience I had so far with some fun, straight to the point hints, recaps and exercises. I particularly appreciated playing with the visualization of what goes on as an image gets transformed on its way through a convnet. That was super useful to deepen the intuition.

By Jousef M

Mar 9, 2019

1 week into the course so far and I really, really enjoy this course. Been following Laurence for quite a long time now and more than happy to see two of the coolest guys in AI doing such an amazing work. Although I have exams I am not missing a day watching at least 1-2 videos of them :) 100% recommended!

By disheng L

Dec 29, 2019

it is a very excellent course introducing some basic knowledge about TensorFlow , teaching students how to use TensorFlow to deal with some AI programs. This course provides students with access to try their effort to use TensorFlow, and obtain more understanding about this power python library.

By Maciej Z

Jul 1, 2020

This is extremely gentle intro to TensorFlow. Additionally the course provides a lot of literature including free version of Deep Learning Specialization & Machine Learning course on YT. You can easily finish it in one week, it is not time consuming at all.

By Juan S A C

Dec 31, 2020

I just can say that it was an awesome course. The instructors as well as the contents were clear, easy to understand and everything with a focus on how to take the theory and apply it with TensorFlow.

By Kristian J

Sep 2, 2020

I would say that I have dabbled in Python and ML before taking this course. I even finished the IBM Data Science Professional Certification. I was very much able to grasp what was being taught here.

By Oguntoye, K

Aug 6, 2020

My first course on TEnsor and i have nothing to say but this course is a must for everyone who wants to know more about Tensor. It establishes a strong background one could lay advanced knowledge on

By Mahsa G

Mar 27, 2020

this course was helpful for me to learn more about CNN. it starts from basic concepts and improve that slowly and step by step. i truthfully recommend how what to start working with neural networks.

By Sebastian R G

Jun 12, 2019

Es un excelente curso para todo aquel que este interesado en las ciencias de datos y la inteligencia artificial ya que Tensorflow y Keras son herrameintas que acortan mucho el camino de desarrollo.

By Sidhartha R

Jul 29, 2019

It was great course to start hands-on in TensorFlow and convolution neural networks. I especially liked how the convolution feature viewing tool was used to see what the networks are learning.

By david l

Oct 5, 2019

Simply Amazing Laurence! Please keep me posted on more content!!!! this is the best person to learn from he just has a way that clicks for me I hope anyone else that is taking this course!!!!

By Idan W

Jan 9, 2020

As an introductory course, it filled my expectations. Short, focused videos, along with detailed notebooks. Can't wait to head on to the next course

By Muhammad I

Dec 29, 2019

The course is wonderful. I happened to learn a lot. Anyone with basic skills can move on with this course pretty much easily. Highly recommended.

By Mohammed H K

Jan 2, 2020

The combination of theory & practical assignments helps us in learning concepts as a beginner, and have a good learning graph.

By 林政儀

Dec 30, 2019

Very useful for Beginner !

Even I have learned Deep Learning few month before, I still learn some new skills.

Thanks a lot !

By Sudhakar s

Jan 6, 2020

Best in class, now I could get finally understand the basics CNN and prepared to apply DNN in realtime with confidence.

By Naveen S

Jan 5, 2020

The course was very helpful in providing a essential understanding ML using tensorflow through practical steps.

By Van D D

Aug 9, 2021

Good course and good instructors. After this course , I can write my own model to categorize a lot of things.

By Choo W

Jan 5, 2020

it was a good intensive course for constructing a off-the-shelves computer vision classification model

By Gamage O I

Jan 5, 2020

Good course to get started on machine learning with tensorflow.

Can complete the course within one day.