Back to Introduction to Cloud Development with HTML, CSS, JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cloud Development with HTML, CSS, JavaScript by IBM

4.4

Want to take the first steps to become a Cloud Application Developer? This course will lead you through the languages and tools you will need to develop your own Cloud Apps. Beginning with an explanation of how internet servers and clients work together to deliver applications to users, this course then takes you through the context for application development in the Cloud, introducing front-end, back-end, and full-stack development. You’ll then focus on the languages you need for front-end development, working with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Finally, you will discover tools that help you to store your projects and keep track of changes made to project files, such as Git and GitHub....

EN
May 18, 2021

I learned a lot from this course. The final project pushed me to look for more resources to terminate my front end wed development.

MT
Jul 18, 2021

that was an amazing journey. very good introductory course

1 - 25 of 34 Reviews for Introduction to Cloud Development with HTML, CSS, JavaScript

By Devan B

Feb 1, 2021

It's really not for beginners. I am stuck on terminology. Elements, objects, functions all get jumbled together. The format something.something () simply needed an explanation. I still don't know what that means.

By Rodrigo H G C

Feb 14, 2021

The course was great for me, I learned a bit about Guy and GitHub functionalities. Fortunately, I've already knew about HTML, CSS and JavaScript, as I think what was taught about them in this course was very superficial, including for the little project at the end. Stressing to what was taught about JavaScript functions and DOM. But in general, this course was a great experience for me.

By Nikolas H

Mar 28, 2021

This course does not provide the necessary educational tools to complete the final project. Be prepared to teach yourself almost everything you need to know to finish this course. This course should include material that gives the student specific knowledge and resources rather than leaving out most of what one needs to know. I was extremely disappointed in the quality of this course.

By Samuel G

Apr 14, 2021

I am very frustrated with the little to no help with the final project. No one reached out to assist me (did not want nobody to do the work for me but at least have more clearer specific instructions). I am very disappointed with this course and want to disenroll from this course immediately!!

By Corey G

Feb 24, 2021

Waste of money.

By Enea V G

Mar 5, 2021

I think it will be a very good idea to have more content for week 2,3 and 4. Some of us came here with almost no experience in development and the test my seem a bit hard for many of us to accomplish.

As for my self i had to do a lot of research for java language to make my final project outside of the course materials, i even had to ask some programming friends to give me a hand. I am not saying that it is impossible but it is more complex than the information we got from the course.

I thought maybe it is just me, but reviewing my colleagues project i could see that many of us have been in the same situation.

Otherwise the course is great and the curriculum is easy to understand and i want to tank you for all the work that have gone in this course.

All the best

George Enea

By Richard P

Mar 6, 2021

Overall a good course, however some areas not very specific and you have to do outside research to be able to complete some of the labs and answer some of the questions.

By Vikram V

Feb 17, 2021

The videos were not so good. Only reading out the slides. But the project was powerful. Really made me understand concepts.

By William D

May 26, 2021

This course is alright but you're effectively paying to teach yourself. For these certificates that tout the idea you don't need any prerequisite programming knowledge, they sure seem to assume you have some coming in. I've had previous experience with HTML and CSS, and previous experience with C#, but I still had to research just to find out how to handle some of the tasks in the final assignment. Even the quizzes have questions never covered in the course material. This course doesn't equip you with nearly enough, and since the labs just give you the code you need, you're not even writing anything yourself or actually applying knowledge until the final assignment.

With that being said, the actual instruction is quite good. The lessons teach you some important concepts and the instructor is good at doing so. Again, though, I feel like I would have been a lot more lost if I didn't already have some knowledge of these topics coming in. Definitely wanted more from this class but I don't really feel like I came out with much more than I went in with.

By Pedro C

Apr 18, 2021

Challenging for beginners, it is my case. It has awake my interest to continue learning in this technologies. In support and forum it was easy to solve my blocking points.

By Edi A N

May 18, 2021

By Luke S

Jun 18, 2021

Thanks to my instructors, to IBM and to Coursera for this great course, I really learned this new tools.

By Ulysses D R

Jul 7, 2021

I absolutely enjoyed this course. Please make more courses like this.

By Maxime T

Jul 19, 2021

t​hat was an amazing journey. very good introductory course

By Jon J

Jul 11, 2021

great course for learning the basics of wed development.

By Mohammad U A A

Jul 4, 2021

Awesome course, i learn by doing the project test here.

By Alberto E M

May 19, 2021

Very good introduction to HTML, CSS and Javascript.

By Md. A A M

May 22, 2021

Great Course. Highly Recommended.

By Denis K

Feb 16, 2021

Excellent

By Dan S

Jul 3, 2021

V​ery good introductory class. I got a lot out of it. The reason it does not get 5 stars is due to the labs. The preview of the web pages didn't work. I had to create files on my local C drive and view them natively on my browser. Not a huge problem though. Also some things required in the labs were not covered in the lectures. There was enough documentation online to figure out how to do some things but I felt maybe the labs and lectures were not coordinated enough. However, if you want a fast crash course to understand HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, this course was excellent.

By Ravikumar P

Jul 8, 2021

Great course. Learned new things a lot. The inconsistencies in the Network lab kept it from a 5-star though. Still I loved the course and other stuff mentioned in it.

By Joshua A

Apr 6, 2021

Decent course, though the final could have used a bit more instruction on the connection of the javascript functions / variables and calling into the html.