Back to Introduction to Computer Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Computer Programming by University of London

4.3

This MOOC provides you with the foundational skill set required to write computer programs. If you are interested in learning how to write interactive, graphical programs from an introductory level in a real programming language, this is the course for you. You will begin by learning the basics of editing and running programs. Then you will learn how to create 2D graphics using shapes and coordinates. Finally, you will learn how to create interactive graphics that you can control with the mouse. You will even solve a set of interactive puzzles using your coding skills in the Sleuth game which has been created especially for this course. The course uses the Javascript language and the p5.js library....

GT

Jun 09, 2019

The course is built up well, the steps are easy to follow. Even when there is some research required, the intentional gaps are highly manageable. The gamified deliverables were really fun to do! :-)

RC

Sep 23, 2019

An excellent way to introduce newbies to the programming world. I did not know a thing about programming. However, I've acquired the necessary skills to understand the basics of it!

51 - 75 of 134 Reviews for Introduction to Computer Programming

By Juan A R

Jun 27, 2020

This has been a great course, though not much it is explained in it and there is a lot of self learning through other means that is required I think it helped me a lot to discover that I am capable of facing this coding challenges.

By Rampart D S D K

Excellent course with great activities. Assignments are made in a attractive way. This course made me love cording. Thank you very much for your effort. Learnt so many things and hope to follow more of your courses.

By IBICO A R J

Jul 03, 2020

Good course to learn how to deal with single variables and objects. It also was a good opportunity to do programming with p5js javascript library which I consider such a nice way to draw over html pages or images.

By Miguel A T

Jun 21, 2020

Very good and straightforward course. I really learned a lot. ( I really wanted to get 100% but it seems that the main assessment has a minor error which for sure will be fix. Hopefully it will ). Thank you.

By Tsegay m A

Dec 29, 2019

Coursera is a great online platform which is having skilled instructors and helping lots of students to grasp skills and be employable in different industries.

Thank you so much!

By Rodrigo T C F R

Sep 27, 2019

Excelente curso para começar a programar, os professores desenvolveram um método muito criativo e adequado. As noções básicas sobre programação são bem ensinadas.

By Diana M D S

I liked so much. So dynamic. I didn't knew anything about p5.js and well, I am not an expert but I really enjoyed it. I will keep learn all of this, for sure.

By Daniel A S R

Jul 13, 2020

Muy buen curso.

Aprendes las bases necesarias para dibujar en un canvas. Lo demás se puede investigar directamente de la página de referencias de p5.js

By myungminkim

Dec 24, 2019

Well this is great for a beginner, who just started programming.

If any one who knows how to program in any language, jump to the next right away.

By Kalkidan H

Jun 23, 2020

Very well organized and so simply thaught. I had no clue about programing before this course and I have learned quite a lot. Thank!

By Jason S

Aug 04, 2020

Great course. Worth the time and money if you, like me, had no had no background in programming and need to start from scratch.

By Robson T

Jun 08, 2020

This course was incredibly challenging. I loved it. It's a great introduction to what we will do as programmers.

By Gilberto D M J

Jan 15, 2020

It is a great course for those who are beginning to learn how to program. The assignments are quite fun :)

By Kevin G S

Jan 20, 2020

It is a really good introduction to programming. The library P5 is amazing. I enjoyed this course a lot.

By Collin K

I think the SLEUTH should not be compulsory for all the cases. Its is abit hard to complete everything

By Harish K T

Sep 15, 2019

If you are already a programmer, take this course to get a newer point of approach for programming.

By Ian Y W

May 05, 2020

I really like the learn through work environment and both teachers are very clear and helpful

By Dennis A

Apr 18, 2020

5 Stars will not be enough to say thank you full of learning God bless & more power.

By JORGE A J J

Oct 23, 2019

este curso te da una perspectiva general de lo que es la programacion lo recomiendo

By Carl F

Dec 11, 2019

I like the approach of the course. Very engaging and will really make you code..

By Patrick Z

Jul 21, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course. I had a lot of fun learning the basics of coding.

By Kitija O

Jul 19, 2020

Easy to understand, fun to participate. An elegant course I would say.

By Hanoch A

Sep 07, 2019

A well thought and designed course, and I loved the sleuth assignment.

By Ju X

Feb 18, 2020

This course is very interesting and very suitable for a beginner.

By Tejender K T

Aug 23, 2020

Difficulty level: Very high

And this tasks is very intersting.