Back to Introduction to Data Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Data Analytics by IBM

This course presents a gentle introduction into the concepts of data analysis, the role of a Data Analyst, and the tools that are used to perform daily functions. You will gain an understanding of the data ecosystem and the fundamentals of data analysis, such as data gathering or data mining. You will then learn the soft skills that are required to effectively communicate your data to stakeholders, and how mastering these skills can give you the option to become a data driven decision maker. This course will help you to differentiate between the roles of a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, and Data Engineer. You will learn the responsibilities of a Data Analyst and exactly what data analysis entails. You will be able to summarize the data ecosystem, such as databases and data warehouses. You will then uncover the major vendors within the data ecosystem and explore the various tools on-premise and in the cloud. Continue this exciting journey and discover Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Hive, and Spark. By the end of this course you will be able to visualize the daily life of a Data Analyst, understand the different career paths that are available for data analytics, and identify the many resources available for mastering this profession. Throughout this course you will learn the key aspects to data analysis. You will begin to explore the fundamentals of gathering data, and learning how to identify your data sources. You will then learn how to clean, analyze, and share your data with the use of visualizations and dashboard tools. This all comes together in the final project where it will test your knowledge of the course material, explore what it means to be a Data Analyst, and provide a real-world scenario of data analysis. This course does not require any prior data analysis, spreadsheet, or computer science experience. All you need to get started is basic computer literacy, high school level math, and access to a modern web browser such as Chrome or Firefox....

BS

Oct 22, 2020

A great Introductory course by IBM and Coursera to start your career in Data analytics. Learned a lot from this course like what are the skills that are needed in order to become a good data analyst.

CP

Oct 04, 2020

This course is very informative and easy to understand especially for learners who has no formal background with I.T. or computer. I enjoyed this course very much! Highly-recommended!

1 - 25 of 41 Reviews for Introduction to Data Analytics

By bhupender s

Oct 22, 2020

By christine p

Oct 04, 2020

By WADDAH R A

Oct 25, 2020

very useful information,it gave me a foundational base in data analysis and analytics and now I have a clear overview of this career and the possible options

By Louie D

Sep 29, 2020

It is a very informative course for a beginner and anyone who want to look into a career transition to data analytics.

By Wong M W

Oct 08, 2020

This course help me to understand what is data analytics and its job functions... great course

By Talitha F R

Sep 29, 2020

It's a great course for me as a beginner that gives me good understanding about data analytics

By James N

Sep 21, 2020

Fantastic introduction.

-1 star for my peer-graded experience. I took my time to write out well though out answers instead of copy-pasting from the guide, like the individual I graded (answers in my own words should have been OK). Whoever peer-graded me either did not bother to read my answers or the instructions where it said your own words are OK and rendered me 1/7 points. I found this infuriating. If my Coursera experience continues like this I will likely not recommend or return.

By Olagunju O k

Sep 18, 2020

highly organised and impactful, thank you for giving me the lift in my career

By Uday K M

Sep 20, 2020

Very detailed Intro of all the contents.

By Peter O

Oct 06, 2020

I was a tad bit worried that this class would be too similar to the SQL for Data Analytics Certificate I had just completed on EdX because it was also through IBM Developer Program and even had the same instruction. I felt that, SQL for Data Analytics, class lacked a lot of supplemental information required to make it a great class. Introduction to Data Analytics was not missing everything. It was a very thorough course that cemented my desire to become a data professional.

By Georges L

Oct 20, 2020

Excellent course, I work in IT for a long time with experience in infrastructure, programming and tools and this course helped me connect the dots on data analytics. It presented in a clear way what is Data Analytics, how it is done, what are the careers and the main software and tools used. Very good for those planning a career change.

By Radvile R

Sep 28, 2020

The course is absolutely brilliant. It is well structured and clearly explain the key concepts of the data analytics. During the videos, the examples are shared which helps to understand the context better.

By Alex G

Oct 25, 2020

Great course, highly recommended for beginner in this field. Great structure and information dense. I audited the course and it got me hooked to sign up for the track !

By Tanuj S

Sep 29, 2020

Excellent content .This course really helped me understand the data analytics field from all perspectives to start my career in this field .

By Bongurala G

Oct 19, 2020

Super course by the authorities, it helps for a laymen to understand the concepts very easily

By ADEDAYO K B

Sep 28, 2020

This course was very insightful, it is a very good course to start learning data analytics

By Маричев И С

Oct 13, 2020

An informative introduction to data analytics, the material is presented comprehensibly.

By Faustina A

Oct 02, 2020

Excellent introduction into the complex and fascinating career of a data analyst.

By Charles B

Oct 26, 2020

Good introduction/big picture view of what a data analyst is and does.

By I K H W

Oct 03, 2020

great overview of what data analytics is and how's the prospect today.

By Shakti S

Oct 26, 2020

Very Elaborative in terms of context setting and what to find methods

By Chiuhing L C

Oct 13, 2020

Great illustrations to demonstrate the concept of Data Analytics.

By Behice S

Oct 12, 2020

It was a very detailed and easy-to-follow course. I loved it! :)

By DISHANT M

Excellent content

Excellent articulation

Excellent delivery

By Sawondra S

Oct 24, 2020

Course has good flow and quality content throughout