Back to Introduction to Software Product Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Software Product Management by University of Alberta

This course highlights the importance and role of software product management. It also provides an overview of the specialization, as well as its goals, structure, and expectations. The course explains the value of process, requirements, planning, and monitoring in producing better software....

NK

Jan 11, 2019

The course was very interactive, useful and interesting. I can definitely apply the knowledge that I gained out of this course to my day on day work on Software Management. Kudos to the production and

ED

Feb 19, 2018

Though it is an introductory course, it is packed with great information about managing a software product. I enjoyed the course, and I am moving on with the next course on the SPM specialization.

26 - 50 of 839 Reviews for Introduction to Software Product Management

By Kavee S

Jan 23, 2020

I have learned so much about SPM from this course and really excited to begin my new journey as project manager. This course help me get a fresh start and kind of oversee the entire area. I like the constant pace of useful information that the instructors have given. Thank you very much.

By Grecia L H

May 24, 2017

Interesting topics and great information to know what Agile is? and how product management needs to work with resources and teams; I really enjoyed this course. Highly recommeded for those who wants to manage better their teams even if they aren't involved in technology projetcs.

By Nahuel A F

Jul 30, 2017

Overall the course was excellent. The only feedback I have for the final evaluations is if it could state what the right answer is for the questions I failed, that for sure would help me solidify knowledge, especially if the difference in the response was subtle. Thanks a lot!

By RITWIK S

Nov 10, 2019

Excellent Course. Even that I already knew a lot of agile principles and practices but then too I learned many new things from this course. The instructors were good and clear and every word they say just got printed in my mind. And the material and readings were fun as well.

By Olesya V

Nov 11, 2019

Information is presented very clear and in a easily comprehensive way. I really enjoyed this intro course and will proceed in the Software Product Management Specialization. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about the Software Product Management career.

By Jakub L

Sep 25, 2019

I really liked this introduction also if I'm coming from behavior as a Software Engineer and experienced most of those issued pieces of information, the course was really valuable. I get some new info and a better understanding of the methodologies to become a great SPM.

By Brittney L

Mar 25, 2019

This was great. If you are new to Software Product Management or if you are looking to advance from an associate role you should definitely check out this course. This was a great refresher, I am really excited to take the rest of the courses in this specialization.

By Mohamed E

Nov 09, 2015

A very good course, offered in very smart method

Clear course objectives, good notes, language suitable for non-native speakers, excellent filming quality and the plus is using cartons which simplify the ideas

Thanks university of Alberta and all the instructors

By Kaiquan M

Apr 04, 2016

Even though this was an introductory course, I liked the way that concepts were presented clearly for beginners like me to understand and pick up. I also like the active engagement by our course instructors and the community in sharing their practical experiences.

Aug 30, 2016

Instructors are very knowledgeable and people working in the industry have given snippets of their advice in this module. This course is really helpful if you want to start from scratch or if you are looking for a refresher of your skills. I highly recommend it.

By Akash P

Sep 27, 2019

Excellent course supported by amazing teaching resources. Course provided a foundation to continue the journey in Software Product Management specialization. Content is very well organized and delivered in coherence as well. +1 for the course notes as well!

By Joseph F R M

Aug 07, 2017

Excellent learning experience about software product management. Very good management of classes and practical and accurate information of easy learning.

Thank you very much for contributing to the area with such excellent teaching.

Best regards.

By Lounette

Aug 06, 2019

This course introduces you to the role of Software Product Manager, breaking all moulds of what is considered to be a manager. This new look at leadership and teamwork in the workplace is refreshing! The course material is clear and engaging.

By Thomas S

Aug 29, 2019

Pretty easy to understand and to gain a basic insight into SPM before proceeding and diving into the details of a SPM duties and shenanigans whatsoever. This prepares the students into the courses so they know what to expect down the line.

By Vivek K

Dec 14, 2019

Overall the content of the course was good enough to understand the necessity of the Agile. The trainers were very good and to the point. Thank you very much for the content as well. It also helped in a way to summarize the topics.

By Ivette M

Mar 03, 2016

This the perfect way to start. I am gearing towards Software Product Management as my new career and this course has given me the confidence and introductory knowledge that I needed. Ready to take the next courses! Thank you.

By Denis N

Dec 31, 2016

Thanks a lot!

This course is my very first experience of distance education.

I was surprised with how this course is organized.

I've got o lot positive emotions and useful information. I am looking forward of my next module!

By Dmytro S

Dec 28, 2016

Very nice introductory course. Materials are well-structured and the pacing is easy for beginners. I was interested in taking the whole specialization in the first place, and this course got me even more interested. 10/10

By Luis F S C

Apr 29, 2018

I love the introduction course of SPM I really like the contest and I think that is a good approach to le us know what are we going to see through all the specialization.

Thank you so much for share your knowledge with us

By Cansu O

Mar 19, 2020

The course was very attractive for me and provided a clear understanding of what is the role of Software Product Manager in an Agile project. If you interest to become an SPM, it's a great way to start right here!

By Abigail C

Aug 23, 2018

I have some knowledge about software product management before starting this course, this course have so far helped me to organize better and put in perspective what should be done to achieve a successful project.

By Antony J

Jan 20, 2019

As someone, who has no experience with Product Management, I found this course to be an excellent window which showcases the basics of the domain of Software Product Management and what all is involved within it.

By IMAD A

Oct 07, 2019

Very important course to start with if you are planning to specialise in Software Products fields.

Instructors are great and have the required knowledge to share. Course materials and menus are simple.

By Niranjan K

Jan 11, 2019

By K J G

Oct 14, 2017

The Course was fantastic. As expected, the course provided all the basics of Software Product Management. This team, for creating such a wonderful course and the specialization.

Regards,