Back to Introduction to Software Product Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Software Product Management by University of Alberta

This course highlights the importance and role of software product management. It also provides an overview of the specialization, as well as its goals, structure, and expectations. The course explains the value of process, requirements, planning, and monitoring in producing better software....

NK
Jan 10, 2019

The course was very interactive, useful and interesting. I can definitely apply the knowledge that I gained out of this course to my day on day work on Software Management. Kudos to the production and

ED
Feb 18, 2018

Though it is an introductory course, it is packed with great information about managing a software product. I enjoyed the course, and I am moving on with the next course on the SPM specialization.

26 - 50 of 1,119 Reviews for Introduction to Software Product Management

By Dave E

Dec 18, 2019

As a product manager with experience in financial services I found this course to be very helpful in transferring skills to software development. While the "theory" may be similar, the actual practices of SPM are different in important ways -- in seeing "software development" as distinct from other types of product (software or hardware) development.

By Johanna G S

Nov 22, 2020

Well-organized introduction to the topic of software product management, geared towards beginners. The focus is on defining terms and introducing main themes for the rest of the specialization. I found the presentation to be very clear and appreciated having the suggested readings and videos to watch in addition to the required course materials.

By ralumogo

Nov 16, 2020

Coming from a financial technology background, as a Client Support person. This program has been quite helpful. Now i can make a difference in my sector. I work closely with customers, knowing the trend in their technology needs i can now proffer solutions to them. I hope to acquire in-depth knowledge to enable me do this efficiently.

By Gemma P

Mar 7, 2017

Really enjoyed taking this course and I'm looking forward to the next step. Like the interactive videos. Like the extra resources highlighting relevant Ted Talks.

Discussion area is not as useful as I'd hoped and use of surveys from 2013 not super useful. Parts talking about tools used are irrelevant now are not very helpful.

By Raul M

Sep 22, 2019

Lo escribo en español porque considero que la comunidad hispana es también importante en este curso. Es un curso excelente, los concepto son claros y bien explicado, los cuestionarios dentro del curso sirven para reforzar los conceptos explicados en el vídeo en cuestión.

felicidades por la calidad del material.

By Oliver T

Dec 30, 2015

I really liked the course. It was too easy for my taste, but that's normal for an introduction, I guess. What I really appreciated: You can actually interact with the staff, and they seem to be willing to iteratively improve the course -- quite in line with the principles of Agile Software Development :-)

By MOHAN A

Jun 20, 2020

This course was very interesting,interactive and useful. It points out the main difference between SW product management compared to product management of other industries. Specifically, Change.

It is a great way for experienced product managers of other industries to transition into the SW business.

By Sachin D S

Jul 15, 2020

It was a very good course for getting into the software project management. Since i am a undergraduate from a different industry, i require the knowledge from the very basic. I highly recommend this course as the best one for getting into this industry even though you are working on a different one

By Steven T

Jul 24, 2020

Well worth my time. I walk away with a with a better understanding of how software product management leads to better software products. As well as a better grasp on how Agile principles will improve your own projects. If you're interested in these subjects at all I'd recommend taking this course.

By Devdatta E R

Jan 31, 2019

Very well structured, great learning.

Only little issue I found was the final grading quizzes give away the answers after first attempt which can be used by students to secure good grade in second/third attempt without having really understood the concepts. I think this needs to be fixed.

By Kavee S

Jan 23, 2020

I have learned so much about SPM from this course and really excited to begin my new journey as project manager. This course help me get a fresh start and kind of oversee the entire area. I like the constant pace of useful information that the instructors have given. Thank you very much.

By Grecia L H

May 23, 2017

Interesting topics and great information to know what Agile is? and how product management needs to work with resources and teams; I really enjoyed this course. Highly recommeded for those who wants to manage better their teams even if they aren't involved in technology projetcs.

By Czarina C C

Apr 18, 2020

A good introductory course for Software Product Management. Gives a good foundation for someone who wants to learn more about the field. The supplementary materials for reading and TED talks definitely give a good view of how these principles discussed are seen in the real world.

By Nahuel A F

Jul 30, 2017

Overall the course was excellent. The only feedback I have for the final evaluations is if it could state what the right answer is for the questions I failed, that for sure would help me solidify knowledge, especially if the difference in the response was subtle. Thanks a lot!

By RITWIK S

Nov 10, 2019

Excellent Course. Even that I already knew a lot of agile principles and practices but then too I learned many new things from this course. The instructors were good and clear and every word they say just got printed in my mind. And the material and readings were fun as well.

By Olesya V

Nov 11, 2019

Information is presented very clear and in a easily comprehensive way. I really enjoyed this intro course and will proceed in the Software Product Management Specialization. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about the Software Product Management career.

By Suhaimi W C

Nov 20, 2020

Awesome overview and highlights of agile software product development. Enjoyed the course. Great content and easy to follow. To the point and easy to understand. Look forward to the next courses and very excited to learn more. Thank you for teaching this specialization.

By Jakub L

Sep 25, 2019

I really liked this introduction also if I'm coming from behavior as a Software Engineer and experienced most of those issued pieces of information, the course was really valuable. I get some new info and a better understanding of the methodologies to become a great SPM.

By Rivaldo L S

Jun 7, 2020

For those who still don't know what Product Manager does, it's highly recommended course. At the first I thought this is a simple explanation about Product Manager's job description, I was wrong. They taught me about product management deeper. It's highly recommended!

By Brittney L

Mar 25, 2019

This was great. If you are new to Software Product Management or if you are looking to advance from an associate role you should definitely check out this course. This was a great refresher, I am really excited to take the rest of the courses in this specialization.

By Mohamed E

Nov 8, 2015

A very good course, offered in very smart method

Clear course objectives, good notes, language suitable for non-native speakers, excellent filming quality and the plus is using cartons which simplify the ideas

Thanks university of Alberta and all the instructors

By Alishah S

A great beginning towards my desired course goal. Thank you extra ordinary resources. Your team support was amazing. Looking forward for completing all the remaining courses in this specialization. Warmest thank you to the teacher and the University of Alberta CA.

By Kaiquan M

Apr 4, 2016

Even though this was an introductory course, I liked the way that concepts were presented clearly for beginners like me to understand and pick up. I also like the active engagement by our course instructors and the community in sharing their practical experiences.

By Vittorio D

Apr 25, 2020

As stated in its title, the course is a good and comprehensive introduction to Software Product Management. I am a beginner and I went quite smoothly through it. If you need deeper knowledge I suggest to follow the entire specialization and complete the capstone.

By Tariq I M

May 22, 2020

It was perfectly explained in simple and soft language, during lecture Quiz is very helpful, I gain new experience and for sure it will boost my future and carrier. I would like to thanks Coursera and University of Alberta for this wonderful effort. Appreciated.