Back to Introduction to Software Product Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Software Product Management by University of Alberta

This course highlights the importance and role of software product management. It also provides an overview of the specialization, as well as its goals, structure, and expectations. The course explains the value of process, requirements, planning, and monitoring in producing better software....

NK
Jan 10, 2019

The course was very interactive, useful and interesting. I can definitely apply the knowledge that I gained out of this course to my day on day work on Software Management. Kudos to the production and

ED
Feb 18, 2018

Though it is an introductory course, it is packed with great information about managing a software product. I enjoyed the course, and I am moving on with the next course on the SPM specialization.

51 - 75 of 1,119 Reviews for Introduction to Software Product Management

Aug 30, 2016

Instructors are very knowledgeable and people working in the industry have given snippets of their advice in this module. This course is really helpful if you want to start from scratch or if you are looking for a refresher of your skills. I highly recommend it.

By Akash P

Sep 27, 2019

Excellent course supported by amazing teaching resources. Course provided a foundation to continue the journey in Software Product Management specialization. Content is very well organized and delivered in coherence as well. +1 for the course notes as well!

By Terje K

Nov 23, 2020

Good practical course. The course aroused interest in further exploring the principles of agile management. It also teaches to be a "smart subscriber". A good introduction to other software related courses. Clear and systematic materials: videos, reading.

By Vibhanshu s

May 15, 2020

Achieves what the course is for which is introduction to software product management with focus on agile practices for software development. Short and sweet course for anyone who wants to know what is SPM and what is its importance in project management.

By Joseph F R M

Aug 7, 2017

Excellent learning experience about software product management. Very good management of classes and practical and accurate information of easy learning.

Thank you very much for contributing to the area with such excellent teaching.

Best regards.

By GILVONIO O N M

Jun 7, 2020

I liked this course, It's so useful for you know in general way what we will see in the next courses of this specialization. In same time, I learned and knew more vocabulary that I need to my major. Thanks for this course University of Alberta!

By Lounette

Aug 6, 2019

This course introduces you to the role of Software Product Manager, breaking all moulds of what is considered to be a manager. This new look at leadership and teamwork in the workplace is refreshing! The course material is clear and engaging.

By Thomas S

Aug 29, 2019

Pretty easy to understand and to gain a basic insight into SPM before proceeding and diving into the details of a SPM duties and shenanigans whatsoever. This prepares the students into the courses so they know what to expect down the line.

By Mauricio O

Jun 4, 2020

There is a great course, with clear and very well structured topics, the professor have a lot of knowledge and good teaching methodology. The content are very clear and has helped me expand and improve my knowledge In this area. Thanks!!!

By Om M

Aug 16, 2020

Great Content, provided good initial overview and the feel of what software product management is. the Quizzes were great and the materials and articles were good too. Great instructors ! They have successfully created my interest in SPM

By Marwan E B

Apr 26, 2020

This introduction course was really amazing: structured, complete and with super useful inputs from Software Product Management practitionners. I am very much looking forward to move on in the Software Product Management Specialization !

By swarada

Apr 26, 2020

This course is the basic foundation for the developers ,product managers and anyone who is eager to build , launch their software product. It provides great insight the whole pathway of using agile methodology to build great products.

By Vivek K

Dec 14, 2019

Overall the content of the course was good enough to understand the necessity of the Agile. The trainers were very good and to the point. Thank you very much for the content as well. It also helped in a way to summarize the topics.

By Ivette M

Mar 3, 2016

This the perfect way to start. I am gearing towards Software Product Management as my new career and this course has given me the confidence and introductory knowledge that I needed. Ready to take the next courses! Thank you.

By Alkaid R

Jul 11, 2020

I´m proud to do this course because now i´m more clear about management a team, their concepts, how to divide the organization and also a higher panorama of the structure (Client, Software Product Management and Developers).

By Denis N

Dec 31, 2016

Thanks a lot!

This course is my very first experience of distance education.

I was surprised with how this course is organized.

I've got o lot positive emotions and useful information. I am looking forward of my next module!

By Dmytro S

Dec 28, 2016

Very nice introductory course. Materials are well-structured and the pacing is easy for beginners. I was interested in taking the whole specialization in the first place, and this course got me even more interested. 10/10

By Mayra A S M

Jul 6, 2020

Está muy interesante el curso, no es aburrido, las animaciones ayudan mucho, las explicaciones son concretas y no te duermes, los conceptos que manejan son muy claros y entendibles, así como también los ejemplos y test.

By Luis F S C

Apr 29, 2018

I love the introduction course of SPM I really like the contest and I think that is a good approach to le us know what are we going to see through all the specialization.

Thank you so much for share your knowledge with us

By Cansu O

Mar 19, 2020

The course was very attractive for me and provided a clear understanding of what is the role of Software Product Manager in an Agile project. If you interest to become an SPM, it's a great way to start right here!

By Abigail C

Aug 23, 2018

I have some knowledge about software product management before starting this course, this course have so far helped me to organize better and put in perspective what should be done to achieve a successful project.

By antony j

Jan 20, 2019

As someone, who has no experience with Product Management, I found this course to be an excellent window which showcases the basics of the domain of Software Product Management and what all is involved within it.

By Celine D

Apr 19, 2020

Thanks a lot for this 1st module ! A very good overview of the course and first dive into the software development process. We can really fell that the examples taken are from "the real life" and that is gold.

By Nicki V

Sep 30, 2020

The Introduction to Software in Product Management was an excellent course! I found the structure really good and the learning material really interesting! Great work! I am glad I decided to take this course!

By Sonia C

This is a well-designed course, up-to-date and the delivery is just perfect, all that I needed to know, not more, not less. I recommend this course as one of the best in Coursera. I enjoyed learning from it.