Back to Introduction to Software Product Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Software Product Management by University of Alberta

This course highlights the importance and role of software product management. It also provides an overview of the specialization, as well as its goals, structure, and expectations. The course explains the value of process, requirements, planning, and monitoring in producing better software....

NK
Jan 10, 2019

The course was very interactive, useful and interesting. I can definitely apply the knowledge that I gained out of this course to my day on day work on Software Management. Kudos to the production and

ED
Feb 18, 2018

Though it is an introductory course, it is packed with great information about managing a software product. I enjoyed the course, and I am moving on with the next course on the SPM specialization.

876 - 900 of 1,242 Reviews for Introduction to Software Product Management

By Agatha O E

May 18, 2021

cool

By Koco N

Sep 13, 2020

good

By Souhardya G

Sep 13, 2020

Good

By Obioma O

Aug 20, 2020

nice

By Jayasree B

Aug 8, 2020

good

By Pratik M

Jul 8, 2020

Good

By Nagakundana Y

Jun 2, 2020

Good

By KARMANYA D

good

By rachala p

good

By MARIAM S A

May 3, 2020

Dec 10, 2017

thnx

By Muhammad Z A

Jun 6, 2017

good

By Rizwan S

Oct 8, 2016

Good

By shantanu r s

Jan 18, 2020

Dec 17, 2015

R

By Nikolai K

Sep 16, 2020

It's a useful course that provides a good introduction into the Product Management field. There are a lot of fundamental aspects that serve as an important base for successful product management and they are backed by real facts.

The negatives: I didn't really get the idea behind some questions in the graded assignments. Some of the questions were intentionally organized to confuse the student by having a lot of very similar options without one distinct correct answer (even considering that I was paying thorough attention to the course materials). Some questions also focused on Course structure or some specific supplemental materials, which is not something that a Product Manager should be memorizing for the future in my opinion.

Overall a nice introductory course with some room for improvement.

By Dominic F

Jan 20, 2020

The training materials are very well presented and easy to digest. I got plenty out of it. But the certificates are really, really easy to pass and I think it devalues them somewhat. If you're interested in this because you just want to learn for the sake of learning, or to supplement any practical knowledge of product management that you may already have through experience in your career (as was my case) and to just understand things better, this is great. But I wouldn't expect to get a new job/change career because of any certificate you earn from this course or others in the specialisation.

By Scott B

Sep 13, 2018

The content was good, could be a little more comprehensive but as this is a 101 course I won't deduct marks. You lost a star because some quiz questions are deliberately confused by language to make them harder. This isn't unusual, I just find it low effort and it's a barrier to non-english first language speakers. Quiz questions should be made harder by being thought provoking or by requiring greater knowledge of topic.