Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 16, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

VI

Apr 26, 2022

Wow. What an amazing journey. Engaging, exciting, and as far from broring as it is possible while providing actual knowledge. Perfect balance. The only downside of this course is that is it too short.

101 - 125 of 519 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Ashish S

Sep 24, 2017

I always struggled in solving probability related problems. This course has definitely helped me in understanding my misconceptions in this area. Thank you for good content and examples which made this course fun to learn.

Thank you.

By Eloy P H

Aug 29, 2021

Excellent way to teach probability as a tool for real world applications. More practical and less theoretical without losing rigor. Thanks for the course. Looking forward for more courses with professor Schmedders. Thanks again!

By Rashomi S

Apr 21, 2021

An excellent instructor. Easy to follow and understand. I particularly like the examples taken from popular culture, Star Wars to be precise. But I wish they have included more exercise so that will give the opportunity to practice.

By Ammarah F

Apr 10, 2018

this course is really helpful in building basics about probability. it explains with examples and also make us think about the wrong approaches we have been tricked by. in lecture quizzes are really nice aspect and keeps me engaged.

By Tomasz K

Feb 17, 2019

The course was great, thank you! The only thing I would change are the exercises, which required to repeat some values presented in the associated videos, somehow I did not find it exciting/teaching me anything... Still, thank you!

By Manideep L

Aug 25, 2017

This is a superbly crafted course, as it truly gives an intuitive introduction to probability. You'll get a sense of how important a role this intriguing subject plays in the real world thanks to the inclusion of its applications.

By Biswajit R

Jan 12, 2021

When I started, I never thought of completing the course on Probability. I was looking for clarity on some concepts of Probability but continued with other topics. One of the finest classes on Probability with so much simplicity.

By Piyanka D

Apr 18, 2019

The teaching technique of Professor is awesome. Loved to continue this course for his extensive delivery of lectures with easy real life examples. Thank you Sir, love to take part other courses where you will teach in Coursera.

By Nguyen M

Sep 28, 2018

Thank you so much! All the explanation in the course were clear and intuitive! I have looked for explanation for probability and random variables in many places and still could not grasp the ideas. and Karl is the best teacher!

By Daniel U

Mar 30, 2021

This is an amazing course. The tools I learned here have a wide range of applications. Karl and José did an amazing job. The material is very comprehensible and Karl explains it very well. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

By Prashant C

Oct 5, 2019

Karl is exceptional. Love the way you teach, especially the real life examples and cases.

Thanks to Karl, I am no more scared with the word 'Probability'...!! Kudos to you..!!

Would love to attend more MOOCs conducted by Karl.

By Rahul S

Oct 26, 2019

This is a very good introductory course to the challenging topic called Probability. My approach is to start from this course and then take advanced courses on the topic in my journey to Data Science, and Machine Learning.

By Shay H

Aug 29, 2020

This is a really great, well-explained course for those who need a refresher or even have never taken probability courses before. Professor Schmedders is one of the best instructors I've experienced so far on Coursera.

By christopher w

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent course, the instructors were engaging and succeeded in making the course fun. I learned a lot from this and it did not feel like work at all, rather it was a pleasure to participate. Very nicely done indeed!

By Ioana D

Feb 21, 2017

Very good introduction to probability, the concepts were really well explained, I wish there was a sequel to this course covering other subjects in statistics. I highly recommend this course for absolute beginners.

By Kelsey H

May 13, 2017

This is an excellent course! I highly recommend it to anyone struggling to make statistics and probability feel natural and intuitive, or to beginners in the subject. I hope this team makes some more courses soon!

By Katherine A C

Feb 17, 2021

A very enjoyable introduction to probability! Fantastic lecturer--very kind--you can tell he really cares that you learn everything well and don't get scared off by anything. God bless him and the exercises TA!

By Lakshmi N N

Aug 9, 2017

Awesome course and learnt probability. More than the learning, the course kindled the interest to learn probability further. Thanks to Professor Karl and Jose. Looking forward for next course from you. Thank you.

By Mary F

Feb 25, 2020

Professor Karl Schmedders is an amazing instructor and made the course a pleasure by describing probability in away that is easily understood using practical examples. I wish he had other Coursera classes.

By Ian S

Aug 8, 2020

Absolutely delightful. This is one of the strongest online courses I have ever taken. The instructor is clear and enthusiastic and provides a very good introduction to fundamental concepts in probability.

By Anantkumar B

Aug 12, 2019

Prof. Schmedders discusses concepts, demonstrates how to use functions in Excel and neatly ties them to real world scenarios. For all those intending to learn funadmentals of probability, look no further.

By Joseph L

Dec 30, 2017

This is an amazing course that Pr Karl's lively lecture make difficult and complicated concept simple and clear, not only easy to understand but also easy to apply. I do appreciate Pf. Karl and TA Jose.

By Ng J Q

Jun 26, 2020

I really love this course! There are only 2 questions per quiz and they really tested my understanding of the content. The professor is very clear and not boring at all :) would definitely recommend it!

By Vyacheslav I

Apr 27, 2022

By Ashik R

Feb 23, 2022

Excelent course if you hate probability and want to start having fun with it. Its very beginner friendly spend soem time before you go to 4th and 5th modules. I am very grateful to Karl and Jose.