Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS
Sep 16, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

MI
Aug 9, 2020

This course has made me fall in love with probability. Highly recommended for anyone who dislikes probability. You will end up loving probability later. Great instructor and quality lecture material.

101 - 125 of 434 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Rachit

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

By Usha R

Nov 3, 2017

This course is an absolute GEM. I am glad I took it before my CFA preparation. I would highly recommend this course . I thoroughly enjoyed all the real time applications given by the professor!!!

By Paul K

Jul 29, 2017

Taught from a very practical standpoint with no math derivations or excessive theory. The use of Microsoft Excel made it very easy to calculate probabilities. This course has numerous ral-world

By Hristo H

Feb 25, 2018

Really enjoyed this class. It gives a nice introduction to probability with engaging examples. It require that you have excel and in the later part you spend sometime solving exercises in Excel.

By Nitin M

Jul 4, 2017

It is a gentle introduction to probability. The professor and the teaching assistant are excellent. This indeed is a intuitive introduction to probability, I would highly recommend this course.

By Curt E

Mar 29, 2017

This course is great. Karl is really smart and funny. I hope he makes more courses. Thanks Karl!

ps. I thought I had already rated it, but don't see my star count and it deserves every star!

By Stefano M

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent explanations, clear, concise and fun. Best course I found on basic probability, really entertained me and got me stuck to the computer wanting to learn more. Definitely recommended!

By Michael B

Apr 30, 2020

What an incredible course! Dr. Schmedders' energy combined with his knowledge made for an insightful introduction to probability that I will use as a launchpad for further explorations!

By Venkata R S R

Apr 3, 2020

The course is taught in very basic manner so that everyone can understand easily. I am looking forward to advanced course in probability with real world practical examples in detail.

By Leopold G

Jun 16, 2017

All the concepts and examples are taught very intuitive and accessible. One can also find useful Excel hints for calculating probabilities. Many thanks to the authors of the course!

By Vassilis V

May 3, 2020

First of all, Carl congrats! Always so good to see a passionate about his/her subject lecturer! The course was great. Looking forward to more online courses from you. Thanks a lot!

By SRINATH N M

Sep 14, 2017

This course was very well taught. Without using much of Math, the instructor has given a good feel for probability. Would recommend this course to anyone interested in probability.

By Rodrigo S

Nov 17, 2020

Fun Course. Even though I am an engineer I lacked the intuition....also very good excercises. Easy and good references. I missed the excels made by the Professor. ,-)

Best regards.

By Boshi T

Sep 3, 2017

The course is really really intuitive, I'm from Mechanical Engineering and I still find this to be interesting, despite the fact that some of the examples are focused on business.

By Atin J

Jul 25, 2019

The course provides introduction to probability in a very interesting manner along with the common misinterpretations of it as well.

Go for it to clear your basics of probability.

By Sophia A

Dec 28, 2017

It really has inspired my interest in the probability in this uncertain world. A lot of quite useful applications as well. I've had a lot of fun in the study. I love this course!

By Andrew W T

Sep 18, 2017

A really excellent class- I learned a good deal about probability and (more importantly) really felt like I *finally* understood things! The professor and TA were very good too.

By Harald v F

Jan 9, 2021

Excellent refresher to probability. The professor made very good examples to bring the important concepts home. At last I understand now Bayes' Theorem.

Danke, Professor! :-)

By Bharat D

Jul 25, 2020

A simple and elegant explanation of each and every topic.

I highly recommend this course.

Thanks for the great content. It helped me build the intuition towards probability.

By Pramey R

Jul 14, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Mr. Karl is a wonderful teacher. I would love to know if there are more advanced versions of this course which I can take up. Thanks again.

By Robert B

Mar 2, 2020

Excellent course, thoroughly enjoyed learning statistics, very straightforward, excellent presenters engaged me in the work. Highly recommended. I want to continue learning

By Eduardo C M

Nov 8, 2020

Nice course, my college teacher recommend me this course to have a little taste of probability and stadistics, right now I'm still learning more other topics in my course.

By Valentin A

Mar 12, 2019

Very informative course. Excellent instructors. Supplement materials are also very useful.

I can actually say that probability is fun and useful, and I want to learn more.

By Nadia S

Feb 27, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed the course! After this course I feel confident to learn more about probability as it doesn't seem intimidating as it did before I started . Many Thanks!

By Khan H

Oct 23, 2018

Nice intuition about probability that can help you to understand the problems in daily life, and how to solve it. Appreciate the teacher of this class for best intuition.