Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

51 - 75 of 265 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Komal S

Jan 28, 2017

Nice course.

By Luisa G

Sep 16, 2017

This is not a math heavy introduction, but will walk you through probability with fun business applications.

By Ahamed M I

Jan 11, 2017

I wish this course never ends.

By Yogesh

Jul 20, 2017

Good course

By Manideep L

Aug 25, 2017

This is a superbly crafted course, as it truly gives an intuitive introduction to probability. You'll get a sense of how important a role this intriguing subject plays in the real world thanks to the inclusion of its applications.

By Edward M M

Jul 09, 2018

Very intuitive and easy to follow.

By Ahmed

Jul 26, 2017

Great Course ... It made probability concepts easy to understand.

By Kaisa K

May 15, 2018

I fully enjoyed this course. It is a great introductory course into probability, with tons of real world examples. I had taken probability as part of my college courses >10 years ago, so I just needed a non-boring refresher. This was great. The professor was animated and engaging.

By João P E d S

Mar 22, 2018

Very good course!!!

Thank you to Professor Karl and José!

By Nancy W

Aug 16, 2017

Really enjoyed this well prepared course. A gentle introduction that creates interest in toward further study.

By claudia

Aug 17, 2017

Excelente course!

By Marcus S

Aug 20, 2017

One of the best MOOCs I've done. Prof Smedders is just excellent.

By Yoás S R G

Feb 13, 2017

I want to thank and congratulate Prof. Karl, José and all the people involved in the development of the course for this incredible series. The lectures of Karl were outstanding, very clear, direct to the point, with concrete examples to erase any doubts. The exercises with José helped me reinforce the concepts learned with Karl, not to mention the real world applications (the most enjoyable part for me), which also were very interesting and were the main reason the course got me hooked.

To be honest, I had already taken a probability course many years ago but this was definitely better. Now I realize I hadn´t fully understood key concepts until now and I´m sure that in the future I won´t forget them easily.

If anything I would suggest adding another application to the Bayes´ Theorem: Bayesian Networks for Artificial Intelligence.

Thanks again and I really really look forward to take another course on a related subject with you guys.

By Jethro P

Feb 03, 2018

Great course to refresh your memory on probability or for a beginner. Thanks Karl!

By Preetha J

Jul 06, 2018

Great course with truly interesting and engaging lectures. Lecturer is excellent and exercises at the end of each module are very helpful.

By Igor I

Jun 10, 2017

Great course! Fun professor, easy to listen. Very good for learning basic skills in calculating probability. Fun exercises (Millenium Falcon)

By Pankaj S G

Dec 03, 2017

I could not answer few questions in high school final exams due my fear for probability. Professor Karl has really removed my fear and I want to invest more time now in learning more aspects about this. More importantly I could understand all the examples he has explained. Now I know the concepts Conditional probability, random variable and normal distribution. For me, no more, random variable is not just calling a 'rand()' function, normal distribution is no more a bell curve which just looks good and I have more regards for Excel as a tool to compute probabilities. Thanks.

By Kelsey H

May 14, 2017

This is an excellent course! I highly recommend it to anyone struggling to make statistics and probability feel natural and intuitive, or to beginners in the subject. I hope this team makes some more courses soon!

By Gabriela S

Jun 09, 2017

Good course and easy to follow.

By Andrew W T

Sep 18, 2017

A really excellent class- I learned a good deal about probability and (more importantly) really felt like I *finally* understood things! The professor and TA were very good too.

By stevencheng1982

Jul 04, 2018

very good course!

By Georgios P

May 08, 2017

Nice introductory course!

By Curt E

Mar 29, 2017

This course is great. Karl is really smart and funny. I hope he makes more courses. Thanks Karl!

ps. I thought I had already rated it, but don't see my star count and it deserves every star!

By Javier A

Apr 28, 2017

Clear explanations, funny stories, and simple and useful calculations.

By Anastasia T

Jun 29, 2017

The instructor is so great. Cheerful and to the point, he wants you to learn without much sweating. The information is simple, and through examples it becomes very well acquired. However, it helps much, if you have some background in working with probabilities. I really enjoy having him as a teacher, even from far away. Great job!