Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

51 - 75 of 293 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Ammarah F

Apr 10, 2018

this course is really helpful in building basics about probability. it explains with examples and also make us think about the wrong approaches we have been tricked by. in lecture quizzes are really nice aspect and keeps me engaged.

By Tomasz K

Feb 17, 2019

The course was great, thank you! The only thing I would change are the exercises, which required to repeat some values presented in the associated videos, somehow I did not find it exciting/teaching me anything... Still, thank you!

By Manideep L

Aug 25, 2017

This is a superbly crafted course, as it truly gives an intuitive introduction to probability. You'll get a sense of how important a role this intriguing subject plays in the real world thanks to the inclusion of its applications.

By Piyanka D

Apr 18, 2019

The teaching technique of Professor is awesome. Loved to continue this course for his extensive delivery of lectures with easy real life examples. Thank you Sir, love to take part other courses where you will teach in Coursera.

By Nguyen M

Sep 28, 2018

Thank you so much! All the explanation in the course were clear and intuitive! I have looked for explanation for probability and random variables in many places and still could not grasp the ideas. and Karl is the best teacher!

By Prashant C

Oct 05, 2019

Karl is exceptional. Love the way you teach, especially the real life examples and cases.

Thanks to Karl, I am no more scared with the word 'Probability'...!! Kudos to you..!!

Would love to attend more MOOCs conducted by Karl.

By Rahul S

Oct 26, 2019

This is a very good introductory course to the challenging topic called Probability. My approach is to start from this course and then take advanced courses on the topic in my journey to Data Science, and Machine Learning.

By christopher w

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent course, the instructors were engaging and succeeded in making the course fun. I learned a lot from this and it did not feel like work at all, rather it was a pleasure to participate. Very nicely done indeed!

By Ioana D

Feb 21, 2017

Very good introduction to probability, the concepts were really well explained, I wish there was a sequel to this course covering other subjects in statistics. I highly recommend this course for absolute beginners.

By Kelsey H

May 14, 2017

This is an excellent course! I highly recommend it to anyone struggling to make statistics and probability feel natural and intuitive, or to beginners in the subject. I hope this team makes some more courses soon!

By Lakshmi N N

Aug 09, 2017

Awesome course and learnt probability. More than the learning, the course kindled the interest to learn probability further. Thanks to Professor Karl and Jose. Looking forward for next course from you. Thank you.

By Mary F

Feb 26, 2020

Professor Karl Schmedders is an amazing instructor and made the course a pleasure by describing probability in away that is easily understood using practical examples. I wish he had other Coursera classes.

By Anantkumar B

Aug 12, 2019

Prof. Schmedders discusses concepts, demonstrates how to use functions in Excel and neatly ties them to real world scenarios. For all those intending to learn funadmentals of probability, look no further.

By Joseph L

Dec 30, 2017

This is an amazing course that Pr Karl's lively lecture make difficult and complicated concept simple and clear, not only easy to understand but also easy to apply. I do appreciate Pf. Karl and TA Jose.

By Rachit

Jun 17, 2017

By Usha R

Nov 03, 2017

This course is an absolute GEM. I am glad I took it before my CFA preparation. I would highly recommend this course . I thoroughly enjoyed all the real time applications given by the professor!!!

By Paul K

Jul 29, 2017

Taught from a very practical standpoint with no math derivations or excessive theory. The use of Microsoft Excel made it very easy to calculate probabilities. This course has numerous ral-world

By Hristo H

Feb 26, 2018

Really enjoyed this class. It gives a nice introduction to probability with engaging examples. It require that you have excel and in the later part you spend sometime solving exercises in Excel.

By Nitin M

Jul 05, 2017

It is a gentle introduction to probability. The professor and the teaching assistant are excellent. This indeed is a intuitive introduction to probability, I would highly recommend this course.

By Curt E

Mar 29, 2017

This course is great. Karl is really smart and funny. I hope he makes more courses. Thanks Karl!

ps. I thought I had already rated it, but don't see my star count and it deserves every star!

By Stefano M

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent explanations, clear, concise and fun. Best course I found on basic probability, really entertained me and got me stuck to the computer wanting to learn more. Definitely recommended!

By Venkata R S R

Apr 03, 2020

The course is taught in very basic manner so that everyone can understand easily. I am looking forward to advanced course in probability with real world practical examples in detail.

By Leopold G

Jun 16, 2017

All the concepts and examples are taught very intuitive and accessible. One can also find useful Excel hints for calculating probabilities. Many thanks to the authors of the course!

By SRINATH N M

Sep 14, 2017

This course was very well taught. Without using much of Math, the instructor has given a good feel for probability. Would recommend this course to anyone interested in probability.

By Boshi T

Sep 03, 2017

The course is really really intuitive, I'm from Mechanical Engineering and I still find this to be interesting, despite the fact that some of the examples are focused on business.