Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

126 - 150 of 265 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Steven L

May 05, 2017

Great intro to probability concepts and Karl is a very personable and interesting teacher

By Peniel

May 08, 2017

I enjoy this course, and actually I had fun.

By Ruba D

Jul 06, 2017

it was a very nice course that explained probability in a simple way

By Praveen K

Aug 19, 2017

The way Karl taught the probability was more practical and intuitive rather than theoretical. I also liked the enthusiasm in teaching . As promised in the beginning of the course it was fun and i enjoyed a lot. Thanks once again for the cool stuff!!

By Jerry R

Jun 15, 2017

An excellent course! a very gentle introduction to Probability. Subjects are taught in simple and yet effective explanations with a good sense of humor. I really like the real-world examples and exercises; they greatly help me to understand the concepts and enhance my learning experience.

By SongNan

May 04, 2017

Very cool course let me dive into probability from very different traditional Math Formula perspective, and give me many chances as I can to apply what I learned into real application. I will definitely recommend this course to any other people.

By deepak k s

Jun 16, 2017

This was a a very interesting course and it helped me appreciate probability even more. Thank you so much.

By Oh

Nov 20, 2017

Interesting and funny

By Paul B

Mar 02, 2018

I enjoyed it.

By Dmitri M

Apr 29, 2017

A useful refresher of my university courses. Thanks.

By Jacqueline T d S

Feb 24, 2018

I really enjoyed and recommend this course.

By 柳思杨

May 03, 2018

brilliant cases,but too easy

By Angel R

May 11, 2017

excellent take on a difficult subjet. Very clear explanations of complex concepts and with every day life examples.

By Zsuzsanna J

May 09, 2017

It was an awesome course, Karl was a great teacher, I really enjoyed the lessons

By Benjamin L

Apr 26, 2017

Easy to understand, funny, straightforward, and taught in such a way that it is immediately clear as you are learning how these skills can be used in the real world. I highly recommend this course to anyone seeking to learn about the fundamentals of probability, even those who don't use the subject in their career or lives.

My only bit of criticism would be that the course relies on intermittent checks for understanding as the sole criterion for passing the course rather than longer, broader problem sets. I would love to see more in the way of rigorous exams and projects. But I suppose that's what more advanced courses are for! If this course is intended to be a gentle introduction to the broad subject with the understanding that students will follow up with more advanced coursework as necessary, they have certainly succeeded admirably at that goal.

By Javier P R

Feb 21, 2017

Very interesting introduction to probabilities.

Satisfactorily explained and quite enjoyable.

By Ammarah F

Apr 10, 2018

this course is really helpful in building basics about probability. it explains with examples and also make us think about the wrong approaches we have been tricked by. in lecture quizzes are really nice aspect and keeps me engaged.

By Yris C

Mar 08, 2018

Awesome!

I'm not english-native, but still could totally understand it. Only touches the necessary detail. It is truly simplified and it did help me develop my intuitive probability skills with the "exact" amount of scientific "background" needed for me to apply it to my field. Now I feel I am capable of evaluating and prove my inferences, so I'm closer to a scientific probability than to a "paranormal" one. XD

I'm so proud of all this work you've done, grateful for your help and admired by how you managed to accomplish the maestry to teach it like this. Thanks a lot.

By Boshi T

Sep 03, 2017

The course is really really intuitive, I'm from Mechanical Engineering and I still find this to be interesting, despite the fact that some of the examples are focused on business.

By Sherif N B

May 15, 2018

Thank you!

By Juan G

Nov 01, 2017

Super educational and funny way to teach an introduction to Probability!

By SANTHA A

Nov 02, 2017

I have been teaching probability for many years, but this course helped me to get a lot of insight about real life applicaions. I enjoyed the course very much. Thank you.

By Clément P

Nov 25, 2017

Very good course but better have a scientific background to understand clearly week 5.

By Sulaiman Q

Aug 17, 2017

After this course I can safely say that I don't hate probability and It's fun and useful and I want to learn more. Cheers to Prof. Karl Schmedders, He was amazing.

By Tink

Feb 16, 2018

Excellent course with lucid explanations and illustrations, quite easy to understand for those with no background knowledge. Congratulations to Prof Karl and his team and coursera for this wonderful module. Expecting many such course series from Prof Karl!