Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

An Intuitive Introduction to Probability, University of Zurich

About this Course

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

By NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

By RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

230 Reviews

By Carlos Viloria

Mar 17, 2019

The best place I've found to start getting a good (and Intuitive, as the course's name rightfully states) grasp of Probability concepts that I have been familiar with for many years, without really understanding their meaning. Thanks a bunch for the superb work.

Ausgezeichnet!!!!

By Henrique Mageste Rocha Pereira

Mar 12, 2019

Good course and the teaching is at a good pace.

By Valentin Andreev

Mar 12, 2019

Very informative course. Excellent instructors. Supplement materials are also very useful.

I can actually say that probability is fun and useful, and I want to learn more.

By Valerii Marchenkov

Mar 08, 2019

Beautiful Course!

By Tomasz Szczepański

Mar 07, 2019

Very good course, i would like to have more open questions . Explanation was super - very intuitive :)

By Riccardo Di Capua

Mar 04, 2019

The multiple choice questions in the quizzes, with their slippery, quite similar yet tricky possible answers, makes the course absolutely distracting.

By Lucas Bui

Mar 01, 2019

Not that challenging

By Nadia Saud

Feb 27, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed the course! After this course I feel confident to learn more about probability as it doesn't seem intimidating as it did before I started . Many Thanks!

By Tomasz Kornuta

Feb 17, 2019

The course was great, thank you! The only thing I would change are the exercises, which required to repeat some values presented in the associated videos, somehow I did not find it exciting/teaching me anything... Still, thank you!

By Sushant Maruti Sutar

Feb 06, 2019

A very very good course for the people who fear probability section. The professor explains well from the basic as if you know nothing about the probability and that's the speciality of this course. Go for it if you are willing to gain some basic and also influential knowledge about probability. By the time I was taking this course I was a reading a book named 'The Black Swan' by Nassim Nicholas Taleb . And I tell you there were many similarities between the sayings of this professor and the author of the book. Well that might be the another reason I enjoyed this course well. After all, a very good course for the beginners who are going to take a little step further in the corporate world. Thank you.