Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

76 - 100 of 261 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Sarwar S

Nov 01, 2017

very well structured course , a must take for someone who is looking for a career in field of analytics and statistics.

By Gema A

Sep 14, 2017

I like the course because it is taught in profound yet intuitive way.

By Ruba D

Jul 06, 2017

it was a very nice course that explained probability in a simple way

By Praveen K

Aug 19, 2017

The way Karl taught the probability was more practical and intuitive rather than theoretical. I also liked the enthusiasm in teaching . As promised in the beginning of the course it was fun and i enjoyed a lot. Thanks once again for the cool stuff!!

By Jerry R

Jun 15, 2017

An excellent course! a very gentle introduction to Probability. Subjects are taught in simple and yet effective explanations with a good sense of humor. I really like the real-world examples and exercises; they greatly help me to understand the concepts and enhance my learning experience.

By Oh

Nov 20, 2017

Interesting and funny

By Paul B

Mar 02, 2018

I enjoyed it.

By Dmitri M

Apr 29, 2017

A useful refresher of my university courses. Thanks.

By Jacqueline T d S

Feb 24, 2018

I really enjoyed and recommend this course.

By Boshi T

Sep 03, 2017

The course is really really intuitive, I'm from Mechanical Engineering and I still find this to be interesting, despite the fact that some of the examples are focused on business.

By Sherif N B

May 15, 2018

Thank you!

By Juan G

Nov 01, 2017

Super educational and funny way to teach an introduction to Probability!

By Clément P

Nov 25, 2017

Very good course but better have a scientific background to understand clearly week 5.

By Victoria L

May 31, 2018

Excellent course to introduce or review concepts of statistics and probability. I found the calculations of probabilities much easier to do than before starting the course and following the Excel functions. I also loved the energy and charisma of both Professor Karl and assistant Jose as well as the types of exercises (e.g. Biles Olympic performances or the probabilities to survive being hit by an asteroid). Please, please, please, do another on-line course like this one for next level statistics. I would love to learn more about Bayesian applications, for example, and through your teachings. In short, I highly recommend this course for a refresher of statistics and for learning statistics in a fun an applicable way. Cheers!

By Robert E

Aug 11, 2017

A really great course with good explanations. My favorite parts were the applications in week 3 and finally understanding what a z-score is (week 5).

By Sophia A

Dec 29, 2017

It really has inspired my interest in the probability in this uncertain world. A lot of quite useful applications as well. I've had a lot of fun in the study. I love this course!

By Anatole J

Dec 04, 2017

Très intéressant et bien conçu.

By Limala

May 28, 2017

Thank you for the cool module on probability.

By Usha R

Nov 03, 2017

This course is an absolute GEM. I am glad I took it before my CFA preparation. I would highly recommend this course . I thoroughly enjoyed all the real time applications given by the professor!!!

By SARANYA G N

Jun 21, 2018

The course was extremely refreshing and engaging.

By Matthew A

Oct 16, 2017

A great overview of basic probability, with interesting applications and motivating examples.

Short quizzes after each video gives invaluable quick feedback on comprehension.

Prof Schmedders is an engaging and insightful instructor.

My only criticism is that it is just 5 weeks of material, it's all over too soon. A followup course would be wonderful.

By SRINATH N M

Sep 14, 2017

This course was very well taught. Without using much of Math, the instructor has given a good feel for probability. Would recommend this course to anyone interested in probability.

By Thiago S d S

Dec 08, 2017

An excellent course!

By Fei Y

May 26, 2017

I found so much in probability within this course!

By Echo

Jul 24, 2017

Mr Karl is passionate and I had a great experience in this class. Thank you very very much.