Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

76 - 100 of 265 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Li K

Jun 13, 2017

Nice course! Many thanks to Prof.Karl Schmedders! He made simple but deep enough introduction to probability. Now probability is fun and useful, and I want to learn more.

By Rohit M

May 30, 2017

Great effort by both, Instructor and TA. Very good collection of quiz questions. Which enhanced the learning's form this course. Great work!!!

By cfinnna

May 24, 2017

It's an interesting intro course of probably if you don't know much about this subject. The lectures are straightforward and easy to digest, exercise are well-organised. The excel formulas introduced are quite useful. Looking forward to more courses from Karl :)

By Youcheng L

Nov 05, 2017

awesome course materials and presentation!

By Hristo H

Feb 26, 2018

Really enjoyed this class. It gives a nice introduction to probability with engaging examples. It require that you have excel and in the later part you spend sometime solving exercises in Excel.

By Ho W

Feb 24, 2018

Very good introduction to probability with interesting application.

By Mohummud D

Jan 25, 2017

I have been looking for a stats course to unlock further learning. This was it! I found the pace, content style worked for me to allow me to proceed on other courses. Yes, I 'hated' stats when younger and feared it. But I am more comfortable and eager to learn more now and put into practice the extensions I am now able to move on to. Thank you.

By Ernest R

Aug 11, 2017

Clear explanation it catch attention. Congratulations

By George S R

Feb 02, 2018

Very easy to understand the explanations. The examples are also intuitive and easy to follow along.

By Umeshraddi K

Apr 16, 2018

Before this course, I hated probability exactly like Karl mentioned in the beginning of the course. But now it's really fun and interesting to look things from probability perspective. Thanks Karl for the course. Thanks Jose for interesting problems and way to solve them.

I look forward to further courses from Karl, please inform me whenever you are conducting a new course.

By Ashish D S

Sep 24, 2017

I always struggled in solving probability related problems. This course has definitely helped me in understanding my misconceptions in this area. Thank you for good content and examples which made this course fun to learn.

Thank you.

By Gilbert A

May 08, 2018

This course has been very well explained by prof. Karl and easy to follow.

By Vinayak J

Dec 29, 2017

A great way to revise the basic concepts of probability before you dive into advance topics. This course provides an intuition behind each of the important concepts that makes it easy to understand why certain things are done the way they are done. Perfect length for an introductory course. Assignments could have been a little more complex.

By Richard C

Jul 13, 2017

It has been many years since I have seen any of this material and I struggled working through some old textbooks to familiarize myself with the material once again. This class really helped me refresh my memory and I actually believe I have a clearer understanding of the material than I did when I was in college. The professor did an excellent job engaging the viewer and made the material enjoyable and provided relevant examples that made it easier for the student to understand the bigger picture. I hope to see a second course on the same topic offered by this professor in the future!

By Ayman E

Dec 25, 2017

Great course, looking for more from Karl Schmedders

By Irina B

Oct 28, 2017

Great course with interesting examples. Have a lot of motivation to continue learning theory of probability further.

By Learner4Life

Feb 03, 2018

Very nice course. It does what the title says. Excellent instructor. Thank you so much professor

Karl Schmedders, the TA, and the whole Coursera team.

By Krishna C C

Feb 12, 2018

Very good introductory course with relevant real world examples to understand the concepts better without just showing some formulas. Really thankful to Prof. Schmedders and TA Jose for exercises. Note that some quiz questions in Wk-3 (3.2) are not opening in Chrome. Very good and quick intro course!

By Lakshmi N N

Aug 09, 2017

Awesome course and learnt probability. More than the learning, the course kindled the interest to learn probability further. Thanks to Professor Karl and Jose. Looking forward for next course from you. Thank you.

Nov 24, 2017

A really nice course to understand the basics of probability

By Leopold G

Jun 16, 2017

All the concepts and examples are taught very intuitive and accessible. One can also find useful Excel hints for calculating probabilities. Many thanks to the authors of the course!

By Christian F

Apr 30, 2017

an excellent course. Congratulations and thanks to Prof. Schmedders and his team

By Daniel K

May 06, 2017

I found this course very helpful in doing exactly what the title says it is trying to do. The professor is excellent at translating theory into readily grasped concepts. The exercises were well thought out and presented and added value to the course. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

By yijin

Dec 27, 2017

provide intuitive explanations and examples of the most famous cases.

By Seungwan K

Sep 07, 2017

Easy, smart, and funny introduction to probability. Recommend this course to those who feel that probability would be difficult but would like to learn!