Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

151 - 175 of 265 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Raghu T P

Feb 18, 2018

Instructor is simply awesome. The way lecture is delivered with superb examples. Its an excellent course and no one shoudl miss it.

By Anirudha I

Dec 01, 2017

I liked the instruction style and example used. Good refresher !

By Rachit

Jun 17, 2017

By Atulya G

Jun 12, 2017

A wonderful course for beginners in probability. Interesting problem set and exercises, especially the applications of Benford's law.

By vimard v

May 01, 2018

very good course.

By Luisa G

Sep 16, 2017

This is not a math heavy introduction, but will walk you through probability with fun business applications.

By Nick

Jan 14, 2018

Excellent! Excellent and simple. Simply excellent!

By Rafael B

Feb 17, 2018

Really fascinating course very well done. I just loved it!

By Jack S

Feb 09, 2018

I value the real world approach.

By Kaveh

Mar 04, 2018

very interesting way of teaching. Enjoyed the video's a lot.

By matthew s

Apr 10, 2018

I never thought probability could be interesting ! Great stuff.

By Herbert E D

Jun 01, 2017

A thoughtful and engaging course to help one think critically about probability without getting bogged down in too many maths details: really helpful.

By jack s

Jul 30, 2017

Excellent. Very clear instruction with some very interesting real life examples. Course a bit basic for me. Wish there was a follow-up with more advanced material.

By leo

Sep 21, 2017

very usefull to develop intuitive skills about probaIlity, to understand beyond the rules.

By Thomas J H

Mar 19, 2017

Good introduction to key concepts. Wish I had taken this course before I had started other Stat Courses on Coursera.

By Dario B

Aug 25, 2017

I took a probability course almost 20 years ago, and it kinda vanished due lack of usage on my daily job. But as preparation for Data Science career path, I decided to take a refresh about it and found this course. I totally enjoyed it! Even when I may have preferred a little bit of additional theory and samples in Python (I come from CS ;-), I understand that the current format of the course reaches a much wider audience. This is one of those rare cases when abstract theory is smashed to the ground of applications, in a quite amusing way. Über-kudos for the Profr. and TA; they did an astonishing job and I hope they publish more courses in the future.

By Komal S

Jan 28, 2017

Nice course.

By Ahamed M I

Jan 11, 2017

I wish this course never ends.

By Yogesh

Jul 20, 2017

Good course

By Manideep L

Aug 25, 2017

This is a superbly crafted course, as it truly gives an intuitive introduction to probability. You'll get a sense of how important a role this intriguing subject plays in the real world thanks to the inclusion of its applications.

By Marcus S

Aug 20, 2017

One of the best MOOCs I've done. Prof Smedders is just excellent.

By Yoás S R G

Feb 13, 2017

I want to thank and congratulate Prof. Karl, José and all the people involved in the development of the course for this incredible series. The lectures of Karl were outstanding, very clear, direct to the point, with concrete examples to erase any doubts. The exercises with José helped me reinforce the concepts learned with Karl, not to mention the real world applications (the most enjoyable part for me), which also were very interesting and were the main reason the course got me hooked.

To be honest, I had already taken a probability course many years ago but this was definitely better. Now I realize I hadn´t fully understood key concepts until now and I´m sure that in the future I won´t forget them easily.

If anything I would suggest adding another application to the Bayes´ Theorem: Bayesian Networks for Artificial Intelligence.

Thanks again and I really really look forward to take another course on a related subject with you guys.

By Jethro P

Feb 03, 2018

Great course to refresh your memory on probability or for a beginner. Thanks Karl!

By Gaurav K S

Apr 17, 2017

Excellent approach to explaining the theory. The emphasis on getting the fundamentals right was a welcome change from other similar courses which get into problem solving mode too soon without clarifying the basics. That being said the usage of multiple real world problems like Monty Hall, Prosecutor's Dilemma and the brilliant explanation for solutions helped me derive great clarity on key concepts. The best Coursera course I have encountered in a while.

By Georgi S

Dec 09, 2017

I love probabilities now!