Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

176 - 200 of 261 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Anatole J

Dec 04, 2017

Très intéressant et bien conçu.

By Luckson R S

Mar 11, 2018

Thank you, Mr. Karl.

By Limala

May 28, 2017

Thank you for the cool module on probability.

By James A

Nov 25, 2017

A great introduction to the subject, very well taught and with engaging and fun exercises.

By Usha R

Nov 03, 2017

This course is an absolute GEM. I am glad I took it before my CFA preparation. I would highly recommend this course . I thoroughly enjoyed all the real time applications given by the professor!!!

By SARANYA G N

Jun 21, 2018

The course was extremely refreshing and engaging.

By P V S V P

Dec 10, 2017

Excellent course. Very good examples, really makes you want to learn more about probability

By Roee S

Mar 10, 2018

Probability is useful and fun, and i'd like to learn more. Thanks

By Echo

Jul 24, 2017

Mr Karl is passionate and I had a great experience in this class. Thank you very very much.

By Rupak K

Aug 17, 2017

Best course for those who wants to understand the real time implementations of probability.

By Jason L

Jun 17, 2017

Great Course! The real world application examples really help to deepen ones intuitive understand of the concepts presented.

By Harshad

Jun 21, 2017

All concepts are very well explained along with practical applications.

Wish I was taught this way at school.

By Thiago S d S

Dec 08, 2017

An excellent course!

By SRINATH N M

Sep 14, 2017

This course was very well taught. Without using much of Math, the instructor has given a good feel for probability. Would recommend this course to anyone interested in probability.

By I G A A

May 06, 2017

The course is really interesting. I like how Prof. Karl and Jose explained the materials. Thank you for creating the course!

By Fei Y

May 26, 2017

I found so much in probability within this course!

By Ioana D

Feb 21, 2017

Very good introduction to probability, the concepts were really well explained, I wish there was a sequel to this course covering other subjects in statistics. I highly recommend this course for absolute beginners.

By Piyanka D

Apr 18, 2019

The teaching technique of Professor is awesome. Loved to continue this course for his extensive delivery of lectures with easy real life examples. Thank you Sir, love to take part other courses where you will teach in Coursera.

By Sergio R

May 06, 2019

Es un curso diseñado para personas que no tienen mayor conocimiento sobre la teoría de la probabilidad. Si bien este no es mi caso, debido a la claridad y profundidad del profesor, me pareció un curso excelente; especialmente debido a los ejemplos y aplicaciones que utiliza.

By Alexei K

May 06, 2019

The best Probability course ever. I would like to take an advanced Probability course by Karl Schmedders.

By Valeriy K

May 09, 2019

Indeed, this is a very intuitive intro to the topic of probability presented by a great professor. I took this course along with one from the University of London (To p or not to p) which was more advanced. So this course complemented the concepts in a great way. Strongly recommended!

By Hugues T

May 13, 2019

Bonne introduction qui permet d'aborder dans sa globalité les notions de base sur les Proba.

By Antonio L I

Jun 26, 2019

Good teacher and quite enjoyable activities

By Pramey R

Jul 14, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Mr. Karl is a wonderful teacher. I would love to know if there are more advanced versions of this course which I can take up. Thanks again.