Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS
Sep 16, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

FR

I really enjoyed this course. The explanations are clear and, as suggested by the title, the lecturer uses intuition and daily-life examples rather than abstract and formal definitions and notations.

176 - 200 of 424 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By George

Apr 22, 2017

Well narrated, really easy to understand. A hundred percent will recommend to my friends. Thank you Professor!

By vidya b

Sep 10, 2017

wonderful course, covers basic probability and its applications in the most interesting way i have seen ever.

By Mounika K

Jun 30, 2020

Amazing course for a beginner, works as a brush-up course for someone getting started with machine learning.

By Luisa G

Sep 16, 2017

This is not a math heavy introduction, but will walk you through probability with fun business applications.

By Harshad

Jun 21, 2017

All concepts are very well explained along with practical applications.

Wish I was taught this way at school.

By Kazis L

Nov 13, 2019

This is indeed a very good course since it's giving the real fundamentals for the subjects. Thanks a lot!!!

By Yijie X

Jan 26, 2019

Prof Karl is fun. I like this course very much and I wish there will be more advanced course taught by him.

By Sarthak K

Mar 31, 2019

Amazing refresher for important probability concepts with intriguing real world applications and examples!

By Deepak S

Jun 16, 2017

This was a a very interesting course and it helped me appreciate probability even more. Thank you so much.

By Alexei K

May 6, 2019

The best Probability course ever. I would like to take an advanced Probability course by Karl Schmedders.

By bhanu m

Nov 10, 2019

Best introductory course on probability. Gave me confidence to seek advance knowledge in probability.

By Marwan B

Nov 20, 2018

A new way to see the world around you especially in the statistical and probalitily view of the world

By Dat T D

Aug 24, 2020

This course helps me see the real world applications of probabilities and the practical of its uses

By Iván P M

Jul 20, 2019

It's really very intuitive. And it helped me to remember some basic stuff of probability. Thank you.

By Christos G

Jan 22, 2019

A spectacular course to make you start wondering about chances and the way you are taking decisions!

By Marcel M

Jan 8, 2021

Very nice MOOC that helps me refreshing my knowledge and terminology of statistics and probability.

By James H

Jul 7, 2020

The main presenter was very good. Worth reading the course notes as instructed before each lecture.

By George S R

Feb 2, 2018

Very easy to understand the explanations. The examples are also intuitive and easy to follow along.

By Claudia D

Nov 19, 2020

I'm excited about statistics and probability now! Thanks so much Karl for your engaging classes :)

By Hanek M

Jun 4, 2020

Karl is a really great lector, I appreciate his jokes so much! This course leaves me in great awe!

By nishan p

Jan 8, 2018

The best course I have taken on probability. The intuition for every concept was awesome. Thanks.

By Parakh S

Sep 24, 2018

Nice way to get the knowledge of probability. Beginners must try this if they HATE probability.

By Bilonozhko A

Nov 1, 2018

Great course, thanks a lot! Incredible simple and understandable presentation of the material.

By Leonard I S

Jul 5, 2020

Karl Shmedders is a wonderful instructor and loves statistics. His enthusiasm is contagious!

By Ian G A

Dec 14, 2018

Engaging, entertaining, taught as if teaching to students and not mindless drones. Great fun!