Back to Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes by University of Michigan

This UX course provides an introduction to the fields of UX research and design. Learners will gain an understanding of what is involved in UX research, including conducting interviews, evaluating systems, and analyzing systems using principles of good design. Learners will also learn about the work involved in UX Design, including the generation of promising design solutions and the creation of prototypes at multiple levels of fidelity. By interleaving successive phases of UX Research and Design, learners will see how to learn from inevitable mistakes and improve towards a product with a great UX. What you'll learn: - The skills needed for UX research and design
 - How UX researchers discover and assess user needs and assess possible designs
 - How to conduct a micro-usability test
 - How UX designers use sketching and prototyping to develop design concepts - How to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
 - Key features of human behavior and describe their impact on the design of interactive systems
 - Techniques for critiquing and designing interactive systems based on human capabilities and behavior
...

RK
Jul 25, 2020

I really liked completing this course. It has given me a push to start my own design journey. This is a very well planned syllabus and it is from my dream university made it even more special for me.

JG

Very well presented course. I took in alot of information. A little more guidance would have been helpful when completing the projects, but overall I am very pleased with this course and instructor.

51 - 75 of 209 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes

By Francesco G

Mar 9, 2020

Great course, I learned so much and felt really connected to the teacher. What I loved most is that the course combined theory with practice very well.

By Ashley R

Jun 23, 2019

This course was well organized and more informative that I expected for an online course. I will continue taking the courses under this specialization.

By Maegan P

Jun 24, 2020

Great course overall. I would improve the clarity and quality of the instructions for assignments. Would recommend to others as an intro to UX design.

By Janet T

Aug 11, 2020

Great course! Learned so much in just a few weeks! Videos and content materials are well done. Looking forward to the rest of the specialization!

By Chris M

Nov 8, 2020

Great course though im not sure about the peer graded assignments. Seems some people cant be bothered to do it properly or understand how to mark.

By amir r n

May 13, 2020

Very good pace and easy to understand. Taught some good principals.

But it is just that, introduction. Hoping it picks up steam in future courses.

By Raul R

Sep 27, 2020

Awesome course! It leads me to understand more deep the concepts of UX/UI. I hope it can help me to improve my career applying what I learned

By Ahmed S

Apr 23, 2019

This is a good course for anyone interested in user experience. or for any person is already working in UX and want to improve his knowledge.

By Daniel O

Mar 17, 2020

Ever since I took the course, I have always tried to analyze products. The practical assignment in this course has been helpful.

By Joel V B

Jun 9, 2019

An excellent introduction to the discipline. Thorough, fun to learn and focused on concepts and practical experience. Loved it!

By Masha I

Aug 23, 2019

I'm positively surprised with the quality of the course. It covers right amount of theory and have enough practical exercises.

By JUAN P O S

Aug 12, 2020

This was great, I already knew some concepts but the teacher explanation and examples were enough to learn in an efective way

By sylvia

Jan 21, 2019

The lecture is helpful and clear, and I have learnt a lot knowledge of User Experience as well as some great practical tips.

By Hanyu F

Apr 25, 2020

Really like the way the lecturer taught us, very clear and accurate. And I also enjoyed the assignments, very challenging!

By Owen W

Oct 23, 2019

I would recommend this course to anyone interested in getting into UX design. I learned so much more than I was expecting.

By Usha M K

Apr 5, 2020

Very lucid explanations, appropriate examples, and the perfect mentor makes this course stand out. I highly recommend it.

By Joaco O

May 13, 2019

Great course overall. Very clear and easy to understand lectures, with challenging but exiting exercises. Will recommend.

By Lizhen Z

Mar 26, 2019

Great course! Learned a lot regarding UX research and design. Would recommend to anyone who's looking for a way to start.

By Lynn I

Aug 17, 2020

Great course, very comprehensive for an intro level course, with challenging but fair exercises and project submissions.

By Mark B

Very sound introduction, covering all the basics. The instructor and his presentation is professional, easy to follow.

By Lara M B S

Mar 11, 2020

Great course. Instructor is very objective, points are well illustrated, assignments are interesting. Really worth it.

By Amber W

Feb 8, 2019

Very informative and thorough. I finished the course ready to learn more. One of the better online courses I've taken.

By Anastasia S

Aug 4, 2020

Amazing teacher! Recommend this course for everyone who wants to refresh knowledge in UX or build strong base skills!

By Ankur K

Jun 10, 2020

Great course! Lectures are short yet effective. Most of the time you're actually putting your learning into practice!

By Carla F A M

Apr 23, 2020

I liked the course and the practical examples, but I miss evaluation from professionals too, and not only students.