Back to Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things by University System of Georgia

Welcome! You may have heard about the Internet of Things (IoT). But you may also have wondered about what it is. Or for that matter, what does it mean to you or an organization. This course is for you if you are curious about the most recent trends and activities in the internet capabilities and concerns about programmed devices. There are complexities and areas of necessary awareness when the industrial sector becomes connected to your home. Security policies and practices have not yet caught up to the internet capabilities of some of our most common products. The “connected home”, “consumer wearables”, or even an employee’s HVAC system may cause an unanticipated threat to your business environment. You will explore current security and privacy related concerns in each of these areas. Every module will include readings, videos, case studies, and a quiz to help make sure you understand the material and concepts we talk about. This course offers a place to learn, reflect, and plan for a smart community approach to IoT. Portions of this course may seem extremely technical in nature. That is because the “things” in IoT represents engineering. Try to grasp the concept in that case....

PK

Jan 23, 2017

This module gave me basic understanding on the IoT concepts and the relative security issues associated. It gave me confidence in the field and steps to learning more about this topic.

KR

May 06, 2020

The course provided me with lot of new information about where IoT devices are going to bring changes in our daily to life and how it is important to secure these valuable datas.

26 - 50 of 382 Reviews for Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things

By yilun y

Feb 09, 2017

A very clear break down on the state of arts on IoTs. I wanted to polish my knowledge on IoT. this course gave me a very clear idea and brought my attention on how lacking security is in the current state of affairs. At least the magnitude is astonishing.

I especially enjoyed the read on "regulating IoT" law paper. I know we are to cover only a few pages, but the rest of the paper is just as interesting. =)

thank you!

By Neha G

Jun 21, 2020

The course was really interesting to learn and it is very helpful to students which gives them the clear picture about the Iot gadgets and its real time applications. The videos,survey,theory and blogs in the course were very educative. I would recommend students to choose Internet of things and Cyber security as the area of interest.

By Mike R

Dec 03, 2019

This course actually works unlike Cybersecurity and the X-Factor which doesn't allow any of free audit level users to submit any of the written assignments. Additionally I passed the first quiz the first time just like this course but screw the University System of Georgia.

By Gaurav S S

The introduction to the Internet of Things was really helpful for me since it is for beginners, so it did help me strengthen my base in this topic. It was fun doing this course. The interested student are join the course you are definitely benefit in your future.

Thank you.

By Swaliyabegum B m

May 08, 2020

This course is very helpful specially to understanding IOT

IOT data is unique in that its only really valuable to us if its actionable ,and that percentage of the massive and totally new streams of data coming in will be a bit easier to manage

By Mustafa T

Jul 16, 2020

This course is very useful and easily understood by the instructor. In this lesson I have learned about the smart home technology that could used our daily life and moreover, I knew more technology that would be very beneficial for me.

By SAMRUDDHI B D

Jun 30, 2020

I learned many new things and more knowledgeable about IoT. This course has taught me awareness of this knowledge. I am happy that I completed this course and received the certificate. Thanks to all my instructors who taught me.

By Oindrilla K J

May 22, 2020

the content in this particular topic is very easy to understand .there are standards in eveyy topic .As the demand for cyber security and internet of things increasing rapidly this is the correct platform to learn this

By Syam S S

Nov 10, 2016

Excellent Course to have completed.Lot's of Learning,understanding of IOT,Futuristic models of technology being discussed.Different industries examples discussed has made the course interesting.

Worth taking !!

By Naraliyev

Jul 20, 2020

The course on the security of the Internet of Things gave a basic understanding of the upcoming issues of ensuring the security of devices, during their software development and communication.

By Dr V C S

May 06, 2020

Learned about the connectivity between Cybersecurity and IoT in an elaborate way. I hope that this course would help me to develop a IoT based project in the future.

By Sherifa O

May 05, 2020

very useful course put me in the right position to complete in this field ,earn big skills , know and learn about all applications , really big thanks to coursera .

By Sirimalla S

May 16, 2020

This course is fulli ntresetd ,as a student of ece this course is much important to me.i gain so much of knowledge from this course about iot and cybersecurity

By Shree V R

May 13, 2020

Learned the basics as how IoT will be helping the future and establishing itself to have a bigger impact on the society. Looking forward to learn more on IoT.

By Mriganka S S

Jul 27, 2020

It's one of the best course if you want to know about Cyber-security and Internet of Things(IoT). Thanks to CourseEra and the teachers. 5 stars from my side.

By Wellington V

Sep 03, 2016

It is always a good to experience the excellence of the delivery in this course. Great materials with real life experts experience and analysis. Thumbs up.

By Aditya S

Jul 09, 2020

Great course comprised of helpful lectures, notes & learning material. Also the best part about the course is projects based on peer reviews. Good luck!

By GOPIKA S

Jul 25, 2020

The course was very helpful .I got an idea about how IoT works in different fields and privacy security within it. Thankyou for you have such a course

By Uzair S

Feb 27, 2017

Really liked the course, the material was very informative and easy to grasp. Thanks to all the Professors who have designed and created this course !

By MANCHINELLA K B

Jul 21, 2020

THIS COURSE GAVE THE LOT OF INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNET OF THINGS AND CYBERSECURITY,SIMPLY PERFECT COURSE TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE ABOUT INTERNET OF THINGS.

By Madhan V S

Pretty good ! Learned a lot about IoT in various industrial fields . But the reading contents are pretty long that the issue, otherwise its awesome.

By P.Soumya s

Its really a good reading and learning course. the course is designed perfectly making all enrolled to compulsorily learn the concepts

By Juan D A P

Jul 12, 2020

The course has been really interesting and useful, I've learned a lot of things and this knowledge will be important for my studies.

By Tangellamudi N S

May 07, 2020

It is really helpful to learn to the beginners what is IOT and how it is used in our everyday life's.

A very useful course to learn.

By Jay S

This course helped to learn all the basic technology and fundamentals related to IoT and also the how important Cybersecurity is.