Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. We’ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options. Finally, we’ll go through a case study, where we examine the security model of Chrome OS. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team. At the end of this course, you’ll understand: ● how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations. ● various authentication systems and types. ● the difference between authentication and authorization. ● how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk. ● best practices for securing a network. ● how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves....

DS

Apr 26, 2018

DS

Aug 17, 2018

This course was insane, all the possibilities, the potential for growth, and the different ways to help protect against cyber attacks. It was truly an eye-opening lesson in security. Thank you.

51 - 75 of 904 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By derek s

Apr 26, 2018

By Darren S

Aug 17, 2018

By Mauricio R R

Jan 14, 2020

It is vital to know how to protect our IT infrastructures from the digital dark arts. This course gives a valuable and overall introduction to preparing us to understand the many ways our systems and networks are exposed and how we can mitigate and prevent those risks using sound protocols, technologies, and behaviors.

By Dionmy A C D

Apr 14, 2019

Gracias a este curso, he conseguido nuevas herramientas y abilidades que antes no tenía y he afianzado las que ya tenia. Me ha hecho más conciente sobre la prevención en Internet, pero, a la vez, muy desconfiada, especialmente sobre descargar apps de otra organización. (Sólo descargo apps que pertenezcan a Google).

By Constantine K

Aug 03, 2018

A Big thanks to all instructors for what I've learned all those months and will continue this learning journey, because that is what makes successful as a whole. As the Greek philosopher Solon said: "Γηράσκω δ' αεί πολλά διδασκόμενος", which in a way means, even though I'm getting older, I am always learning a lot

By Nishant K G

May 08, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about Computers, but after completing this course I feel like I know about IT Security now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about Computers, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on IT Security.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Noel W J

Dec 14, 2019

The course has given me an in-site on how to understand security threats, Cryptology, AAA Security, Securing your Network, Defense in Depth, and Creating a company culture for your company. The information is just simply invaluable and i will use this to advance my career in the IT Professional world. Thank you.

By Cecelia R M

Jun 29, 2019

It was an excellent course! I definitely learned a lot from it. My perspective regarding security has changed a great deal from it. Even if you don't take this course for the certification, I would definitely recommend it for learning how to protect yourself and your devices on the internet and from attackers.

By Marius K

Jun 26, 2018

This course is a very good one. My only concern is that it is less practical. We need some practical experience. If you cna include at least one software to exercise this new tool, it will be great. Too many new terms are digested here without any practical take away. Please take in consideration this.

By Jonathan T

Dec 02, 2019

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AS FAR AS A DIVING IN COURSE FOR NEWTWORK SECURITY. I USED TO THINK I HAD SOME SOFT OF IDEA BEHIND WHAT IT TAKES TO SECURE A SYSTEM, OH MY GOD I WAS SO WRONG THERES SO MUCH GOING ON OUT THERE AND YOU GUYS SEEM TO COVER ALOT OF IT IN THE COURSE SO. IM HERE

By Ian S

Aug 06, 2018

My favorite course in the series. The other day, I was made aware of a major security breach in a top 10 social media news source. I UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING IN THEIR POST-MORTEM! In my opinion, this was the course that really pushed me for the first time in the series. Give me more Google!

By Tyvon Z

Oct 04, 2019

Although I've already taken and passed the CompTia Security + exam this was an amazing course, it's a great refresher for those looking to recap on previous knowledge or anyone looking to get their feet wet. I'm looking forward to more courses by Grow with Google in the future.

By Joshua L K

Dec 03, 2019

Excellent course to develop a breadth of knowledge. I had some basic coding experience coming in, and this course definitely opened up some interesting paths to explore. I feel comfortable after going through the material a couple of times, to take on an entry level IT role.

By John D

May 15, 2019

I absolutely loved this course. The background of malicious processes that were then paired with specific security protocols and best practices was very well rounded and useful going forward. The final project was both overwhelming and absolutely rewarding in the end.

By Valentina G

This was my favorite course of all of the Google Support IT, and it really helped me to hone my previous skills in InfoSec. It was really easy to digest the information the instructor gave. I would recommend this course to anyone interesed in learning about Security.

By John L M

Oct 22, 2019

It's an awesome course I am sure compliments the CompTIA A+ certification. As I said to someone else, A+ may provide more of the hardware aspect of it, while Google ITPro provides the software aspect of the same area of technology. Two sides of the same coin!

By Abraham I

Feb 28, 2020

Awesome program and subject matter! I was constantly engaged and each section sparked a new level of curiosity in my search to become a more well rounded IT professional. I would highly recommend these courses to anyone interested in a career in technology!

By Mohammed P A

Oct 14, 2019

This was a great course.

The final project "sample" was a final wrapup awesome education in itself. Wonderful. Thanks.

I have surely come a long way from my rudimentary understanding to this full scale latest knowledge from the industry's leading "LEADER"

By Leanne S

Mar 31, 2019

I did enjoy learning the intricacies of IT security. There are other faucets of IT that i think I would better excel at, but this did help me understand what goes into a IT Security Team and what I need to do as a user to help future Security Personal.

By Nassim N E

TBH one of the top courses I've seen about infosec, and a very well explained course about complex topics. It also feels both very up to date and accessible. Thank you again to Google for the impressive job and quality content and accessible education!

By Sujith K

May 03, 2020

This is one of the best course one can go through, this course provides all the necessary knowledge required for a person who wants to explore this field and the best part is that it always keeps you engaging and also the lab work is the best part too.

By Sébastien L

Jan 13, 2019

Superb instructor! The course was interesting from the first video up to the last assignment. I personally deplore the fact that your grades basically depend on the competence of the peers that are evaluating you, but that's a story for another time.

By Samiur R

May 18, 2018

One of the most interesting as well as important course in this program. This course gives a clear idea about IT Security and Defense from today's perspective. I would recommend to do this course and go through all the materials. I enjoyed all of it.

By Destiny Y

Nov 17, 2019

As some with interest in Cybersecurity and Network Forensics, this course has really expanded my knowledge in some of IT security as it regards an enterprise IT environment. The instructors sounded grounded in each domain of the course they handled.

By Lance A

Apr 03, 2019

Very dense material. Covered a ton in this course, really liked how the consultation at the end tied everything together, the clear requirements made me review specifics so that I could make the proper recommendations! Overall, an empowering course.