Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. We’ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options. Finally, we’ll go through a case study, where we examine the security model of Chrome OS. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team. At the end of this course, you’ll understand: ● how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations. ● various authentication systems and types. ● the difference between authentication and authorization. ● how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk. ● best practices for securing a network. ● how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves....

DS

Apr 26, 2018

DS

Aug 17, 2018

This course was insane, all the possibilities, the potential for growth, and the different ways to help protect against cyber attacks. It was truly an eye-opening lesson in security. Thank you.

76 - 100 of 897 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provides the foundation of IT Security, a history of the security environment, and hands on experience implementing security solutions. I can now protect my own network and go into consulting for other businesses. Thanks Google!

By Eric L

Dec 09, 2019

It is a good course. However should the course allow "auditing" learner to participate to the final practices or exercises, it would be better. Of course "auditing" learner should not receive the cert even above suggestion is allowed.

By anthony j

Sep 07, 2019

This course is quite helpful and insightful. It explained basically everything that ran in the background like bank pins, most aspects of cashing a check, the hurdles you face when buying online, and even everyday life security. Thanks.

By Eva N O

Apr 26, 2019

I'm already enjoying the learning process with this instructor. He is thorough and explains concepts thoroughly albeit fast. I'm understanding security concepts that I only memorized to pass CompTIA's Network +. I'll go continue.

By Frank L E

May 29, 2019

I guess this course belongs to the top list of 'most complicated' course in this 5 course program. Thanks to everyone in Google and Goodwill for giving us this great opportunity to learn and acquire this perfect certification.

By Olukayode A

Apr 28, 2020

This is a very important part of the course and they left their best instructor for last. Don't get me wrong the other instructors are good too but considering the complexity of the subject matter, I think he handled it well.

By Ty'Shad S

Nov 29, 2018

This Course Was Very Interesting And Resourceful. I Learned A Tremendous Amount Of Information. This Program Was Something I Needed. I Plan To Continue Learning And Using The Information Gained In All Of My Future Endeavors.

By Sacha Z

May 09, 2020

Also this course goes into auch a level of details that you really learn a lot and it is great value for your time and money. Many things I did not know before. I think I have now a much better understanding of IT security.

By Sameer J

Jul 08, 2018

Deeply comprehensive & informative course, and it covers most aspects required for a cyber security job. Though just knowing these aspects is not enough, but this is definitely a good course for showing the right direction.

By Mahiyar

Apr 25, 2018

Good course for beginners, quite intense at times considering the topic matter one has to soak in and practice. Could be better with more labs and real life case studies about cyber security incidents and handling them.

By Amitha A N

I knew encryption and firewalls are to protect the systems, but the depth of knowledge i gained is inexplicable. The course makes you understand the basics of every component and methodology. It was a great experience

By Erin B

Apr 14, 2019

An excellent series of lessons on the history, present, and future state of technology security. I appreciated the insight as to where security is headed. This is a vital beginner's course for any IT professional.

By ANUBHAV M

Jan 11, 2019

One of the most useful and informative course i have come across so far. Really enjoyed learning from great instructors from Google and would love to learn from them in any such courses. Simplicity at its best

By Eugene J

Dec 14, 2019

I liked this course very much and I learned a lifetime worth of things where security is concerned. This course should be part of a training requirement before actually hitting the floor of your new position.

By Timothy A Y

Aug 02, 2018

Excellent course. There is a great deal on content in this class. The final project was a great summative testing tool. The final project process solidified the information for me. Great learning experience!

By Matthew R D

Feb 13, 2018

Difficult content with a good teacher. Some moments were hard to parse (albeit comprehensive), although Gian's reassurance that the high-level overview mattered more than the individual steps was heartening.

By Michael S

Oct 01, 2018

Awesome. I'm a laid back slacker dude IT guy who's politically on the other side of this area WHICH IS WHY I benefited from the course. Will certainly be hardening one or two networks this year as a result.

By Rama K R

Apr 10, 2020

This Course is Pretty good!!! It makes us walk through all the key concepts of Security, right from the critical infrastructures to the end-users. Excellent stuff from Google. Thanks to the instructor!!!

By Gaddis, D

Jul 12, 2019

This was an awesome course, I learned so much more about how to protect all of the devices and networks that I will be utilizing. The Google team was very professional with all of the material presented.

By Mike M

Jun 18, 2018

I enjoyed this course. The instructor was funny and the material was new to me. If you don't know anything about security, I feel that this course at least familiarizes you with the concepts and terms.

By Nathan B

Aug 22, 2018

Good course! A lab using some of the tools like Nessus, OpenVAS or Qualys, and a lab demonstrating

penetration testing or vulnerability scanning could help learners better visualize these processes.

By Jovana Ć

Mar 23, 2020

Content is good, but unfortunately I am not able to finish my tasks in LABS, since many links are broken, thus I cannot finish and get the certificate finally. It really prolongs my job search.

By Luz S D A

Sep 28, 2019

Fue muy interesante eme encanto, pude aprender muchas cosas que no sabia y todo esto va ser muy util para todos los trabajos que encuentre de ahora en adelante, gracias cousera. Gracias Google

By Arbind L M

Nov 25, 2019

It's very nice even the teacher is very pleasant the way of representing things is just mind-blowing i am too happy to learn with it. I feel I am too lucky to have such a teacher!! Hats off!!

By John O

Jun 05, 2019

Make you relies that we may lock are car and house but we really don'y think how an intrude can take control of our lives but gaining access through poor security at our home and work spaces