Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. We’ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options. Finally, we’ll go through a case study, where we examine the security model of Chrome OS. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team. At the end of this course, you’ll understand: ● how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations. ● various authentication systems and types. ● the difference between authentication and authorization. ● how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk. ● best practices for securing a network. ● how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves....

DS

Apr 26, 2018

DS

Aug 17, 2018

This course was insane, all the possibilities, the potential for growth, and the different ways to help protect against cyber attacks. It was truly an eye-opening lesson in security. Thank you.

126 - 150 of 904 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By Robert S C

Jan 28, 2020

Really great. The course filled in many blank spots in my knowledge and experience. It gave me new perspectives both on tech support and dealing with IT threats.

By Kristian B

Jul 13, 2019

Great course! I really think Google and Coursera are a great partnership and I highly recommend this course for those starting out on their Cyber Security journey!

By Muhammad A

Feb 17, 2019

Great Experience.!

Must enroll yourself, if you really interested and want to learn and explore new things and want to dive deeper in the field of Network Security.

By Candace G

Apr 24, 2020

This course was awesome and I learned a lot about hardening a computer, network, and mobile device. I also learned what to look for when dealing with bad actors.

By Ian I

Jul 01, 2018

This course will provide with security practices to harden organizations as System Admin and of course educates you on how to protect your on personal devices.

By Joseph G W

Mar 12, 2020

Brilliant course, I enjoyed every second of it. Wasn't sure on how in depth it would be but this course really does give you job related skills needed for IT.

By salman, k

Awesome Course. Loved every bit of it. Loved the aspect of designing a comprehensive document for a fictitious organization from many aspects of IT Security.

By Alfred A

Dec 08, 2019

Awesome course learned a lot that I can use on my home network and Linux virtual machine, plus I have an Active Directory instance to get more familiar with.

By Iuliia A

Aug 13, 2019

Thank you so much for this course! Step by step I learned a lot of valuable information about IT security. My future goal continue education in this field.

By Jaxon M

Aug 01, 2018

In my opinion, the most enjoyable of the courses. Getting into security was extremely interesting, and the instruction for most the lessons is fairly good.

By Levi A G

Jun 21, 2018

I enjoyed the course and the lessons provided by Instructor Gian Spicuzza. Thank you for all the effort you have put in to making these courses available!

By TANGWING P M

Sep 11, 2019

It was a wonderful learning experience. everything seemed real to e as we encounter them with our devices and hear about such security issues everyday.

By ISHAN R J

Jul 26, 2019

It is an amazing course in itself. It provides the fundamental base on IT Security and how should we start talking in and for security. Thanks Google.

By Paul H J

May 06, 2018

Great all around course for IT Security.

The instructor did an amazing job and I would highly recommend this course to anyone that works on a computer.

By Raynard L

Dec 21, 2018

A very insightful class. I learned the basic ins and outs of the dark digital world. I would recommend to a novice whose trying to get started in IT.

By David C

I love this class, challenging, but the way they explain everything makes it easy to understand! Keep practicing afterward and continue the journey!

By Michael P

Jul 24, 2018

Really enjoyed this course and the learning process. Thank you for offering this course series. Worth the money and it's been a lot of fun learning.

By Steven C

Sep 30, 2019

I learned a great deal about IT security during this course. I had no idea how complex the framework of IT really was prior to taking this course.

By Christian R

Mar 06, 2019

Valuable information on every aspect of IT security. I wish the course could make a practice lab in a windows environment and not only on Ubuntu.

By MOHAMMADREZA P

Apr 24, 2020

It is really useful course that all IT support need to get it. you can learn many things about security. I definitely recommend it to all of you.

By Steven B

Oct 29, 2018

Gives you a good set of information and ideas about IT security. The host was good and the material was good, it was a very good course overall.

By Jonathan C

Jul 08, 2019

Best course out of all of them! This guy actually doesn't sound like he is reading off of a teleprompter and he knows what hes talking about!!

By addison m a

Oct 03, 2018

A must for anyone starting out in IT for basic understanding of the IT world around us. The skills and knowledge you learn here are invaluable

By Gabriel G

Aug 31, 2018

Material was well explained and easy to understand. Those who push themselves and manage their time may finish this course in the first week.

By Brian J

Jul 09, 2018

This course was so much fun while i was learning so much. I loved that every week there was something always funny i would catch and laugh at.