Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

DS
Apr 25, 2018

DG
Dec 4, 2020

An absolutely engaging and challenging feat that I am so proud to have completed. I hope this opens new door and better job opportunities so that I can better enhance my future. Thank you Google :)

151 - 175 of 2,298 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provides the foundation of IT Security, a history of the security environment, and hands on experience implementing security solutions. I can now protect my own network and go into consulting for other businesses. Thanks Google!

By Jerry J W

Nov 27, 2020

Given how everyone around earth is very dependent on the internet, it will be a good course to understand the concepts about the necessity of protecting your personal information and your employer's sensitive information on your computer.

By Eric L

Dec 9, 2019

It is a good course. However should the course allow "auditing" learner to participate to the final practices or exercises, it would be better. Of course "auditing" learner should not receive the cert even above suggestion is allowed.

By anthony j

Sep 7, 2019

This course is quite helpful and insightful. It explained basically everything that ran in the background like bank pins, most aspects of cashing a check, the hurdles you face when buying online, and even everyday life security. Thanks.

By Jaime A C S

Nov 22, 2020

I am very shocked and excited by the large number of topics that are covered and by the change of mind and awareness that I have acquired with this course. It has been a huge learning and with the best videos I have seen on Coursera.

By A g i n

Apr 26, 2019

I'm already enjoying the learning process with this instructor. He is thorough and explains concepts thoroughly albeit fast. I'm understanding security concepts that I only memorized to pass CompTIA's Network +. I'll go continue.

By Rhenado S B

Aug 22, 2020

This course takes into account both network security and host security . It incorporate real world scenarios which will help in my growth and development of being active rather than proactive where computer security is concern

By Frank L E

May 29, 2019

I guess this course belongs to the top list of 'most complicated' course in this 5 course program. Thanks to everyone in Google and Goodwill for giving us this great opportunity to learn and acquire this perfect certification.

By Ahmed M

Feb 20, 2021

The course is an opener to the challenges that are out there facing our day to day activities. I have personally learned much to get me prepared to tackle security from my end. Thank you very much for the opportunity offered.

By Olukayode A

Apr 28, 2020

This is a very important part of the course and they left their best instructor for last. Don't get me wrong the other instructors are good too but considering the complexity of the subject matter, I think he handled it well.

By Ty'Shad S

Nov 28, 2018

This Course Was Very Interesting And Resourceful. I Learned A Tremendous Amount Of Information. This Program Was Something I Needed. I Plan To Continue Learning And Using The Information Gained In All Of My Future Endeavors.

By Sacha Z

May 9, 2020

Also this course goes into auch a level of details that you really learn a lot and it is great value for your time and money. Many things I did not know before. I think I have now a much better understanding of IT security.

By Sameer J

Jul 8, 2018

Deeply comprehensive & informative course, and it covers most aspects required for a cyber security job. Though just knowing these aspects is not enough, but this is definitely a good course for showing the right direction.

By Yasith S

Jul 23, 2020

Really informative and interesting course. The lecturer was super clear about the concepts and explained them way that even a beginner can understand. Highly recommend for the people who have an interest in cyber security.

By Mahiyar

Apr 25, 2018

Good course for beginners, quite intense at times considering the topic matter one has to soak in and practice. Could be better with more labs and real life case studies about cyber security incidents and handling them.

By Amitha A N

I knew encryption and firewalls are to protect the systems, but the depth of knowledge i gained is inexplicable. The course makes you understand the basics of every component and methodology. It was a great experience

By Harland M

Sep 4, 2020

it was challenging but I enjoy learning new things so that I can grow as an individual and help others with their own tech problems. Thank you for supplying me with a cheap alterative to further myself in this world.

By Claudio F S

Oct 31, 2020

Amazing! It was a journey where I learned a lot; I thank all the teachers and colleagues for sharing their knowledge during the months I took this course. Thank you very much, and that God bless all of you!

See you!

By Dingane M

Jun 3, 2020

This was great lesson that I needed. I've always wanted to learn something to do with security. Now, I've completed the course, thank you Coursera and Google for making it possible for me to go further in my career.

By Lemgo L

Sep 22, 2020

This program doesn't require any prior knowledge it only requires your dedication and personal commitment and at the end, you stand to gain more. very satisfied with this course thumbs up Google thumbs up coursera.

By Erin B

Apr 13, 2019

An excellent series of lessons on the history, present, and future state of technology security. I appreciated the insight as to where security is headed. This is a vital beginner's course for any IT professional.

By Asiri R S W

Oct 21, 2020

Excellent course!!!! Learned a looooootttt!!! All the tutors are great!!!! They are very knowledgeable and fun!!! This is simply an awesome course for any beginner. Thank you Google!! and Thank you Coursera!!!!!!

By Pasan G

Aug 30, 2021

It was a nicely created course and I learned a lot about IT security by completing it. Instructor is super knowledgeable and has a clear voice so that we can understand even advanced concepts without a trouble.

By Kushan S

Sep 9, 2020

Excellent course, packed with a plethora of fundamental IT concepts. An easy recommend for those looking to grasp the fundamentals and build a foundational knowledge upon which to grow and expand their career.

By Jocgelis G R

Jun 25, 2020

very impress with the way the course is designed. I will add more mini quizzes in the video just to grasp the material a bit better. specially when you are been bomb with so much information. but it was good.