Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

This course covers a wide variety of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. We’ll give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. Then, we’ll dive into the three As of information security: authentication, authorization, and accounting. We’ll also cover network security solutions, ranging from firewalls to Wifi encryption options. Finally, we’ll go through a case study, where we examine the security model of Chrome OS. The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team. At the end of this course, you’ll understand: ● how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations. ● various authentication systems and types. ● the difference between authentication and authorization. ● how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk. ● best practices for securing a network. ● how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves....

DS

Apr 26, 2018

DS

Aug 17, 2018

This course was insane, all the possibilities, the potential for growth, and the different ways to help protect against cyber attacks. It was truly an eye-opening lesson in security. Thank you.

176 - 200 of 941 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By Greg J

Jun 25, 2019

A great final project, forced students to think and plan an overall all encompassing review of information from the course content.

By Emmanuel M M

Mar 03, 2019

This is best course and i enjoyed myself, great skills that i acquired in IT SEcurity that will definitely benefit me in my career.

By William S

Sep 23, 2018

Great for getting a grasp of IT security, and the importance of knowing that we humans are the weakest link in the security chain.

By Santos R G

Jan 10, 2020

I found this the most interesting part of the total IT Support Training, I enjoined it very much , and want to study more into it

By Maiquel A G R

Jan 01, 2020

I learn so much with this course and it's so deep in all security subjects that makes me learn a lot. Thank you very much google.

By Adam K

Nov 03, 2019

This was a great course that covered many important topics. The instructors were clear and the knowledge gained was substantial.

By Rebecca G

Aug 21, 2019

This was definitely a great course to learn about different threats and the steps you can take to protect yourself and your data!

By Noor H

May 02, 2019

Course 5, Week 5 course was for Network Traffic Monitoring, very interested. I interested to more learn about traffic monitoring.

By Aaron H

Jul 17, 2018

Great course with exceptional content! A must for anyone who want to get into IT and learn IT Security basics and best practices!

By Kaushal S

Jul 29, 2019

Excellent course for beginners and experienced professionals! Perfectly paced with all the intricate details. Thank you Google!

By Jorge A R F

Dec 06, 2018

Incredible set of knowledge, well explained from easy to really hard, learned more organization to get through the last course.

By Erik A

Mar 25, 2019

This course was very informative. In this course I needed to study other resources more than any other course in the series.

By ASHFAQ A M K

Jan 20, 2019

This course gives us very informative data , Good explanations and videos, Effective presentation and supplemental readings.

By Enrique C G J

Jun 12, 2019

Some concepts were a little harder to follow. I'm glad I was able to rewatch those that I felt I needed more clarification.

By 刘俊

May 28, 2019

A comprehensive introduction to security and some best practices to secure a better world for digital information exchange.

By Roberto J C

May 09, 2020

Excelente curso explica bastante fundamentos de la seguridad informática así como muchos aspectos en las organizaciones IT

By Yihun T

Apr 06, 2019

very good beginner's course! Loved it. I look forward to continue the level above this one. Thanks for the great lectures.

By Tanner B

Apr 13, 2019

Overall, their are an abundance of new terms that I learned. This was a challenge, but in the end, It was well worth it.

By Muhammad R

Mar 11, 2018

Wonderful Course for getting in to world of Security. The presentations, test and assignments are done very effectively.

By Davide C

Very interesting course that addresses many important topics on Security, practical examples and quizzes of good level.

By Victor D

Mar 01, 2020

It is good course for someone new to the IT Support field, and good refresher for someone who is working in the field.

By Adnan G

Apr 11, 2020

A proper compiled course to know how to secure an organization's networks with the latest technologies and protocols.

By Rickey J R

Apr 06, 2020

This was a very informative course. I would recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn about security insures.

By Prince J Y

Nov 11, 2019

It really helps me a lot and i'm gonna work hard and prove what i have learned here useful.

Thanks Google and Coursera

By JT R

May 08, 2020

Detailed and concise. Would recommend more definition quizes then the ones they have which would help in retention.