Back to Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data by Duke University

Build on the software engineering skills you learned in “Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software” by learning new data structures. Use these data structures to build more complex programs that use Java’s object-oriented features. At the end of the course you will write an encryption program and a program to break your encryption algorithm. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Read and write data from/to files; 2. Solve problems involving data files; 3. Perform quantitative analyses of data (e.g., finding maximums, minimums, averages); 4. Store and manipulate data in an array or ArrayList; 5. Combine multiple classes to solve larger problems; 6. Use iterables and collections (including maps) in Java....

GB

Mar 30, 2017

Good and practical training approach to solve real worlds problems. Assignments and quizzes are quite challenging and interesting. Greatly motivates us towards programming and problem solving skills.

LB

Jan 10, 2020

Actually, before I start this course I had not a good idea about OOP concept such as constructors, HashMap.now I have fair confidence about that. thank you duke university making such an arrangement.

101 - 125 of 352 Reviews for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

By kushagra A

Jan 09, 2019

Very intuitive course, Projects teach you how apply your knowledge and think through the program.

By Lawrence O

Jun 04, 2017

I had a great learning experience. Good for Java Beginners and Intermediate Learners. I loved it

By Anurag K

Apr 20, 2020

Amazing Course on Java with a close to real life, practical example, that one has to implement.

By tingting h

Feb 10, 2019

I love this course. I really learned a lot from this course. Thank you those awesome teachers.

By Sasa J

Nov 30, 2015

I had a good time and learned on how to use arrays and hasmaps for storing and searching data.

By Chen C

Jul 08, 2020

I have learned more skills in encryption algorithm..Thank you..This course is really useful!!

By carlos v

Dec 12, 2016

Great learning opportunity! I learned a great deal and took my Java skills to the next level.

By Tin D

Jun 01, 2020

Excellent problem designs. I have learned a lot by solving interesting cryptography problems

By Tanvir M

Jan 17, 2019

This course is build in step by step which is very easy for me to understood as a beginner.

By Mohamed M E

Nov 08, 2016

Great Course! Great Staff! Great Site! I love Coursera! I love Duke University! Thanks guys!

By Ivan T

Mar 26, 2018

Very good and complete course. A lot of exercises. You really need spend some time doing.

By Reda R

Jul 23, 2018

it is an excellent course, with very good explanation, and very interesting exercises.

By Angel R

Aug 18, 2019

great course for beginners you want to become continue their skills as a programmer.

By Alfredo M M

Jul 27, 2019

Excellent course for learning algorithms design applying an object oriented approach

By Manju A

Oct 01, 2019

started with easy concepts and become challenging and thought provoking at the end!

By Tanmay G

Jun 08, 2019

Amazing Content. Lot of hard work has been put into creating it by the intructors!

By Savio T

Jul 09, 2017

With this course I was able to immediately implement the lesson learnt at my work.

By Gastón M

Jul 16, 2018

Great course! It gets progressively more difficult as it goes by. Glad I took it!

By Xu Y

Jan 22, 2017

heavy workloads!! Really do teach you how to code and remember to keep practicing

By Richard W

Jan 20, 2016

Great course and great professors. Very interesting knowledge base to learn from.

By Zhao Y

Apr 10, 2020

This course is fantastic! With several fun project, learning becomes motivative.

By Aaron Q

Aug 23, 2017

Really well thought out and delivered course material. An exciting topic.

By SMRUTI R D

Feb 15, 2016

An excellent course to learn nuanses of different data structures in java.

By Victor

Apr 26, 2020

very good course that help me review what i have learned in university.

By 彭升晟

Aug 22, 2017

It is really an amazing class for students who are interested in JAVA