Back to Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data by Duke University

Build on the software engineering skills you learned in “Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software” by learning new data structures. Use these data structures to build more complex programs that use Java’s object-oriented features. At the end of the course you will write an encryption program and a program to break your encryption algorithm. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Read and write data from/to files; 2. Solve problems involving data files; 3. Perform quantitative analyses of data (e.g., finding maximums, minimums, averages); 4. Store and manipulate data in an array or ArrayList; 5. Combine multiple classes to solve larger problems; 6. Use iterables and collections (including maps) in Java....

LB
Jan 9, 2020

Actually, before I start this course I had not a good idea about OOP concept such as constructors, HashMap.now I have fair confidence about that. thank you duke university making such an arrangement.

GB
Mar 29, 2017

Good and practical training approach to solve real worlds problems. Assignments and quizzes are quite challenging and interesting. Greatly motivates us towards programming and problem solving skills.

126 - 150 of 459 Reviews for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

By Adithya N

Jul 31, 2019

Comprehensive. Loved the programming assignments. They are a bit tedious but give you enough practice.

By Manish K

Aug 10, 2020

Nice course !! The assignments help me a lot in learning new concepts deeply.

Thanks to instructors :)

By Sujay P

Jun 24, 2017

Very interesting course, a bit too fast paced towards the end, it is no more a beginner level course.

By Oleksandr B

Jan 31, 2016

This course was very helpful for me.

Thanks authors of this course.

Best regards, Alex

Kyiv, Ukraine

2016

By Srijan K

Mar 2, 2020

This course will teach you about how data structure can be used to solve real world based problems.

By kushagra A

Jan 9, 2019

Very intuitive course, Projects teach you how apply your knowledge and think through the program.

By Lawrence O

Jun 4, 2017

I had a great learning experience. Good for Java Beginners and Intermediate Learners. I loved it

By Anurag K

Apr 20, 2020

Amazing Course on Java with a close to real life, practical example, that one has to implement.

By Juan D B

Apr 20, 2021

Just everything great (videos, timming, material to get going) and really interesting and fun!

By tingting h

Feb 10, 2019

I love this course. I really learned a lot from this course. Thank you those awesome teachers.

By Sasa J

Nov 30, 2015

I had a good time and learned on how to use arrays and hasmaps for storing and searching data.

By Chang-Tai C

Jul 8, 2020

I have learned more skills in encryption algorithm..Thank you..This course is really useful!!

By carlos v

Dec 12, 2016

Great learning opportunity! I learned a great deal and took my Java skills to the next level.

By TIN D

Jun 1, 2020

Excellent problem designs. I have learned a lot by solving interesting cryptography problems

By Tanvir M

Jan 17, 2019

This course is build in step by step which is very easy for me to understood as a beginner.

By Mohamed M E

Nov 8, 2016

Great Course! Great Staff! Great Site! I love Coursera! I love Duke University! Thanks guys!

By Randall A D

Aug 13, 2020

The course structure is good because the assignments are used as part of taking the quizzes

By Ivan T

Mar 26, 2018

Very good and complete course. A lot of exercises. You really need spend some time doing.

By Gilberto F P

Jun 15, 2021

Excellent course, well thought exercises and high quality material overall. Thank you!

By Reda R

Jul 23, 2018

it is an excellent course, with very good explanation, and very interesting exercises.

By Angel R

Aug 18, 2019

great course for beginners you want to become continue their skills as a programmer.

By Alfredo M M

Jul 27, 2019

Excellent course for learning algorithms design applying an object oriented approach

By Manju A

Oct 1, 2019

started with easy concepts and become challenging and thought provoking at the end!

By Tanmay G

Jun 8, 2019

Amazing Content. Lot of hard work has been put into creating it by the intructors!

By Savio T

Jul 8, 2017

With this course I was able to immediately implement the lesson learnt at my work.