Back to Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data by Duke University

Build on the software engineering skills you learned in “Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software” by learning new data structures. Use these data structures to build more complex programs that use Java’s object-oriented features. At the end of the course you will write an encryption program and a program to break your encryption algorithm. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Read and write data from/to files; 2. Solve problems involving data files; 3. Perform quantitative analyses of data (e.g., finding maximums, minimums, averages); 4. Store and manipulate data in an array or ArrayList; 5. Combine multiple classes to solve larger problems; 6. Use iterables and collections (including maps) in Java....

CT
Jul 19, 2018

The course was pretty challenging (and occasionally frustrating) for a novice programmer, but doable.\n\nI enjoyed the course, and came away with a greater understanding of computers and programming.

LB
Jan 9, 2020

Actually, before I start this course I had not a good idea about OOP concept such as constructors, HashMap.now I have fair confidence about that. thank you duke university making such an arrangement.

76 - 100 of 450 Reviews for Java Programming: Arrays, Lists, and Structured Data

By Oleh L

Apr 3, 2021

As usual, very interesting and practical tasks to complete, which immediately gives an indication, how and where it can be implemented or used.

By Tang Y S

Jun 1, 2016

It's great,especially the mini-project and it is quite a complex problem, it is well planned so that we can reach the solution step by step.

By Josh H

Dec 27, 2015

Great class. Really enjoyed it. The guided lessons were just challenging enough for someone who has very limited programming knowledge.

By Dmitry P

May 4, 2020

At the end of the course noticed that I can write the code almost without thinking ... I was pleasantly surprised, thanks to the mentors

By Md. B U

Sep 1, 2020

it was a great course to enroll. This course helped me to clear my concept about hashmap, arraylist, and taught me their various use.

By Sanuj K

Dec 3, 2017

I loved the you teaches us.

I loved the the step by step way to write the code.

Loved everything.

Sanuj, with lots of love from India!!

By Rizma J

Jun 6, 2020

Even if Java language isn't the most "beautiful" one nowadays, it still the base if you want to understand some programs nowadays.

By Marc R

Jul 5, 2017

Applying JAVA to the problems of (ancient) cryptography. Very entertaining application examples with lots of hands-on experience.

By Frank R

Jan 9, 2018

Very challenging. For absolute beginners maybe a little bit hard. Above all, you also get some programming experience in Java.

By Ibe L

Jun 20, 2019

Excellent tutorials and very challenging problem sets! I would highly recommend this course for anyone looking to learn Java!

By Bogdan U

Apr 6, 2019

As always, very thorough and helpful (learning by doing "countless" tasks is a great way to go, from my perspective). Thanks!

By Ariel M S

Jul 31, 2020

Takes you by the hand to continue understanding Java. I used to HATE Java. Now it has become like Whisky, an acquired taste.

By Kacper G

Oct 22, 2019

I'm happy that coursera has such a great courses like this one. So far I know that I'm on a good way to become a programist.

By satish

Mar 12, 2016

Its good way to master in programming because in this course explain more and practically so its more useful to understand.

By Gamage, A

Dec 20, 2020

once again this was an enjoyable experience in coding under the guidance of amazing lecturers at Duke. thank you coursera.

By Guy M H

Apr 27, 2020

I thought the examples and problems worked in the course really helped me towards getting a better understanding of Java.

By Eugeny K

Nov 26, 2018

Great course. Was not easy for me.

Requires lots of work. Everything is structured very logically here and it helps a lot.

By Utkarsh J

Sep 23, 2018

Awesome course. Got deep understanding Java HashMap and HashSet classes. But the contents over ciphers should be updated.

By Bruno

Jul 1, 2017

Another great course! It gets gradually difficult but not too difficult and the projects are great! I totally recommend!

By 이준우

Sep 11, 2020

I really struggled for every assignments but it also helped me a lot getting used to the concepts I got from the videos

By Dan C

May 31, 2018

Great java practice. If you dedicate yourself to complete all the exercises, you will become a java programming machine

By Kartik K

Jun 12, 2020

It was a great course to enhance your knowledge in Java, Specially Log reading, And the best part is it isn't lengthy.

By Alexander I

Oct 12, 2018

Great interesting practical course as the previous one! There were a lot of coding practice, thank the Duke's team!

By Mirché R

Feb 11, 2020

Excellent! I am very satisfied, because you taught with very interesting problems. i am learning a lot. Thank you!

By Frank S

Jan 22, 2018

Great Course. The materials are rich and practical. And moreover, the assignments are challenging and interesting.