Back to Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software by Duke University

Learn to code in Java and improve your programming and problem-solving skills. You will learn to design algorithms as well as develop and debug programs. Using custom open-source classes, you will write programs that access and transform images, websites, and other types of data. At the end of the course you will build a program that determines the popularity of different baby names in the US over time by analyzing comma separated value (CSV) files. After completing this course you will be able to: 1. Edit, compile, and run a Java program; 2. Use conditionals and loops in a Java program; 3. Use Java API documentation in writing programs. 4. Debug a Java program using the scientific method; 5. Write a Java method to solve a specific problem; 6. Develop a set of test cases as part of developing a program; 7. Create a class with multiple methods that work together to solve a problem; and 8. Use divide-and-conquer design techniques for a program that uses multiple methods....

AS
Dec 10, 2020

Excellent explanations and amount of course work for practice, the tests made good use of the examples and work given, I am satisfied with what I learned in this course and see it's real world usage.

FA
Oct 7, 2017

251 - 275 of 1,228 Reviews for Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software

By DILEEP K

Feb 3, 2020

This is really great course, and very hard to crack some problem anyway Thanks All Dear Instructors, Duke University and Coursera Team

By Trần C L

Oct 5, 2019

I have been struggling a lots with code that works but not as expected. Taught myself how to debug my code. Thanks for a great course!

By Crystiane M

Sep 9, 2016

This course was really awesome!

I enjoyed doing the assignments and the way how the content was being taught was impressive. Very good!

By SULEYMAN Y

Jan 6, 2020

Quiz questions was really great. I learned much more to solve those questions. I would like to thank to Duke university and Coursera.

By Pranav L

Jul 19, 2020

Fantastic Course. Cleared Most of my Concepts and I also many of the new concepts and methods of object-oriented programming in java

By Peng Y

Aug 7, 2016

I join this course without no java programming experience. This course is really helpful and also challenging. It is worth the time.

By Vamshi D

Mar 29, 2020

The course has explained everything from the scratch and the practise assignments are enough for what we learn through the course.

By Digvijay K

Jan 23, 2020

Nice course, but library that we are practicing is of duke and I'm not sure how can we use that in our project.

Is it open source.?

By Anant S

Jan 16, 2020

Simply amazing course cleared my many doubts and i guess helped me building my main foundation which is required for programming.

By Frank S

Dec 11, 2017

Great course with challenging assignments. If you want learn Java seriously, you may consider take this one. Strongly recommend.

By Yiran Z

Jun 24, 2017

Great course, walk through several examples and let you work with some real tasks on your own. Learned a lot as a Java beginner.

By Paul H

Feb 13, 2016

Another great selection of topics and problems. I enjoyed this course. Very good balance in terms of concepts and test problems.

By AMAN R

Nov 7, 2020

This coures really helped me a lot in learning and applying java funamentals. It is a must do course for every Java enthusiast.

By Mihai D

Jul 22, 2020

Great course for Java beginners, excellent for understanding all you need to know. The assignments are well done and engaging.

By Oussama D

trés belle expérience avec beaucoup des informations bien expliqué par les profs et bien détailler grand merci pour les profs

By MOHAMMAD H

Jan 18, 2020

very useful course and have so many examples and practices, I advice every one want to start coding with java to enroll in it

By Walter J

Dec 29, 2020

Exactly what I was looking for. Not too easy and not too hard. Perfect amount of code repetition to solidify in my memory.

By gwuiin K

Dec 8, 2019

This is a good course for getting started with java programming. Especially, seven steps of problem solving is very useful.

By Roy W

May 5, 2019

very informative and well explained. I liked that they use real life examples to introduce you to a subject. Big thumbs up!

By Adriana S

Oct 25, 2017

Learned a lot! The time it took me to complete the projects was a lot longer than 10 minutes, but the result was worth it.

By Peter T

Oct 17, 2016

Great introduction to Java, the BlueJ environment makes it much easier to pick up the language with a smaller feature set.

By María V D

Aug 28, 2016

The teachers are great, I love this courses and the method for the students.

Very Challenging, enjoy it!!

A great experience

By Ossama I

Jan 7, 2020

Great course with informative content.Thanks Duke University for this course and thanks coursera for the ease of studying

By Sijia Z

Dec 29, 2019

it is friendly for people who have a litter base. I finish it in 2 weeks, not including weekends. I study 4hours a day.

By Yae J P

Dec 17, 2016

Great to learn basic concepts! However, it seemed like there were errors in the last quiz for the first two questions.