Back to JavaScript, jQuery, and JSON

Learner Reviews & Feedback for JavaScript, jQuery, and JSON by University of Michigan

In this course, we'll look at the JavaScript language, and how it supports the Object-Oriented pattern, with a focus on the unique aspect of how JavaScript approaches OO. We'll explore a brief introduction to the jQuery library, which is widely used to do in-browser manipulation of the Document Object Model (DOM) and event handling. You'll also learn more about JavaScript Object Notation (JSON), which is commonly used as a syntax to exchange data between code running on the server (i.e. in PHP) and code running in the browser (JavaScript/jQuery). It is assumed that learners have already taken the Building Web Applications and Building Database Applications in PHP courses in this specialization....

ST
Aug 9, 2020

A very brief course which gives some deep ideas about JS, JQuery and JSON. It would be better to have some previous ideas about these stuffs otherwise some problems may occur during assignments.

JJ
Nov 13, 2018

Thanks for the course Dr. Chuck, I learned more than I ever bargained I would. The only thing would be is recommendations were to go from here and what to focus on if this is your first course.

1 - 25 of 136 Reviews for JavaScript, jQuery, and JSON

By Tiit K

Dec 4, 2017

The title says "Javascript, JQuery, and JSON" whereas the actual content of the first assignment is a huge PHP solution and 0 tasks on JavaScript. One can copy-paste JavaScript and that's it. It should have been the over way around: PHP solution code should have been given and the student is supposed to write some JavaScript! People who have a background in Java or .NET and don't want to mess around with PHP have nothing to learn from this course. Except of course, lot's of PHP. I apologize of being so up front, but this is how it is. Plus: some of the videos are plain repetitions of the video that one has already seen. The professor is fun and smart though.

By Mandava D

Jun 14, 2019

The first 3 courses are awesome but this course doesn't delve deep into the concepts of JavaScript. The assignments are good enough. If you're doing the whole specialization then go for this course but if you want to learn JavaScript then prefer some other course. Overall the Specialization is awesome. Thanks Dr. Chuck.

By Jandre

Nov 13, 2018

By Dimitrios K

Nov 24, 2018

Really helpful for real world applications..

just be sure you have (or you can manage to learn) some more basic things before like php, mysql etc..

By Munish K

Sep 2, 2020

This course is NOT designed for JavaScript. It was just a copy and past from PHP course. I took Module 1 which talks about JavaScript but then the Assignment. Its all about PHP and that not all. I was almost half way in PHP project. I end up spending lot of time in developing the PHP project but then I thought to go and see other assignment..... they all were for PHP project with little work on JavaScript, jQuery or JSON. This is the worst course I have every seen. I am surprise how they got this much good rating.

By Boris V

Jun 11, 2018

The previous classes are good. This class is extremely disappointing however.The lectures lack content and lack material to help with the problem sets. Once I got stuck on the second assignment, the instructors were not helpful in resolving my issues and after two weeks of trying to google solutions and going back and forth with the instructors, I cancelled my subscription and found a better course on LinkedIn.

By Kirill A

Apr 30, 2020

I strongly recommend to take the whole specialization instead of just this course. It is very well structured and gives a great overview. The assignments throughout the specialization increase in complexity and buit up one on another, hence without prior knowledge finishing this final course in the specialization will be quite difficult. Thank you Dr. Chuck! Bravo!

By Shaurabh T

Aug 10, 2020

By Andrew B

Apr 26, 2019

Excellent course for anyone interested in developing a solid foundation for web development. Fast-paced, but comprehensive and solid in the fundamentals.

By K N K

Nov 17, 2018

It was great doing this courser. Chuck's teaching was awesome. I highly recommend taking this course to everyone who are interested in this area.

By Atharva B

Jul 30, 2018

Great course helped me implement knowledge in a better way!

By Michael S

Sep 1, 2018

Just an excellent class, from start to finish.

By Brandon A

Sep 6, 2018

Wonderful topics in JSON and JavaScript.

By Francisco J R

Dec 22, 2018

Great!

By Siddharth V

Aug 21, 2018

Good!!

By TATENDA Y G

Sep 23, 2018

Heavy, now a more confident programmer

By Pravin K P

Dec 11, 2018

Awesom

By Ahmed M M

Nov 2, 2020

Good but old information in 2020, This course should be en-reached with JavaScript libraries examples such react,vue....

By Akshay k p p

Jul 17, 2020

Not soo clear to beginners, for 1st assignment give the instructions clearly

By Simona O

This part of a specialization was really tough for a person whose only previous knowledge was Python for everybody specialization on coursera. There were moments I felt that I'm way to deep and it's not for me, but those moments made conquering the code so much sweeter. I will get back and look through material after a little while, and I already have the ideas how to improve my final crud application and I'll be proud to show it as a measure of what I learned, and how far I went. Thank you, professor Chuck!

By Deepthi K

Apr 14, 2020

With this course I am confident that I can work with jQuery and JSON in future applications along with PHP and MySQL. This is very useful course and this is the basic course to learn before developing complex applications using jQuery and JSON. I recommend all to do this course to have a strong foundation in designing web applications.

By Ayatullah K

Jun 13, 2021

An awesome course. Learned the basic javascript, jquery and json and how to implement them in php application. Created a full crud application using all of them. Like - php, sql, html, bootstrap, jquery, json.

By Cristian R V C

Jul 9, 2020

Muy buen curso para introducir el tema de JavaScript, jQuery y JSON y poder aplicarlo a pequeñas aplicaciones web. Recomendado para empezar junto con el resto de la especialización. El profesor es excelente.

By Antony J L

Jun 16, 2018

very good course. The instructor is very good and has a very good knowledge on the subject. The Assignments are also very good and will touch each and every topic which is taught. Worth taking this course.

By Chinmai A C

Jun 1, 2021

W​onderful course. I really learnt how to request json from jquery and display on the web page. but the assignment mainly focused on quering data from various tables like many to many and all.