Back to Interactivity with JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interactivity with JavaScript by University of Michigan

If you want to take your website to the next level, the ability to incorporate interactivity is a must. But adding some of these types of capabilities requires a stronger programming language than HTML5 or CSS3, and JavaScript can provide just what you need. With just a basic understanding of the language, you can create a page that will react to common events such as page loads, mouse clicks & movements, and even keyboard input. This course will introduce you to the basics of the JavaScript language. We will cover concepts such as variables, looping, functions, and even a little bit about debugging tools. You will understand how the Document Object Model (DOM) is used by JavaScript to identify and modify specific parts of your page. After the course, learners will be able to react to DOM Events and dynamically alter the contents and style of their page. The class will culminate in a final project - the creation of an interactive HTML5 form that accepts and verifies input. This is the third course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on enhancing the styling with responsive design and completing a capstone project....

MM
Feb 6, 2016

I was glad to find a course that focused simply on the basics of Javascript. So many courses cover the three HTML, CSS, and JS, but don't give enough to really start working with Javascrip.\n\nThanks

LC
Mar 15, 2016

An excellent course, my JavaScript has improved greatly since I completed the requirements. Colleen is a fantastic teacher, I found the lectures to be highly informative and the assignments good fun.

76 - 100 of 1,331 Reviews for Interactivity with JavaScript

By Ujjwaldeep S

I was not a "noob" in programming, but I always felt that I skipped Javascript quickly, so the concepts were not clear enough. So, I spent a day on this course and I feel way more confident in basic javascript now.

By SARITA C

Jul 10, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, it helped me a lot to build my basics of javascript syntax and how to use functions, array and looping. Thanks to coursera and to instructor who made it much easier to understand it.

By Gayatri k

Jun 10, 2020

highly recommended !!as this course can help you strengthen your core and clear all the doubts regarding usage of specific things at specific times.i learned a lot of new things one of my fav being usage of label

By Muhammad S K

Sep 3, 2019

Happy to be part of this wonderful course, its best for all the new programmers to learn the basics of JavaScript. Thank you Coursera and University of Michigan Team for such a great effort. God Bless you all.

By Carl A T

Jul 1, 2018

A great walk-through the basics of JavaScript, especially for beginner programmers. This course did a good job of building on HTML learned in earlier courses of the Web Design for Everyone certificate program.

By Veronica D

Jul 28, 2016

This course really drives the power of organized coding and is presented in a comprehensive and user friendly format. I am inspired to continue studying JavaScript based on the information given in this class.

By Jose A P

Dec 23, 2015

This is an excellent course to learn JavaScript. The concepts are explained in a very nice and clear way. I'm really enjoying this course, I do recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning JavaScript.

By Trilion *

Jul 16, 2021

this entire series is very well put together. the instructor is great at presenting the material clearly. take advantage of the message boards and the external links provided for learning tools and support.

By Pulkit S

Jun 21, 2020

Really enjoyed the course . Its easy to understand and providing a good grasp of the knowledge of JS. Id recommend everyone to go through this course especially because Colleen van lent is an amazing teacher!

By Jedediah A

Apr 1, 2019

This course has actually been surprisingly thorough with JS, for such a quick amount of video time. Definitely worth taking - know that it will be a lot of practice outside the course though to really get it!

By Vinita Y

May 16, 2020

I have never seen such a good professor, I already took one java script course before this but did not understood anything but Prof. Collen was really good at conveying lectures and it helped me learn a lot.

By Alex K A D

Aug 14, 2020

This is my 3rd Course taken with Collen Van Lent, I must say she is one of the best Lectures, who make understanding things easier and always go straight to the point. I will always take more of her course.

By Dil M

Jun 20, 2020

A great course and a great online experience with the instructors. Enjoyed learning and enjoyed the way they teach us. They teach us different things really well and their use on different things. Thanks

By Alan B

Jan 13, 2016

Well done. I think Javascript is hard to start out in, it makes it hard to review the class. But it was just about right for me. The first assignment almost had me giving up, but it all ended up ok.

By Nancy G C

Aug 11, 2016

Definitely the best way to introduce someone in JavaScript. Its really explained in a very easy and clear way. After this course you are prepared to go to further challenges. I strongly recommend it!

By mcvean s

Aug 2, 2020

The instructor is simply amazing at teaching the concepts, and even for absolute beginners with basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, this course helps take your web development skills to the next level!

By M A

Sep 27, 2020

Great course to learn adding interactivity to your web page. I recommend before this course to take HTML and CSS courses by Colleen van Lent. Special thanks to; Colleen van Lent and Coursera...

By Shashi K P

Aug 25, 2016

The teaching of the professor Colleen is wonderful and very interactive . Troy (teaching staff) is also very supportive .In short a very good course for interactive learning of Java script :)

By Shawn L

Feb 9, 2018

Great class. I recommend anyone who are interested in coding to take this course. It can help you understand what is JavaScript and understand what is going on in the coding language world.

By Huỳnh T B

Feb 25, 2020

For those interested in getting started with JavaScript professionally, it's an excellent option. It gives me the knowledge and expertise in JavaScript to start working on my JS projects.

By Barbara F

Feb 18, 2017

Very good course! I highly recommend to anyone. The professor is very competent and no only teaches the concepts, but also the best practices, always explaining everything very clearly.

By Faoud M

Dec 31, 2015

One of the best courses in learning JavaScript for a beginner or for someone needing a refresher in JS. The lecturer is engaging and clearly explains every concept as lucid as possible.

By Divyateja C

Aug 7, 2018

A very good course which covers all the basics on JS. Best for those who are new to JS. Assignments could be more in number as practice often makes our understanding of concepts solid.

By Alena B

Jul 28, 2017

It's a great course to begin understand JavaScript. It gives you needed basics of JS. And Colleen van Lent is excellent teacher, she helps you in this journey called "coding with JS".

By Robin L A

Oct 12, 2016

I have sampled many of the courses here and on other platforms related to javascript and interactivity and found that this series helped me to put together the disparate experiences.