Back to Interactivity with JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interactivity with JavaScript by University of Michigan

If you want to take your website to the next level, the ability to incorporate interactivity is a must. But adding some of these types of capabilities requires a stronger programming language than HTML5 or CSS3, and JavaScript can provide just what you need. With just a basic understanding of the language, you can create a page that will react to common events such as page loads, mouse clicks & movements, and even keyboard input. This course will introduce you to the basics of the JavaScript language. We will cover concepts such as variables, looping, functions, and even a little bit about debugging tools. You will understand how the Document Object Model (DOM) is used by JavaScript to identify and modify specific parts of your page. After the course, learners will be able to react to DOM Events and dynamically alter the contents and style of their page. The class will culminate in a final project - the creation of an interactive HTML5 form that accepts and verifies input. This is the third course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on enhancing the styling with responsive design and completing a capstone project....

MM
Feb 6, 2016

I was glad to find a course that focused simply on the basics of Javascript. So many courses cover the three HTML, CSS, and JS, but don't give enough to really start working with Javascrip.\n\nThanks

LC
Mar 15, 2016

An excellent course, my JavaScript has improved greatly since I completed the requirements. Colleen is a fantastic teacher, I found the lectures to be highly informative and the assignments good fun.

51 - 75 of 1,318 Reviews for Interactivity with JavaScript

By Rohini s

May 9, 2020

Colleen mam is very good at telling lessons in a very good way.i had registered for more than 2 courses but the communication of them i cant understand but colleen mam English is very easily understandable.So thanks for giving such a good opportunity to learn something more than yesterday.

By Robert S

Nov 6, 2017

This course is a great starting point for understanding how JavaScript works with your site. It provides the basics, with good examples, quiz questions, and practice assignments. It also points you in the right direction for learning more and how to research answers to your coding problems.

Feb 4, 2016

I loved it! Colleen explains everything very well. The pace is perfect, not that slow that it becomes boring, but not that fast, that you cannot catch up to the content. I learned a lot, and so far, the best specialization in web design on courser :) I'm very glad I could take the courses!!

By Matthew C M

Feb 28, 2020

This was another amazing course! Miss Van Lent did incredible work. I had a very

difficult time with the final week 4 assignment however, Coursera and Miss Lent we're

very understanding and Coursera.org gave me more time. Can't wait to move forward

in the specialization! Matt Merwin

By Bhushan C M

Mar 23, 2020

Good Course for Beginners in Javascript (or in Programming). This Course teach you what DOM is and how to work with DOM. One will also Learn how to validate HTML Forms using Javascript. Good Hands on Pratice too. Professor will encourage alot on Hands on which is Great Thing.

By Kian E O

Sep 5, 2020

Very organized and structured course, with very clear explanation. Suitable for beginners with no prior programming knowledge. Exercises are well designed to illustrate key principles and allow for explorations, not having to dive too deep into complex loops and concepts.

By Sumandip R

Jun 30, 2020

It was great course.Mrs Colleen really knows how to interact with her students.It was really a great experience for me.Enjoyed every bit of this course and I hope whatever i

learned from this course i could excel that in the outside world.Thank you Mrs Colleen!!

By Drew C

May 21, 2019

This was a good introduction to the use of JavaScript. I recommend it. However, I spent about three times longer completing the assignments than I'd anticipated based on course materials. I think that's just what I had to do to learn it--no fault of the course.

By Shoumik D

Jul 23, 2020

The course was really neat. It helped me to learn all the basics. The assignments were challenging.

Dr Colleen is very good in teaching. I would like to thank her. She continued teaching even when she was injured. I respect her for that.

And thanks to Coursera.

By Manuel S

Jun 7, 2016

This course is awesome! Collen emphasizes in the very important things of JavaScritp and it is helpful. You can learn a lot, I did and I am satisfied with this course, please post more courses of Colleen, she's the best teacher! I have to thank her A LOT!

By Denise H

Sep 9, 2016

A lot of info is packed into this course. I have some JavaScript background so it helped. If you have none, you should start on an earlier course. Loved the exercises...challenging but not out of reach! Would take another course from this Instructor.

By Martin T

Jun 25, 2020

Very good intro. I would recommend all the courses in the series presented by Dr. Colleen van Lent. The material is always presented clearly and with consideration of realistic applications. Definitely a good way to get started with JavaScript.

By Morgan S

Feb 5, 2016

The instructor describes the methodology well. She appears to be very patient and has a great knack for teaching Javascript for each level of understanding. While I have been challenged, there is no sense of overwhelment presented thus far.

By Sagyn R

Dec 17, 2020

I want to say that is actually the one of the best JS courses. I've enjoyed.

The Teacher- Colleen Van Lent gave me a solid basic of this language. She even did more than I expected from this course. So Thank you very much, My Teacher!!!

By Haris B T S

Jul 10, 2020

This course is for those who have zero idea about programming languages and want to learn basics of JavaScript. If you are familiar with the programming , this course is the easiest to grab the concept of JavaScript for the front end.

By Aman A

Aug 13, 2016

It was an overall great journey by being a part of this course it makes me happy and feel like a programmer. I want to give my regards to Colleen Van Lent mam for such a wonderful teaching from the scratch to high level. Thanks a lot.

By Patrick O

Oct 15, 2016

Enjoyed the class a lot. The explanations were very clear and pitched well to students who were new to web programming in general. The advice was also very useful to new students starting out. Had a great time taking this course!

By Viktoriia S

Jan 11, 2017

I am very gratefull for all the information, tips and support in this course. It was so interesting and inspiring! Perfect lecturer Colleen van Lent! Thank you for your professionalism and passion! Thanks Coursera for making it!

By Paolo T

Jan 8, 2016

Probably the best programming course for newbie I've ever seen. The course is set up so that major errors of newbies are addressed and solved. This course will inspire my future way of teaching how to program to starters.

By Phani K A

Feb 28, 2016

Thank you for giving this opportunity to learn from such prestigious university. I understood everything clearly and thankyou Prof.Colleen for pushing us to write and practice the code so that we can easily remember it.

By Bijoy K B

Feb 11, 2021

This course is really good, it covers the basics of JavaScript, it's syntax and all. So as a beginner it's a great place to start using Javascript in your webpages, and continuing exploring about this topic further on.

By Ankit S

very good course.

the professor is too good

i have 1 1 complaint that in the first peer graded assi ie. photo frame, no info was given about how toconcate the url

i mean to say "url (" + ")"

This was not explained before.

By Liang R

Apr 11, 2016

A good introductory course in JAVA after you taking HTML and CSS. Course materials are harder( or broader) than actual assignments.

Background: some experience in scientific computing, but no experience in java before.

By Muhammad T S

Jun 25, 2020

It's an awesome course to understand the basic fundamentals of web development. And the ma'am colleen is the best teacher with many informative ideas and she helps me to clearly understand this course. Appreciated ♥️

By Almis P S

Jan 14, 2016

A great intro! Prof. Van Lent was really able to cover a huge range in very few lectures. Also a great refresher for those who haven't looked at JS for a decade or so. Many thanks, I enjoyed the course tremendously.