Back to Interactivity with JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interactivity with JavaScript by University of Michigan

If you want to take your website to the next level, the ability to incorporate interactivity is a must. But adding some of these types of capabilities requires a stronger programming language than HTML5 or CSS3, and JavaScript can provide just what you need. With just a basic understanding of the language, you can create a page that will react to common events such as page loads, mouse clicks & movements, and even keyboard input. This course will introduce you to the basics of the JavaScript language. We will cover concepts such as variables, looping, functions, and even a little bit about debugging tools. You will understand how the Document Object Model (DOM) is used by JavaScript to identify and modify specific parts of your page. After the course, learners will be able to react to DOM Events and dynamically alter the contents and style of their page. The class will culminate in a final project - the creation of an interactive HTML5 form that accepts and verifies input. This is the third course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on enhancing the styling with responsive design and completing a capstone project....

LC

Mar 16, 2016

An excellent course, my JavaScript has improved greatly since I completed the requirements. Colleen is a fantastic teacher, I found the lectures to be highly informative and the assignments good fun.

MM

Feb 07, 2016

I was glad to find a course that focused simply on the basics of Javascript. So many courses cover the three HTML, CSS, and JS, but don't give enough to really start working with Javascrip.\n\nThanks

201 - 225 of 1,162 Reviews for Interactivity with JavaScript

By Amit K B

Apr 26, 2020

Awesome Course Experience. Thanks to the Instructor of the University of Michigan (Coursera)

By N. B R

Nov 08, 2016

a great course for beginners. colleen is a great teacher and the homework projects are cool.

By cintya l

Jul 17, 2020

Very nice class, I have learned a lot. The instructor is very good as well as the material.

By Ravikumar P

Jul 08, 2020

It was a very amazing course and the instructor was very good at explaining the concepts...

By Elsayed A E

Jul 04, 2020

it is amazingly wonderful course which provides good introduction in javascript programming

By Mildred F

Jun 08, 2018

Outstanding! I had the opportunity to learn how to research and learn from trial and error.

By Jeethendra B

May 13, 2020

Good Course for learning the basics of Javascript but the assignments are not challenging.

By Utsav S P

Apr 27, 2020

A very good course for whose who know HTML and CSS and are interested to learn Javascript.

By Enoch S

Mar 20, 2020

I was scared of learning javascript but this is the best introduction I can ever hope for.

By Marcelo J R

Jun 30, 2017

Simple, but very good course. I learned a lot as with other courses on this specialization

By Hritik K S

Jul 11, 2019

I always wanted to learn web development stuffs. It was quite interesting and new for me.

By NIVEDHA. S

Jul 11, 2020

over whelming with joy.I'm proud of my myself. Thank you so much,for this opporthunity.

By Santosh Y

Jul 17, 2020

It is a very nice course. it is improving my skills,. it helps me to get an internship.

By Orora T N

Jul 10, 2020

I really feel lucky to get an opportunity to learn javascript from this kind of course

By Vanessa D D d S

Feb 23, 2019

Great course! A must-enroll for those who wanna start learning javascript from scratch!

By Chantal L P

Jun 10, 2018

Exellent course to start learning JavaScript, very well explained. Thank you very much!

By Arturo C

Oct 04, 2017

Perfect introduction to Javascript. Clear, simple, well paced.

Thank you Prof. Colleen.

By prashant k d

Jan 03, 2016

She Explained very well. It will be helpful for new Student.

Really nice lectures by Her

By Prince G

Jun 05, 2020

Thank you so much to provide such a platform that we can grab over skill on Javascript

By Cibi

Nov 29, 2018

Teaches you the basics of javaScript and forms in a fast and orderly way. Great course

By Paul A L

Oct 16, 2017

Great introductory course to Javascript. I have designed Wordpress sites for 7 years.

By Joshua S B

Nov 24, 2016

This is an excellent course, it brings you the basics of web programming at your grasp

By Anubhav P

Jun 02, 2020

it was a great course but little bit hard and instructor makes it easy to understand

By Pedro A P

Aug 01, 2018

Very instructive and easy, especially for those who had never seen JavaScript before.

By Zalman R

Feb 14, 2017

it is helpful, but if offer more examples and source code, it will be better, thanks.