Back to Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life by Yale University

Journey of the Universe weaves together the discoveries of the evolutionary sciences together with humanities such as history, philosophy, art, and religion. The course draws on the Emmy-award winning film, Journey of the Universe, and the book from Yale University Press. Journey explores cosmic evolution as a creative process based on connection, interdependence, and emergence. It examines a range of dynamic interactions in the unfolding of galaxies, Earth, life, and human communities. It investigates ways in which we understand evolutionary processes and the implications for humans and our ecological future. The Journey course, thus, is based on a new integration that is emerging from the dialogue of the sciences and humanities. Journey tells the story of evolution as an epic narrative, rather than as a series of facts separated by scientific disciplines. This changes our perception so that we begin to see ourselves as an integral part of this narrative. By situating ourselves within this story we can better appreciate the complexity and beauty of processes such as self-organizing dynamics, natural selection, emergence, symbiosis, and co-evolution. As we discover these intricate processes of evolution, we awaken to the beauty and complexity of our natural environment at this critical juncture in our planetary history....

DH

Oct 21, 2018

I love everything about this. Plan to go back sometime later and explore more of the websites and links that are referenced. I especially enjoy material from the American Museum of Natural History.

CS

Jan 15, 2017

This course is a must. There is just no other course that can nurture your spiritual yearnings within the framework of science. Take it. It's a wonderful course.

26 - 50 of 60 Reviews for Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life

By Daggupati L

Mar 28, 2017

easy to learn philosopical things of universe

By Liu S

Nov 20, 2016

fantastic!!!!I love it

By Andy D

Feb 14, 2018

The passion of the instructors is evident from the moment the course begins. It has helped reshape the negative light in which I previously viewed religious traditions. Journey of the Universe instilled an awe of the universe around me and further spurred my desire for understanding of the world around me.

By Lilian D T

Jan 18, 2017

just wonderfull and easy to learn and let us start to see the world in other point of view

By mansi g

Jul 01, 2018

nice n easy

By Julian P P

Jan 28, 2017

Terrific, I've really enjoyed it!

By Thomas H

Oct 02, 2017

Extraordinary. Astronomy has always been a friend. Now it has become a mentor. Suddenly my priorities have become clear. My life needs no further focus. God, sobriety and “Journey of the Universe.” Powerful!

By Anil K

Feb 10, 2018

Great learning experience!!!!

By Zach V S

Sep 26, 2016

This is one of my all-time favorite courses.

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By Patty K

Jul 29, 2019

Very interesting and compelling. The story the world needs to know!

By Susan F

May 23, 2019

Fantastic content and well structured for the busy working person to fit into their schedules!

By Therese M M

Sep 22, 2019

I am amazed!

By Roslyn V P

Sep 02, 2019

I now have a dynamic way of envisioning our universe and beyond. This course is entertaining, compelling, and educational. I've gained unexpected personal discoveries which include finding connective concepts in the evolution of the world, humanity, language and the development of AI.

By SANDRA A C V

Sep 06, 2019

This course guided me trough questions and knowledge that I was looking for so deeply. The material, the way of teaching, the theachers, everything as a sinfony, flowing trough my soul and finding place in my believes. I´m so gratefull to this opportunity of learning. My life was expecting for it.

By racheal h

Sep 12, 2019

Everyone one should watch this movie and read the book. The course has given me a good perspective and great insight on the world around me. I like the idea that the stars are my ancestors and that I belong here on this Earth. This course has helped me in my daily life as I look around I know we are all one with this universe. It has opened my soul, my heart to others here as well and to the real nature of a power greater than self.

By Shivam

Sep 18, 2018

Very good course

By Jessica A

Jul 24, 2017

Excellent course! I had a lot of fun!

By Juliet B

Apr 18, 2017

A great course for everyone. Provides inspiring insights into the workings of the universe, evoking a big picture understanding of how we fit into a beautiful story of our universe, a story that each of our lives play an important part.

By Valarie B

Nov 08, 2017

I have so enjoyed taking this course and am enthralled with all of the new perspectives that were presented. I look forward to continuing with the certificate.

By Dot H

Oct 21, 2018

By Colleen S

Jan 15, 2017

By Fernando B

Nov 24, 2017

It´s quite a Journey of insight, wonder and magnificent discoveries of Human kind. I experience an awakening of my curiosity.

By 雷沁颖

Oct 29, 2016

I love this course and I appreciate all the gifts our universe, our earth give me. I will cherish the earth and keep doing my best to protect what I have, what we have.

By Linda K

Oct 24, 2016

Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life offered a wonderful sense of connection with our universe, Earth and all her life forms as well as a beautiful understanding of deep time. It told it's story from a science and a humanities perspective. Absolutely offered aw and wonder. A great learning experience. Thank you to everyone involved!