Back to Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life by Yale University

Journey of the Universe weaves together the discoveries of the evolutionary sciences together with humanities such as history, philosophy, art, and religion. The course draws on the Emmy-award winning film, Journey of the Universe, and the book from Yale University Press. Journey explores cosmic evolution as a creative process based on connection, interdependence, and emergence. It examines a range of dynamic interactions in the unfolding of galaxies, Earth, life, and human communities. It investigates ways in which we understand evolutionary processes and the implications for humans and our ecological future. The Journey course, thus, is based on a new integration that is emerging from the dialogue of the sciences and humanities. Journey tells the story of evolution as an epic narrative, rather than as a series of facts separated by scientific disciplines. This changes our perception so that we begin to see ourselves as an integral part of this narrative. By situating ourselves within this story we can better appreciate the complexity and beauty of processes such as self-organizing dynamics, natural selection, emergence, symbiosis, and co-evolution. As we discover these intricate processes of evolution, we awaken to the beauty and complexity of our natural environment at this critical juncture in our planetary history....

DS
May 4, 2020

Very, very insightful. Best course that I participated in. I simply loved it. And if you (the reader of this review) have any sort of curiosity regarding reasons of existence, this course is for you.

DH
Oct 20, 2018

I love everything about this. Plan to go back sometime later and explore more of the websites and links that are referenced. I especially enjoy material from the American Museum of Natural History.

26 - 50 of 92 Reviews for Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life

By 雷沁颖

Oct 28, 2016

I love this course and I appreciate all the gifts our universe, our earth give me. I will cherish the earth and keep doing my best to protect what I have, what we have.

By Colleen S

Jan 14, 2017

This course is a must. There is just no other course that can nurture your spiritual yearnings within the framework of science. Take it. It's a wonderful course.

By Valarie B

Nov 7, 2017

I have so enjoyed taking this course and am enthralled with all of the new perspectives that were presented. I look forward to continuing with the certificate.

By Abhi

Feb 21, 2020

What a story that connects and answers my spiritual queries. Connection and communication to everything around has only become simpler and amazing ..

By Shamim D

Feb 27, 2017

A truly insightful and enlightening course that will provide a clear understanding of the creation of the universe and of life in a scientific sense.

By Annabella R

Mar 31, 2018

This course and the conversations provide the latest thinking on the contiuously evolvng univese. The speakers are excellent , the topics amazing!

By Aza O

May 23, 2017

Big History meets the World Wisdom Traditions with a sense of 'how can we navigate our collective future here on Earth in the Anthropocene'??

By Vitaly W

Jul 31, 2017

Amazing course that touches to the very core of human existence and the concept existence as a whole as applied to the universe

By Fernando B

Nov 23, 2017

It´s quite a Journey of insight, wonder and magnificent discoveries of Human kind. I experience an awakening of my curiosity.

By Chandan n

The course is very detailed building up from the very basics. You don't need the expertise of any sort to learn and enjoy.

By Chenlin W

Dec 29, 2017

This course gave me a brand new insight, I very like it!

Though somehow some long video someimes can't play properly.

By Charlotte L

Nov 6, 2016

Really help me a lot, thanks for all of the tireless efforts of the people for our life, the earth, the universe.

By Kousay a

Oct 28, 2016

A profound intellectual journey. Take this course and immerse yourself in the beautiful nature of our universe.

By 孙婉璨

Aug 4, 2017

It is amazing to walk through this journey, having a wider perspective of the universe and my role in it.

By MALOTH J

Jun 21, 2020

THANK you the journey of the universe:The unfolding of life is gave vry much information THANK YOU

By Anna J

May 4, 2020

So much amazing information to understand the Universe's history and the human life and impact

By Susan F

May 23, 2019

Fantastic content and well structured for the busy working person to fit into their schedules!

By Alex t B

Oct 11, 2016

Great course. Especially liked the 3 part video in week 6. Looking forward to the next one.

By Lilian D T

Jan 18, 2017

just wonderfull and easy to learn and let us start to see the world in other point of view

By Charles S

Nov 29, 2017

This is a most fascinating course. I enjoyed it very much and feel that I learned so much.

By Christine T

Dec 9, 2016

I found this a great introduction to the cosmology and look forward to the other courses.

By Srinivasan R

Apr 8, 2018

Truly a delight to be participate in this course! Three cheers to Yale!

Jul 29, 2019

Very interesting and compelling. The story the world needs to know!

By Richard J

Jul 9, 2020

Excellent teaching and videos, cannot be better instructors.

By Arjun B

I love this course. Very detailed and very helpful.