Back to The Kennedy Half Century

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Kennedy Half Century by University of Virginia

When John F. Kennedy entered the presidential limousine at Love Field in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963, he began his ride into history. That journey continues even today and we call it the Kennedy legacy. This course will explore the Presidency, assassination, and lasting legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Students will learn how JFK’s life, administration, and tragic death have influenced the general public, the media, and each of the nine U.S. presidents who followed. Understanding the Kennedy legacy and being able to identify elements of his legacy within the context of modern politics helps understand many of the vexing problems that developed over the last half century as well as many of the challenges that confront us today. November 22, 1963 was so powerful a moment that in the fifty years since the assassination, every U.S. President that followed JFK has used Kennedy’s words and actions in an effort to craft their own political image. Why does Kennedy’s influence persist, and will it continue? What are the effects? We’ll address these questions and more as we explore The Kennedy Half Century. Follow on Twitter: @JFKclass....

JN

Jul 05, 2017

Larry Sabato is a true genius in political thought. Great realizing that he is fascinated by John Kennedy as I am. There was technical difficulty in Coursera realizing that I had finished the course.

KS

Oct 22, 2015

I really loved this class! Professor Sabato taught this class so eloquently and so well. I have studied the JFK Presidency and Assassination for years, and I loved learning more from this course.

26 - 50 of 79 Reviews for The Kennedy Half Century

By Pamela W

Aug 14, 2015

Fantastic course. Fantastic teacher. Would recommend to anyone who wants to know a lot more about the Kennedy legacy.

By Lisa S

Dec 17, 2016

Extremely interesting and detailed look at a topic which has captured the imagination of my generation. Many thanks to Professor Sabato and his team

By Prasolova S I

Jan 27, 2016

Very interesting! I am enjoying taking this course!

By George T

May 31, 2017

Very interesting

By Angela W

Aug 27, 2017

Great course. It really re-ignited my interest in history.

By Hannah G

Feb 01, 2016

thank you! hope to be able to revisit this material in the future

By Raúl A T G

Oct 21, 2015

Excellent course!

By Kent L

Aug 09, 2016

Super Course. Learnt a lot.

By Francisco J B V

Mar 21, 2016

A must take course!

By Jeff H

Nov 04, 2015

Thank you very much Prof Sabato for a very interesting course. I found the historical videos fascinating and your clear explanations and personal memories very effectively brought back a very important chapter of world's history. Thank you also to the other members of Virginia university were involved in the organization of this course.

By Sonia A

Jul 06, 2017

Thanks! It was a great course.

By veronique

Aug 18, 2015

Liked the course a lot, very nice instructor who you like listening to. he articulates very well and has a good voice and pace of speaking.

my suggestion would be to include subtitles for the video's of the speeches of JFK, or the intervieuws with former presidents, because the audio is not that clear and for non-native English speakers, difficult to understand.

Many thanks, very good course!

Veronique

By Amber N G

Aug 16, 2015

This was a very interesting class.

By Richard H

Mar 24, 2017

i

By Sandra R

Aug 15, 2015

I love this course and have learned so much more than I expected.

By Todd D F

Nov 16, 2015

V

By Mohamed G

Jun 04, 2018

Very resourcing course about half centery of USA history with the main actors president so influenced by legacy of legendary JFK .....enjoy it

By JoAnne N

Jul 05, 2017

By J P W

Aug 18, 2015

This is a fabulous course, covering the political career and tumultuous personal life of the enigmatic and iconic figure JFK. The course presented in a thoughtful and reflective manner which offers valuable insights from an individual who is not only well versed in the field but who also adds a charming sense of personal involvement spiced with his own insights and recollections from the period. relevant, interesting and informative, this is a true learning experience and one of the most interesting courses I have undertaken to date.

By Bill L

Feb 26, 2017

A fantastic course on a subject that I have been interested in since experiencing JFK's assaination as a child. Thank you Dr. Sabato!

By Brooke M

Apr 11, 2016

Super informative. I love how the lectures are broken down and organized. Highly recommend this course to any JFk, history or political enthusiast!

By Carlos S

Aug 14, 2015

So interesting!! Quick & easy to urderstand.

By David F W