Back to The Kennedy Half Century

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Kennedy Half Century by University of Virginia

When John F. Kennedy entered the presidential limousine at Love Field in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963, he began his ride into history. That journey continues even today and we call it the Kennedy legacy. This course will explore the Presidency, assassination, and lasting legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Students will learn how JFK’s life, administration, and tragic death have influenced the general public, the media, and each of the nine U.S. presidents who followed. Understanding the Kennedy legacy and being able to identify elements of his legacy within the context of modern politics helps understand many of the vexing problems that developed over the last half century as well as many of the challenges that confront us today. November 22, 1963 was so powerful a moment that in the fifty years since the assassination, every U.S. President that followed JFK has used Kennedy’s words and actions in an effort to craft their own political image. Why does Kennedy’s influence persist, and will it continue? What are the effects? We’ll address these questions and more as we explore The Kennedy Half Century. Follow on Twitter: @JFKclass....

JN

Jul 05, 2017

Larry Sabato is a true genius in political thought. Great realizing that he is fascinated by John Kennedy as I am. There was technical difficulty in Coursera realizing that I had finished the course.

KS

Oct 22, 2015

I really loved this class! Professor Sabato taught this class so eloquently and so well. I have studied the JFK Presidency and Assassination for years, and I loved learning more from this course.

26 - 50 of 110 Reviews for The Kennedy Half Century

By Mari S

Jan 05, 2016

I really thank this course, I've wanted to study about Kennedy for all my life. Taking this course, I was able to see Kennedy from the American eye, how he was seen in his days, etc. It was really an exciting course!

By Elizabeth R

Dec 31, 2015

Excellent. Informative. A real treat. Professor Sabato has compiled an engaging set of materials and offers a balanced insight into a half-century of Kennedy mystique. Worth doing the course twice in order to

By Ann M D

Feb 23, 2016

I found this very informative. The only negative comment was the amount of times Professor suggested students to read his book suggests that the motive of the course is to sell more copies of the book.

By JoAnne N

Jul 05, 2017

By Kelly S

By Jose R

Aug 29, 2017

Excellent course, taught in a very proactive way. You can tell that this is one of Dr. Sabato's favorite subjects. Way better than other history courses that I have taken. Congratulations!

By Charles O

May 13, 2020

Very well put together and presented. New information is provided even for us Boomers who grew up absorbing anything about the life, death and work of Kennedy.

Thank you very much.

By Olivia H

Jun 05, 2019

Thanks Larry Sabato you're a legend! This course helped me so much and I chose to do my A level history coursework on Kennedy and got a good mark, in part due to this. Loved it :)

By Bridgette B

Oct 22, 2015

This course is very good. I really am enjoying the insight. I have studied and read many books on the Kennedy's and I am happy with this class and the information provided.

By Lisa S

Dec 17, 2016

Extremely interesting and detailed look at a topic which has captured the imagination of my generation. Many thanks to Professor Sabato and his team

By Brooke M

Apr 11, 2016

Super informative. I love how the lectures are broken down and organized. Highly recommend this course to any JFk, history or political enthusiast!

By Mohamed G

Jun 04, 2018

Very resourcing course about half centery of USA history with the main actors president so influenced by legacy of legendary JFK .....enjoy it

By Bill L

Feb 26, 2017

A fantastic course on a subject that I have been interested in since experiencing JFK's assaination as a child. Thank you Dr. Sabato!

By Madeleine W

May 11, 2017

I absolutely loved this course. It was so interesting, I found myself racing through the lectures, because I wanted to find out more.

By Pamela W

Aug 14, 2015

Fantastic course. Fantastic teacher. Would recommend to anyone who wants to know a lot more about the Kennedy legacy.

By Dean J M

May 09, 2016

Clearly great content and multimedia in this course, and the story-telling method was very much enjoyable. 5 out of 5!

By Shirley K

Jul 17, 2020

great course! lots of great info, even though I grew up in Norfolk VA I had no clue JFK spoke at my high school

By Antonio F

Apr 28, 2020

Fantastic political and historian course, i've learned so much. It was a true pleasure to listen prof. Sabato.

By Beth Z

Feb 26, 2019

Loved this course. Would have appreciated a little less plugging of the professor's book though

By Angelo K

Feb 09, 2019

Loved the course! A must of everyone who would like to learn about the US President Kennedy!

By Juan P P d A

The course is very enjoyable. The figure of Kennedy is addressed in a very balanced way

By Julie C

Sep 04, 2015

Wonderful Course enjoyed every second and looking forward to reading your book

By Manuel L

Jul 27, 2020

Excelente curso para ir mas allá en la vida de Kennedy y entender su legado

By Dutch M G

Apr 26, 2020

Excellent. Professor was knowledgeable and well balanced in his approach.

By Clifton L