Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

AS
Dec 29, 2021

I enjoyed taking this course. Even though I don't like the peer-grading system in general, within this course it makes sense. It is always interesting to hear other people's opinions and experiences.

676 - 700 of 1,692 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Blakely C A

Mar 20, 2020

Loved it. Excellent historical review of Language teaching approaches. Very memorable.

By Ruaa B

Jan 17, 2020

So much fun and not boring one. I strongly recommend every teacher to enrol this course!

By aicha a

Nov 8, 2018

a great course and great instructors, thank you for this wonderful learning opportunity!

By Sandy A

Sep 22, 2017

This course is fantastic and so engaging! Dr. Shane and Ms Cinco are a true inspiration!

By Alysson C P

Jun 8, 2017

Great course design, team of teacher and all. One of the best I've found around the web!

By Fiona M

Apr 10, 2016

This course was exciting and very entertaining, while not being dumbed down. I loved it!

By ANURADHA B

Nov 24, 2021

It is a wonderful enriching journey which makes learning a joy and incentive in itself.

By Denis P

Mar 10, 2016

It was a great idea to create characters to give us an idea of each idea.

Thanks,

Denis P

By Dionne R

Jan 9, 2021

Very thorough overview of the history, concepts and techniques of language acquisition

Oct 27, 2020

I learned a lot. Thanks to Shane and Jessica. Both of them are incredible instructors!

By Mehrigul R

Sep 3, 2020

I like this course. It is very perfect. I learnt more about different teaching methods

By Sujeong K K

Dec 18, 2017

Thanks for the wonderful course! I look forward to getting the TESOL certificate soon!

By Ben M

Jul 2, 2017

A really well designed course that provides the fundamentals of a teacher's toolkit.

By Adekunle L

Jul 12, 2016

I would like to recommend this class for every language teacher. The class is amazing!

By Alexey K

Jun 4, 2016

Absolutely outstanding course rich with the materials and fun.

A wonderful combination!

By Арефьева А Б

I want to thank all educators for the course! It is very educational and wisely made!

By Nicole C

May 12, 2016

I love the videos and the teachers are so cool! I very much enjoy learning from them.

By Ivan V S

Aug 17, 2021

A​mazing course!!! Shane and Jessica are briliant!!! I've really enjoied the course!

By Yu L

Feb 23, 2021

I like it, it taught me so many teaching approach that I am not familiar with before

By Sitora V

Aug 18, 2020

Thank you for so much interesting and useful content! I will use them at my lessons.

By Ahmed A A A

May 22, 2020

it is just outstanding!

i have learnt a lot about teaching and it put me on the track

By Cihad C

Apr 13, 2020

As a candidate language teacher I've learned a lot about teaching approaches. Thanks

By Gunarti T

Dec 20, 2019

very well video presentation of the lectures, systematic and encouraging - thank you

By M D

Dec 19, 2019

Very helpful and enjoyed the entire course and exercises. Really learned a lot here

By Shay M

Dec 8, 2019

Excellent class. Loved the videos and information. Very informative and interesting.