Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

AS
Dec 29, 2021

I enjoyed taking this course. Even though I don't like the peer-grading system in general, within this course it makes sense. It is always interesting to hear other people's opinions and experiences.

701 - 725 of 1,692 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Svetlana I

Aug 3, 2019

A very powerful course with unique materials for vivid teaching practice! Thank you!

By Leslie B

Nov 18, 2018

A fantastic overview of the Theories used in the past up to today to teach language.

By Brian G

Jun 18, 2017

Great presentation. Especially using the devil/angel dialogue to contrast theorists.

By Paul J w

Nov 1, 2016

this is a wonderful course and very beneficial for improving English teaching skills

By MILDRED S G L

Nov 4, 2020

Thank you! But, I keep thinking that co evaluation it is not good in this course...

By chau c

Sep 2, 2020

This course have broaden my perspective of teaching. Thank all the teachers so much

By Joe S

May 14, 2018

Everyone can really appreciate the creative/informative way this course was taught!

By Lorena P

Jul 3, 2017

Excellent course. Tutors, methodologies, etc, are amazing. I recommend this course.

By Blyde O

Feb 28, 2017

I loved this course.It required a lot of concentration but was worth it at the end.

By Tran Q

Apr 5, 2021

I love this course! You'll learn past teaching methods and apply them for yourself

By Remzi B

Nov 20, 2020

I really enjoyed and learnt lots of techniques and strategies.

thanks for coaching.

By Yusupova M B

Aug 12, 2020

Great course!!!

I enjoyed it very much! Thanks for organising such amazing lessons!

By Nathanial G

Very interesting and thorough overview of the history of language teaching theory.

By Jason H

Jun 25, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, it had great informations. it was well worth my time.

By Fan W

Feb 4, 2019

Really nice course! Teachers demonstrate the approaches and theories really clear!

By Victor H F S

Sep 4, 2017

Excellent course. It is full of valuable information, and it is also a lot of fun!

By Gokcen D Y

Dec 9, 2015

This made a great start with the first week content. Hope better will come next :)

By Sofia S

Apr 16, 2021

Thank you a million for such a great representation and approach to each question

By Naeem A

Sep 18, 2019

Enjoying TESOL courses. learning here with awesome teachers is more than amazing!

By Kimberly C

Aug 24, 2019

excellent, interesting, kept my interest, very creative and important information

By cj 1

May 27, 2019

It was challenging though it was a very well built course not for taking it easy.

By Brittany N

Apr 2, 2021

Even better than the first one! The skits and characters add a lot to the class.

By Halide V M

Jan 16, 2021

it was an excellent experience! I have learned a variety of teaching approaches!

By Eleonor B T

Dec 12, 2020

The lessons are easy to understand. They are really presented in a creative way.

By 王晓菲

Oct 17, 2020

I've learned so much from this course of Theories of Second Language Acquisition