Back to A Law Student's Toolkit

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Law Student's Toolkit by Yale University

Whether you are an advanced law student looking to review the basics, or an aspiring law student looking for head start, this course will help you build the foundation you will need to succeed in law school and beyond. This course will introduce you to terminology, concepts, and tools lawyers and legal academics use to make their arguments. It will help you follow these arguments—and make arguments of your own. This course consists of a series of short lectures and assignments. A reading list complements each lesson, providing you with a roadmap to help you explore the subject matter more deeply on your own. Although the lessons may cross-reference each other, they are modular in nature: you should feel free to approach them in whatever order fits your schedule, interests, and needs....

HK
Mar 28, 2016

I enjoyed this course but you really need to have some legal background to get the most out of it. The assignments were worth the time they took and I learned a lot trying to grade my fellow students.

BB

A challenging and insightful course. The only downside is that it had to end. Excellent professor with engaging videos, in-depth analysis, peer graded assignments and just a good overall course.

76 - 100 of 340 Reviews for A Law Student's Toolkit

By Cyriac J

May 6, 2020

It was great time spending with this cource. It truely helped me in developing and purishing my skills and spending the time in an efficent and highly effective manner. Thanks!!!!

By Simren P

Oct 23, 2016

Went over many aspects of the law and learned a lot from helpful videos and reviewing what peers wrote. Just have to be careful that your peers do not copy and paste for answers.

By pallavi c

Aug 7, 2016

I'm an Indian lawyer going to the US to study LLM. This was so useful for me to understand how to think like a lawyer especially for an American law schoo. Thank you Professor

By Diptanshu K

Aug 10, 2020

Very very interesting course. I got to learn a lot of new things as well apart from the basic legal terminologies and will definitely recommend this course to my collegues.

By Augustine M

Oct 31, 2018

A Fantastic course for anyone wishing to study Law. I particularly Enjoyed the Lecturer's presentations, articulate concise,thorough and engaging. He makes Law come alive!

By M. C C

Jun 9, 2017

This is a very intense course that requires a great deal of reading. Well worth the energy. Very insightful and great information for the student interested in law.

By Peter C

Oct 17, 2017

Excellent introduction! This brings a lot of valuable tips, tricks and guidance to the student. I have to say this is the best course I have picked up so far.

By Odion C P I

Jul 8, 2018

Wonderful materials, highly resourceful, great lectures delivery by intelligent Professor. Look forward to pay it in anytime soon. BRAVO to the organizers!!!

By Gokul T

Jun 20, 2017

Justifies the title of the course. Equips you with a skill-set to understand and appreciate the law better. I believe, every Law student should do this.

By Alexey A

Jun 18, 2018

Absolutely amazing course, really balance with theory and practice, engaging professor!) MUST for all interested and studying Law. Thank you very much!

By 周世江

Nov 10, 2016

very good, but I don't understand why my class finished, and my scores showed on my document a few days and disappear until today? I mean this class.

By Deonne R M

Aug 10, 2017

Very knowledgeable professor. Well structured syllabus. Relevant legal examples. Easy to follow.

Too short, the course that is.

Well done Coursera

By Jan-Willem P

Jun 27, 2016

Fantastic, if you're a jurist or planning to become one. Even as a Non-American, I can greatly profit from the methodical approach by Prof. Ayres.

By daglie c

Jul 27, 2020

Um curso muito interessante, tras diversas reflexões e ferramentas que percebo realmente fazer diferença para os futuros estudantes de direito.

By Matheus I C N

Dec 26, 2016

This a wonderful course for law students, specially if the student have initiated your studies in another judicial system, like civil law.

By Raymond M I G

Jul 19, 2021

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Professor Ayres is "PALMARIUS".... (Latin) meaning "deserving of a palm" or in this case a major HIGH FIVE!!!

By abdulrahman a

Aug 15, 2020

It was a great course I enjoyed the assignments, yet I believe you need a legal background to fully understand this course.

By Long L

Aug 8, 2016

It's a very useful course for law students , indroduced many fundemental tools and ways to study . It's very useful for me.

By Alma

Mar 18, 2016

Great course! Lots of work but you learn soo much! Definitely recommend it to all potential law school hopefuls like me!

By Javier A S L

Mar 18, 2016

Really TOP Course! It is really useful even for an already Law graduate who wants an introduction to the American Law.

By Jeff P

Aug 24, 2018

Extremely Engaging. I would prefer not having mendatory assignment for audit students but it comes with the territory

By Vince J M

May 7, 2020

Great introductory and foundational course in preparation for law school.

Concise, intelligent, and very instructive!

By Nicholas F

Sep 19, 2016

The course was very interested , i learned a lot , the course allows me the ability to question matters of the Law .

By Maximiliano A Z

Aug 24, 2020

Mucho aprendizaje durante el curso, mucha lectura y amplitud en el panorama legal de los Estados Unidos de América.

By Nimish D

A very detailed oriented course which will really boost the learning capacity of a law student arsenal of knowledge