Back to Leadership Through Social Influence

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Through Social Influence by Northwestern University

This course will provide learners with a systematic general framework for analyzing persuasive influence situations. Learners will be able to identify different challenges faced by persuaders and to fashion appropriate strategies for addressing those challenges. The broad goal is to provide learners with not only an extensive persuasion tool kit, but also with an understanding of how different tools are useful in different situations. Specifically, the course will address four broad topics: strategies for influencing people’s personal attitudes; strategies for affecting social factors influencing behavior; strategies for affecting people’s perceived ability to undertake the desired behavior; and strategies for inducing people to act on their existing intentions....

DK
Jul 29, 2018

I found Professor O’Keefe's insights and his storytelling to be highly engaging. His videos helped me see new ways I can help my colleagues seize new opportunities to help our team. Thank you.

DA
Feb 2, 2016

Excellent, the entire presentation held together well. It built on itself and the result was a cohesive sense of understanding. This is how it's done, Northwestern. This is how it's done.

26 - 50 of 225 Reviews for Leadership Through Social Influence

By Ibeawuchi C U

Apr 28, 2020

This course has given me a better perception about how to become relevant in my organizations circle and most importantly i have learned outstanding ways of effective dialogue.

By Lisa S

Feb 22, 2016

Great course. I learned so much about influence and how it is manifest in the workplace. I also got skills in how to use influence to get ideas accepted and moved forward.

By Elvin S

Mar 17, 2020

Perfect! I was only going to complete first module but the way the teacher talked and explained everything in detail made me finish the entire course in less than 2 days.

By Mr. S K M

Oct 4, 2020

Excellent material. Most important for leaders and equally important for beginners in Corporate organizations. Grooms attitude, openness and behavioral success at work p

By ISHIMWE G F

Sep 26, 2020

Leadership through influencing social environment boosts up the expected outcomes as well as people know where to direct their efforts to achieve business objectives.

By Tiemo v H

h

o

u

g

h very different to the other cources in the organizational leadership module. It provides great insight and simultaneously gives a rich set of tools.

By Wendy B

Jul 2, 2019

The course is easy to understand and contain many examples. I like how the professor organized it in four blocks. It made the content easier to memorize.

By James T

Jul 3, 2019

Engaging lecturer, clear and concise definitions and strategies with good everyday examples. Highly recommend as a intro course to social influence!

By Zei R

Aug 17, 2020

Useful for both Innovators, Marketers and Leaders alike. Very practical information and tools that could be easily applied to different functions.

By Reinaldo A

Jul 22, 2018

Very interesting, straightforward and useful. I really enjoyed the learning which I will surely apply immediately on my professional activities.

By Rudi P

Feb 29, 2016

Thank you for all the great course resources you've made. Meanwhile I am a real person/ your student, please kindly verify my personal identity.

By Wang Z

Jul 29, 2018

A very inspiring course, not only providing a great toolbox for leaders, but also people who try to communicate and convince others.

By Karolina K

Feb 8, 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Simple but very useful steps to better negotiation. Will try to apply these in practice as soon as possible.

By Karim E F

Sep 25, 2020

Excellent course to the essentials. I liked the richness of the toolbox and the way it was explained with real life rich examples.

By Sonia B

Jun 4, 2020

Course was good. Helped to learn how to be a leader through social influence and gave tools to deal with social influence hurdles.

By DAVID B

Sep 21, 2020

Impressive course, I did not expect to learn so much, also leaves us with the intention of investigating more about the matter

By Elif Y

Oct 28, 2020

Well I loved every minute of this course.I enjoyed watching our teacher and learned several useful information.So thank you!!

By Malini A W

Oct 29, 2020

Professor Daniel O' Keefe did an amazing job with this course. It was engaging coupled with the right amount of examples!

By Fang S

Sep 6, 2016

This course is very helpful to understand how to influence ppl and what mistakes we usually did when try to persuade ppl.

By Parminder P

Jul 7, 2020

It's great course to understand different techniques to influence people's behaviors using tool taught in this course!!

By Nour A A

Jul 27, 2019

This course is excellent.The professor method in presenting the ser of tools and ideas is so interesting and capturing.

By Haseena K

Dec 6, 2018

Extremely concise and relevant material. Thank you for providing us the opportunity to learn while staying back at hoe.

By Hamza K

Oct 30, 2020

The course touches on some great topics that will align the student to practicing leadership through social influence

By Echedey L

Feb 4, 2017

Awesome course to understand how social influence works. A very good skill that now I have thanks to the teacher.

By PIOTR M

Mar 29, 2020

It was real pleasure to take part in the course. It is very relevant to teaching and sport coaching. Thank you!