Back to Leading Teams

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading Teams by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to build your team, improve teamwork and collaboration, and sustain team performance through continuous learning and improvement. Specifically, you will learn best practices for composing a team and aligning individual and team goals. You will also learn how to establish roles, build structures, and manage decision making so that your team excels. This course will also help you manage critical team processes such as conflict resolution and building trust that have a profound impact on your team’s performance. You will discuss some of the best ways to harness the productive potential of teams while mitigating the risks and traps of teamwork. In modern organization, most of work is done in teams, yet the results of teamwork are exceptionally mixed. Many teams are poorly designed and structured, fraught with dysfunctional conflict, experience coordination breakdowns and serious motivation challenges. As a result, many teams fail to realize their potential and frequently underperform even individuals working on similar tasks. After completing this course, you will acquire a set of tools and practices that enable you to effectively set up, run, evaluate, and continuously improve your team. Such insights will both make you a more effective team leader but also a standout contributor in team settings....

SP
Jul 20, 2020

This course was really very informative gave me lots of new idea. I decided to create a working environment of mutual trust and respect with my fellows. I recommend this course to my friends as well.

AN
Feb 3, 2016

Great course. Everything I learned is applicable to what I'm working on. Great insight and I would recommend it to anyone interested in trying to make their work more enjoyable and fulfilling.

26 - 50 of 325 Reviews for Leading Teams

By S.N.Sasikumar

Feb 19, 2016

Very Good Course, During my starting of the my carrier such course are conducted in-house HR Team, now all the course in on-line which help executives to do whenever we have find time we can watch the video and learn. It is an fantastic experience learning the course through On-line.

I love to study On-line course after doing the Coursera Course. Thanks to Coursera Team...

By Genny G

Mar 8, 2021

Gracias a los profesores por su explicaciones e investigaciones respectivas al tema, realmente es una gran herramienta para el liderazgo en los equipos, lo recomiendo 100% a los que quieren seguir aprendiendo en el mundo empresarial. Gracias Universidad de Michigan por estos espacios que agregan gran valor a la formación de las personas en el mundo.

By Victor D R L

Apr 7, 2021

This is a challenging course and specialization. If you follow the content and make notes be prepared to spend more than 4 weeks in course 4. There are many important details to look at. My experience in general was very good, one of the best set of courses I have done. If you approach this course with an empty mind you will enjoy it even more.

By Muhammad U

Feb 10, 2020

Leading Teams Course has greatly helped me to learn the concept of teams including team size, composition, team goals, team structures, managing team dynamics and finally how to set team for performance excellence. I am confident to apply these learnings and feeling more proactive in my approach towards teams. Thanks to our beloved teachers.

By Timothy S

Aug 2, 2017

I have gained a lot of insight after taking this course, and redirected my thinking after certain methods that I thought was correct was proven to be the opposite effect through studies. I would recommend this course for any aspiring managers and top level management for the basics of personnel management.

By Dmitry V

Sep 7, 2016

This course is most amazing in the specialization, I've learned a lot of very interesting and practical things — seems like knowledge is built up very well in the specialization and you end up truly enlighten. Thanks a lot to all people involved in it's creation, and to Maxim personally!

By Mate S

Jan 28, 2016

The instructor clearly knows what he is talking about, and is good at transmitting that knowledge. Great course overall.

Feedback to the creators: the graphs about the research results presented are not very precise and could be more scientific. PDF links to the papers would be nice.

By Petra D

Jun 30, 2017

Very inspirational and practival for unexperienced leaders. The course gave me a lot of reassuration for the direction I decided to go, to create a working environment of mutual trust and respect with my collegues. I can trully recommend this course for thoughtful young leaders!

By Vidhumouli H

Sep 23, 2018

All the courses are well packaged with reasonable amount of research work, experts opinions, to the point. The tests are well planned and the assignments are well thought through. Thoroughly enjoyed and cherish learning and able to apply the learning in day to day work.

By Mr. A A

Sep 5, 2017

This course has jolted me to consciousness. Everyday of my work life, I have been involved in some form of leadership role without knowing it.But this I have come to know now. Henceforth. I shall be more organised and professional about it. Thanks to the LEADING TEAMS!

By Vivian C

Apr 23, 2019

Fabulous. I enjoy studying leadership and this isa great course. I've already been able to put some of the lessons learned into place. I found this specialization and at the end (Course 4) but am looking forward to completing the first 3 segments as well.

By Catherine J

May 8, 2020

What I most appreciated as a student was that as each concept was presented thoroughly, there was a solution also presented that I could utilize. I didn't feel like I was only marinating in theory. These were things I could use right away. Thank you!

By Milan M

Dec 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and the overall specialization. Both instructor Scott and Maxim shared very valuable knowledge, skills, and experience.

For anyone who is looking to become a Leader, I would recommend this course and specialization.

By Yakov K

Jan 18, 2016

I really enjoyed the course. the instructors were both great.

excellent idea to involve commentary from finance and sport sector - it was very interesting!

i also really liked some of the links such as the Office series. All in all great!

By Kinjal D

Oct 7, 2019

Excellent course - if you are either leading a team or looking to set up one. Look no further - the conceptual framework in this course is very pragmatic and will help immensely in setting up and running a happy, high performing team.

By Michal M

Mar 23, 2016

Course was in some way inspirational. I've found a few ideas from the course revealing (eg. is the brain stormig effective?) . I can honestly recommend this course for people who want to develop business skills on Leading Teams.

By Deepak S

Feb 11, 2016

This is an excellent course. So much concept to learn and also build confidence in practices that one is following currently. I would highly recommend this to any leader who wants to build high performing teams.

By Brent W

Jun 3, 2016

I took this course as part of the Specialization. I wish I could put all the directors, VPs, and EVPs through this specialization. The tools, case studies, and resources alone make it worth the time and money.

By Hammam Y

Sep 11, 2019

I definitely recommend this course for anyone interested in Leading Teams. I would go over the course and the material as much as it needs to have it as part of my spontaneous thinking process in this regard.

By Franck

Jun 21, 2016

This is one of the best courses I have taken. Scott and Maxim are very eloquent, incorporate lots of materials, studies, and practical approaches to leading a successful team, and I truly enjoyed this course.

By Nicholas T

Feb 28, 2021

I learned a lot. Much of the information was couterintuitive. So I learned that doing some things the exact opposite way I would have done them otherwise would yield better results. Very informative course.

By Claudia A

Jan 19, 2016

This course really gives you the insights of leading groups. It's one of the best courses of leadership that I have done so far. It provides an excellent balance between general concepts and application.

By Carlos A V Z

Jun 20, 2020

Me encantaron los temas y las nuevas ideas que puedo poner en práctica. Iniciando con el manejo de conflictos. Así también me parece excelente haber recibido información de distintos ponentes.

By Worlanyo D

Nov 22, 2020

The leading teams course was a thought provoking and informative course. The insights shared were relevant to the progression of leadership especially in this 21st century.

By Cinthya P F D l P

Sep 20, 2020

A very concise and precise course. It guides you through team management and there is plenty of reflection and sharing to be able to adapt the content to your own teams.