Back to First Step Korean

Jan 6, 2018

251 - 275 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Francesco T

Feb 22, 2020

In this course I learnt a lot of interesting things about a language so difficult as the Korean one. The teacher Seung Hae Kang has always been clear and good in her teachings and explanations. I'm more curious about the "Korean world" now, and as I found other courses about Korea on "Coursera", I'll start another one as soon as possible.

Many thanks to Seung Hae Kang and, clearly, thanks to "Coursera" too!

By Mashe D

May 21, 2021

Me pareció super práctico en la manera que integra el contenido en diálogos y se puede ir uno familiarizando con la pronunciación y las palabras que va aprendiendo cada semana en las lecciones, el valioso aporte que entrega con el vocabulario, diferencia en los sonidos, en cuanto a los test el sistema de audio me pareció excelente. Muy agradecida por enseñar y acercarnos al idioma coreano. Muchas gracias.

By Keyla O

Jun 28, 2020

When I started I have no idea about Korean language, but now that I've finished the course I get pretty nice writing and listening skills, I'm also be able to speak and read, at least a little (the basics), but It will improve with the practice and time. I know It will help me in future. I'm really grateful with Yonsei University for allowing us learn and for teaching us a bit of Korean culture. 고맙습니다! <3

By Ayush K

Jan 13, 2022

A wonderful experience and a handy course. The fundamentals taught in this course were helpful. The lecturers are great with a very nice way of interacting. This course exceeded my expectations! It is extremely well-planned with engaging materials. What impressed me the most about this course is the quality of the videos. It was an awesome experience for me in improving my Korean language as a beginner.

By Jasmine J

Aug 28, 2020

Overall, a brilliant course and First Step into learning Korean. I loved the lesson and the availability of the worksheets, however particles and vocabulary were often added with a only brief explanation of them. I would have liked a bit longer sessions to practice the new or additional information, rather than just repeating the new phrases to better help them stick. Thank You for making this available!

By Rasika M K

Oct 9, 2020

I already had my basics but this course made it more clear and now I can confidently talk about my daily life and converse. I'm even able to differentiate words that I learned here while watching dramas, movies, or listening to songs. It's a complete basic course and your should go through it absolutely so you can advance further in the language. Hope you will enjoy the course and learn something new ^^

By Priyanka S

Jun 13, 2020

Absolutely loved the course. Perfect for beginners. Practice is key definitely in learning any language and Korean is no different. I have learnt so much from this course. Totally recommend it to anyone trying to learn this language. Thank you so much. Also I m really grateful for all the mentors who would answer all the queries in the discussion forums promptly. Really appreciate it. Thank you so much.

By Marianne O

Oct 27, 2020

Personally, enrolling a language online course is more helpful than self-studying because when I'm studying alone I only tend to write and memorize without really applying it and practicing the pronunciation and stuff. Secondly, the teacher is really good at teaching. The lessons are also at normal pace. I recommend everyone who wants to learn Korean to enroll to this! Thank you for the fruitful month!

By Victoria S

Jun 18, 2020

너무 너무 감사합니다!!!

I knew some Korean before taking this class so I wanted to take this course and see how much I knew, this course has helped me with some grammar and a lot of vocabulary also it has encouraged me to learn more and more about this beautiful language. I think with a lot of hard work I could at least understand sentences and read without the necessity of look into the dictionary all the time.

By asfaari r

Jun 24, 2017

Thank you very much seon saeng nim, I have learnt so many basic knowledge about Korean language, and it was very interesting. I was enjoying the lecturer so much. The lesson has been taught in very good way. I could understand the material very easily. Hopefully I could learn more about Korean language and become a fluent Korean speaker one day.. Thank you so much for your great lesson seon saeng nim..

By Kemly O C

Jul 30, 2016

Excelente curso y ampliamente recomendado. Gracias a las bases que he aprendido con "First Step Korean" y al apoyo de buenos amigos coreanos que he conocido online, puedo mejorar y poner en práctica los conceptos. Agradezco la oportunidad de aprender las bases del idioma coreano y la introducción a una nueva cultura. En el futuro, espero participar de nuevos cursos impartidos por la Universidad Yonsei.

By Gopika G

Oct 29, 2020

I got to learn the language, it's pronunciation and a how to start a friendly conversation in Korean language through this course. The tests where challenging enough, and I am pretty sure, with a proper continuous practice, I could be fluent as well as learn more of the language. Thank you for helping me learn this language as well as for encouraging me to dwell into it even after the course is over.

By Tram N

Jul 26, 2020

The materials are clear and easy to follow. The course teaches me some basic ways to make a conversation in Korean. Also, there are a lot of vocabulary to learn from in this course. Of course, not all Korean vocab is here, but it's helpful to learn quite a bit from this course alone. Would highly recommend for beginners wanting to get a first glimpse of Korean language. I really enjoy the course !!

By Dhanushka E

Feb 21, 2020

I am addicted to watch Korean tv series and its impressed me to learn Korean language, when I joined this program I know some of the words such as unni, oppa, harapuji and so and so on, when I started this course it drive me to the real world and I really engaged with this, and I need to thank Professor to teach the lesson in a way in which we can clearly understand, thank you so much. Kamsahamnida

By Tarissa A Y

Aug 18, 2021

​I consider myself as a not-so-beginner Korean language learner but this course helps me a lot learning the details! I learn Korean mostly from Korean drama and variety shows so I learn a lot about informal languages, but in this course I really learn from the basic things in formal language. I love this course so much! I also want to study in Yonsei University in 2023, hahaha. 정말 고맙습니다 강승해교수님! ^^

By bryce g

Apr 11, 2021

i really liked this course and it gives you good thorough explanations to grammar structures. it may move a little fast for some but that's because of the 5 week span of basic korean. this is very good with helping you develop you vocab as well as improving your pronunciations. an important is that this course goes over more formal polite korean. overall great course and would recommend to people!

By Phoebe R L

Aug 14, 2020

Thank you for this course. I am able to understand sentence construction of Koreans. Also I may be able to understand some of the words from the vocabulary of this course and use it in a simple Korean sentence. I am confident that I may be able to create sentences when in a basic Korean conversation with my co-students. I hope Yonsei will provide more courses like this to help us to develop more.

By Tung

Apr 12, 2016

FSK was well designed with clear explanation and relevant examples. This course is good for beginners, to those who are new to Korean and only know some Korean words though its dramas or musics. I hope to see the Second Step Korean course (or higher courses) from Yonsei in the coming months. Thanks professor and the course team for your hard work in getting this course up and running on Coursera!

By Sandy B

Mar 15, 2021

Aprendí bastante rápido, aunque me gustaría que añadieran vocabulario. La estructura del lenguaje me quedó en mi mente. Puedo leer, escuchar y entender coreano básico. ¿Recomiendo el curso? Sólo si quieres aprender a llevar conversaciones cotidianas y aprender la gramática y las reglas gramaticales. Si vas en un nivel avanzado de coreano donde ya dominas esto, entonces este curso no es para ti.

By Angel B

Nov 28, 2020

I loved the classroom style lectures, it really helped me to focus and take learning Korean more seriously. While there are PDFs for the course notes, I really suggest writing out your own notes as well because it has helped me to memorize things better, plus my Korean handwriting is becoming much more natural this way. I've been recommending this course to everyone who wants to learn Korean!

By M 1

Jun 25, 2020

Este es un curso realmente bueno, me ayudó mucho a conocer más vocabulario en Coreano e incluso me ayudó a leer un poco más, me encanta.

Lo único es que hay clases que no tienen subtitulos en español, para mi no fue difícil por que también hablo inglés, pero pueden haber personas que no entiendan el inglés por lo tanto les va a costar más avanzar, pero por todo lo de más es excelente este curso

By Cheryl T H

Jun 6, 2020

Thank you Coursera and Yonsei University for putting this First Step Korean lessons together. The lessons were easy to understand and complete. It helped me to better understand the vocabulary, sentence structure and pronunciation. Thank you so much for Professor Kang who worked hard to explain each lesson. I really appreciate everyone's hard work to present such an amazing On Line class.

By Sarah A A

Jun 20, 2020

It really is clear and very helpful for first-time Korean learner as it gives the basic of Korean language and gives a foundation in understanding the language. Classes are clear, we get all parts needed in studying a language. Reading, Speaking, Listening, and also Writing (by practicing ourselves using the review session). I look forward to more advanced classes and is excited to take them!

By Iosephf E M S

Jun 21, 2018

Este curso es perfecto para una iniciación al idioma coreano, sin embargo es muy importante el estudio por tu cuenta para no quedar rezagado durante el mismo.En lo personal, es un curso para principiantes con un leve conocimiento del hangul, considero que es necesario un estudio previo acerca del hangul para evitar confusiones en la pronunciación de sílabas, a su vez, de palabras y oraciones.

By marco a v

Aug 27, 2020

Fue un curso diferente y hermoso de realizar mediante este curso comprendí y aprendí varios puntos del idioma y del país de Corea, es agradable poder aprender más de una cultura y más aún si es través de su idioma siendo esto uno de los mejores cursos de idioma o de mi misma área de aprendizaje que he cursado hasta ahora, gracias por brindarnos este y por hacer que sea gratis Gracias. 감사합니다.