Back to First Step Korean

Jan 07, 2018

251 - 275 of 1,864 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Sanjukta B

Nov 30, 2017

Very helpful course for beginners. Acquiring pronunciation skills may take time, but I can definitely say that I can identify Hangul characters and can read the words formed. Thank you Professor Kang and Coursera!

By Tony L

Aug 26, 2017

This class is definitely more than I expected. Especially the first a few weeks when explaining the origin of Korean language, it really helps me to better understand the meaning and the construction of the words.

By MARABAL A

Oct 23, 2019

Very interesting lessons taught by an experimented trainer who has very good pedagogical skills. I had some basic notions in Korean, but I hope that these lessons would help me to improve my Korean.

Gomapseumnida!

By Laura V

Jul 13, 2019

Love the course, The professor explains all the materials in easy ways to understand. I'm going to Korea soon and I feel way more prepared than I was before! Highly recommend for those who want to start learning.

By Evelyn J A G

May 29, 2018

Me ha sido de muy buena ayuda este curso!!

He aprendido mucho!

Muchas gracias por ofrecer este curso gratuito y por la buena calidad de enseñanza...

Espero ir pronto a Corea y poner en practica todo lo aprendido..!!

By Wang Z

Oct 10, 2016

Very useful contents, I have learned a lot of Korean vocabularies and expressions from this course. Thank you very much professor Kang, and thanks for the platform that Yonsei University and Coursera has offered

By Mercedes L

Oct 08, 2017

I'm at the middle of the course, and I went from knowing absolutely nothing, to differentiating vowels, consonants, greeting and introducing myself, I can't wait to finish the course and continue learning Hangul

By Judith D

Mar 06, 2017

I am so glad that I learned a lot from this course. Very helpful for those who want to learn Korean language. Thumbs up for Yonsie University and coursera.org for having this kind of lectures. Thank you so much.

By Jenny T

Oct 23, 2017

It is very helpful, but sometimes I feel confused after learning a lesson for the first time. This is due to having the video move on so quickly. However, it is very helpful if I review and practice constantly.

By Anna B

Sep 20, 2019

Easy to follow, descriptive. Very helpful! I recently understood a fluent Korean speaker saying he woke up at 7:00 that morning, and was able to respond, only being halfway through the last week of the course.

By Casey H

May 03, 2019

Prof.Kang taught clearly and her pronunciation is precise. Highly recommend to beginner. But after class U should put a plenty of time on practice to conversance the vocabulary and grammar. Thank you Prof.Kang

By Alba C

Apr 17, 2019

Es un curso bastante completo, explican toda despacio y detalladamente, es fácil de comprender y aprender, da el conocimiento necesario para tener una base en el idioma y poder llevar una conversación sencilla

By Vanessa G P

Jul 22, 2018

It was a very good introduction to the Korean language and helped reinforce things that I had already knew. I really enjoyed the videos and the pace of the course.

I would highly recommend the course to anyone.

By Christian M S T

Mar 27, 2020

By far one of the best courses I've ever attended. It would be great if the courses taught other aspects of the language such as past tense and future tense. I liked the way information was delivered, though.

By Zoubaida A

May 10, 2017

This course gives you a good foundation to build on and combines all aspects of learning the language, from listening practice, to speaking, reading and writing. It teaches essential basics of korean grammar.

By Abril A G

Apr 04, 2020

Fue un curso muy bueno para reforzar mis conocimientos ya adquiridos, pero creo que para alguien que quiera aprender coreano desde cero está muy bien. Los ejercicios con audio me parecieron de gran utilidad.

By Megan B

Dec 13, 2016

Really nice lessons, helpful handouts, and quizzes that make me feel like I am improving bit by bit instead of just studying to pass. If you're interested in beginning Korean, I really recommend this course!

By Tammi H G

Nov 24, 2016

Thank you Professor for this helpful learn. Though I already learnt Basic Korean but since it's been a long time ago, now I feel like refreshing this course. I hope there will be next part of Korean course.

By TIANJIAO X

Jan 21, 2018

The content is very suitable for beginner of Korean language and culture. I learned Korean by myself some years ago and I used this course mainly for review. The exercise and the material are very helpful.

By Perla

Jun 08, 2017

Es un curso bastante interesante, con mucho vocabulario y actividades que permiten el aprendizaje del idioma coreano. Me gusto bastante y me divertí mucho; por lo cual me gustaría que hubiera un curso dos.

By Sweetha G

Jul 30, 2016

For all K-pop and K-drama fans,

This course is the best portal to understand everyday korean, read hallyu star names, drama air dates and even write your own name! What are you waiting for? Get started!! :)

By Daniel F

Apr 21, 2016

I am giving this course a 5 star rating because it is a well structured course where everything builds on previously taught lessons and the material is presented in such a way that it is easily understood.

By Rana R L

Mar 25, 2019

i like this course so much.

Have alot of words and conversations.

I undersant a lot of things that i was hearing from korean drama i wasn't know waht the difference between words that looks like each other

By Кокорина Н

Sep 17, 2018

It's really a very helpful course. A lot nuances of korean grammar and pronanciation became clear to me. And the teatcher is absolutely charming! Thank you so much! I hope the next level will follow =)