Back to First Step Korean

May 02, 2017

351 - 375 of 5,218 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Charissa F

May 12, 2020

Very informative and easy to understand. The lessons were broken down into manageable sections which were easy to complete on time. It was nice having a Korean speaker so that I could hear the sounds as opposed to just reading what I thought they were supposed to sound like.

By Michelle A C

Aug 13, 2020

This is a very helpful course for learning basic Korean language. The simple conversation parts on the start of every lesson were very useful and the Review segments to culminate each week's lesson were also beneficial. I'm looking forward in learning more of this language!

By Anna J F

Jul 03, 2020

This is a good course for people who wants to learn the basics of Korean language. Seonsaengnim is really good in explaining everything. I have learned a lot and remembered everything that was taught. I hope you'll offer more financial aid for your Korean language courses.

By Sanjana G

Jun 18, 2020

This course is very helpful for the beginners who want to learn Korean.It covers from the vowels and consonants to reading and writing basics and basic conversation that one might need to survive in Korea

loved the course and would definitely recommend it to the beginners

By Yajaira H

Jun 15, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! The teacher was very detailed and through in her explanations so I was able to grasp the material of every lesson with more precision. The transcript at the bottom of each video was also helpful as were the handouts that came with every lesson.

By Megan V

I really liked the format of this course and how they gave you multiple practices in the videos to enhance your learning. I also liked how they brought back some concepts from previous lessons to later ones so that you do not forget the most important structures in Korean.

By thyasha p

Jul 13, 2020

this course really helpful to the ones who are willing to learn korean and this makes the basic really well. I'm really thankful to instructor seung hae kai and I appreciate cousera because of this great opportunity. This is an amazing course.

truthfully,

student thyasha.

By Сидорова О В

Jun 12, 2020

Очень приятная и удобная подача информации для начинающих. Если определенный уровень корейского языка уже имеется, здесь для Вас ничего нового, скорее всего, не будет, но для закрепления материала вполне может сойти.

Спасибо большое за этот вводный курс в корейский язык!

By Leong S

A.P Seung Hae Kang teaching was superb! Would definitely recommend taking this module! It would be good to add more content e.g. how to count ages in Korean and have the pronunciations of the korean words together with the korean characters in this module too! Thank you!

By Inês M C

I´ve always wanted to learn korean and this course was very, very helpful! Professor Kang Seung Hae explains everything very well and the lessons are easy to understand. I´m now able to read/ write and understand hangeul because of this magnific course.

감사합니다 강승혜 선생님 !!!

By flory r

Jun 30, 2019

This is an incredible course. The professor explains very well each module. You learn not only the way korean is written/spoken but also you get some background on why it is that way. The way it’s explained makes it easy and fun to learn. I’ve definitely learned a lot 👏

By Sanjana M

Oct 13, 2017

I absolutely loved every step of this course. I took it one day at a time. Although I admit I still need to practise, i can read and understand Korean now. Now I need to learn more words and sentences to speak Korean fluently. Thank you so much, Professor Seung Hae Kang.

By Ana A

Nov 21, 2016

Love this course!

I began this course at level zero and now I’ve be able to read and speak the language at a beginner’s level. I love to see Korean dramas and now I’m able to understand a lot of what they say. I hope the university develops a second part for this course.

By Stacy D

May 23, 2020

I loved this class so much! I have been trying to learn Korean for a while now and finally bumping into this class nudged me to finally learn it. It might be a bit tedious and require lots of effort, but what language doesn't?.. I Highly recommend this class, Good-luck!

By Octaviana H

Thank you for the free course for a limited time due to the pandemic! I learned the essentials and all the materials were explained clearly! It might be hard if someone learns this without learning hangeul first on the first week, but trust me in the end it is worth it!

By Josselyn M

Mar 29, 2020

Great course to start learning the Korean language. You will learn the alphabet which will allow you to read and write in Korean. You will also learn basic vocabulary, expressions and grammar structures. The instructor and the materials are very helpful. Amazing course!

By Esther M

Aug 04, 2020

Muchas gracias por ayudarme el curso me ayudo mucho aunque me falta practicar ahora puedo entender mejor el idioma. Pasé de solo ver líneas y bolitas cada ves que veía un escrito en coreano a poder leerlo. MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS COURSERA Y MUCHISISMAS GRACIAS MAESTRA KANG.

By Mónica S M R

Jul 15, 2020

¡Excelente curso! Muy fácil de aprender y practicarlo. Muy buena profesora y excelentes explicaciones. Felicidades y muchas gracias.

Excellent course! Very easy to learn and practice. Very good teacher and excellent explanations. Congratulations and thank you very much.

By ITA Y P L

Jun 30, 2020

Un curso muy bien adaptado para aprender y entender, adquieres una correcta pronunciación. A pesar de que no domino el inglés, la Instructora se le entiende muy bien, por lo que sin duda alguna aprender a leer, pero sobre todo en poder entablar una conversación fluida.

By Catalina M C S

Jun 12, 2017

realmente fue un curso muy interesante, ameno, con buenos ejercicios, buena explicación de parte de la profesora... en fin, ahora puedo agregar mas palabras a mi vocabulario coreano, solo resta de mi parte practicar mas y mas la escritura y la pronunciación.

¡ 고맙습니다 !

By Kelly f

Nov 19, 2016

Was the maximum because it was a challenge for me because I do not know much English and I almost could not understand it since it was Spanish but it was a challenge for me to read and listen to English besides doing evaluations in English so I am very happy about this

By Inessa S

+ Well done videos and notes altogether

- The quizes were quite easy. I have missed 'all-together' quiz with 아요, 와요, 해요 and others.

- It was not clear for me at first, that all these endings are for present tense. Or aren't they?! Still not sure.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)

By Brianna L

Jul 25, 2017

This course is very easy to follow and I've learned a lot! I would recommend it to someone who is learning Korean and wants a good basis for understanding the language as it is spoken and written. I feel more confident continuing my learning after taking this course.

By Wickramasinghe M P K N W

Jul 08, 2020

This course is really helpful for those who learning Korean language by them self and it's really easy to understand and the lecturer explain so clearly and i learned so many new words. thank you so much Yonsei University Korea for giving this valuable opportunity.