Chevron Left
Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

4.9
stars
38,635 ratings
9,961 reviews

About the Course

This is an elementary-level Korean language course, consisting of 5 lessons with 4 units, and covers 4 skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The main topics include basic expressions used in everyday life, such as greetings, introducing yourself, talking about your family and a daily life and so on. Each lesson covers dialogues, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, quizzes and role-plays. After completing this course, you will be able to 1. read and write Korean alphabet. 2. communicate in Korean with basic expressions. 3. learn basic knowledge on Korean culture. It’s fun and easy to follow! Enjoy it!...

Top reviews

AT
Jun 7, 2017

Professor Kang is really nice and she guides me through every lesson with detailed explanation and dedication. I enjoy learning the course and I believe this is a very good choice for Korean beginners

AP
Aug 27, 2021

I have learned so much and I really enjoyed learning this beautiful language. I know that I will learn to speak and read with lots of practice and perseverance. Thank you so much for this opportunity!

Filter by:

351 - 375 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Dalia M

Feb 17, 2021

Excelente curso para principiantes del idioma. Muy bien explicado y con ejercicios complementarios de cada lección para practicar siempre que lo necesites. Otra cosa que me gusto mucho es que se cuenta con explicación de la pronunciación y así poder avanzar en ese punto.

Me encantaría se hiciera un curso más largo con los siguientes niveles del idioma.

By Karina M M C

Jan 29, 2019

Muchas gracias por este maravilloso curso, puede aprender muchas cosas acerca de la escritura coreana y reforzar mis conocimientos acerca del idioma, agradezco nuevamente por permitirme tomar este curso y mejorar mis habilidades.Espero que sigan haciendo este tipo de cursos y niveles más avanzados como con conversación y actividades cotidianas. Gracias

By Alliah J A

May 16, 2021

As a full beginner in Korean Language, I tried many ways before to study it but I just learn simple sentences and phrases such as hello and how are you. Thank you Yonsei University for making this course. I'm a junior high school student and dreaming to study in South Korea for my collage, maybe I've become your student soon. Please remember me- Allie

By Ekta R

Dec 12, 2020

First of all a very big thanks of Professor Kang. It was so great to have her as my teacher, I learnt a lot from her.

They way she was teaching was so easy to understand and very informative as well.

I was so happy through out this course.

I am so much into Korean culture and their language. I hope I get to learn more deeply about that.

Thank You So Much

By Norelly J G B

Jun 27, 2018

El mejor curso de coreano que he tenido en mi vida, es muy bueno para aquellos que lo quieran aprender o que no encuentran un curso en línea para aprender desde la comodidad de sus casa, este curso es demasiado bueno.La maestra es muy buena con una gran experiencia para enseñar el idoma coreano. Sumamente el mejor curso de coreano que existe en linea

By Dulce M

May 24, 2021

Este curso me gusto mucho y me pareció bastante completo, comenzando desde lo mas básico hasta cosas un poco mas avanzadas. Me ha ayudado muchísimo, aunque en las ultimas clases los subtítulos que eran en español, estaban en inglés, así que eso seria un punto a revisar. Pero en cuestión de contenido todo perfecto, muy recomendado, ¡gracias por todo!

By Dora R

Aug 4, 2020

Annyeong Haseyo,

I loved the class, although I found it a bit challenging, but I know that with practice I will get better. I will continue on the journey to be able to speak and understand the Korean language. Many thank you to Prof. Seung Hae Kang for all her hard work so that I could learn the basics. I look forward to leaning more. Gamsahamnida

By Lindsay G

Mar 18, 2017

Wonderful course! This class really helps you grasp the basics of Hangul and teaches several phrases and a little bit of grammar. I definitely recommended this class for anyone who wants to start learning to speak and read Korean. I will be signing up for the next course and continuing my Korean education! Thank you for offering such a great course!

By Alberti M

Jul 24, 2020

I really loved how everything was divided into sections and explained one at a time. Also, the pace is quite slow so you, as a beginner, can follow easily. For visual learners there are images which help you memorize faster and the listening part in the quizzes it's really clear. Thank you so much for this course, I really learned so many things!

By Consuelo E T

Nov 26, 2020

For a beginner like me, I find First Step Korean an effective tool in learning basic Korean. The lessons are practical and useful in everyday life. They are presented in a way that is easy to follow and understand. That makes learning interesting and fun. I hope to be able to practice what I've learned and be conversational in the language soon.

By Puji P R

Nov 7, 2020

This course has helped me to understand the basic of Korean Language. Since this is for the first learner, I think the curriculum team has been successful made the course to be very organized and neat. I am enjoying how the instructor can explain the course very clear. I wish there will be more course like this for intermediate and advanced level.

By Ion D D L

Oct 3, 2020

Excelente curso para introducirse en el idioma coreano y practicar lectura y conversación. El formato de cada clase hace que el estudiante mantenga el interés constante en seguir avanzando y aprendiendo. Una vez lo terminas sientes que puedes mantener una conversación simple pero fluida hablando en coreano. ¡Muchas gracias a la Universidad Yonsei!

By Saeeda A

Sep 7, 2020

The course content was very structed and easy to follow, both visually with the format of the videos and readings and the content itself. It's always difficult to learn a language, and the layout of the course and the way the instructor spoke made everything easy to follow, and the more complicated aspects of the course were really well explained!

By Arifa T R

Aug 19, 2020

I am grateful to Coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn Korean language.Learning Korean was so much fun that I've finished my course very fast.Now I can understand basic Korean words and phrase.Thank you Professor Seung Hae Kang for teaching us so nicely with patience.I want to say thanks to Yonsei University for providing your support.

By Gemma M

Dec 5, 2019

Great for total beginners or those who have little knowledge (or confidence) in korean. If you already have an understanding of basic korean, like myself, then you may find it slightly easier than others. Short lectures but very informative. Forums are very helpful! You learn very useful basic words/phrases. Makes the grammar easier to understand.

By Stella M

Jul 5, 2021

Me encantó llevar el curso, la profesora explica muy detalladamente cada módulo, las fichas son excelentes. Lo único que rogaria es que hubiera subtítulos en espanol, para los que manejan el inglés les sera más facil. Pero para los que sabemos little bit del idioma, pues repasaremos y reforzaremos cosas también del inglés. Por lo demás satisfecha

By Siti R S B

Apr 13, 2021

thank you for the learner I like it and really enjoy it during the learning process, I am more motivated to improve my learning methods so that I can study directly at Yonsei University, hopefully one day I can study on that campus. thank you for the knowledge and material that is very easy to understand. thanks for all greetings from Indonesia.

By Frida

Oct 5, 2020

This was my first time taking an online language course and I loved it! Thank you so much Professor Seung Hae Kang for teaching this course and thank you for the material you offered me so I could study and use it for my quizzes. I really enjoyed learning a different language than the ones I already speak and I am excited to learn more Korean! 💜

By Eboni P

Aug 23, 2020

I wish there was a part 2 of this course. I learned so much that I want to keep going. This course takes you from a very beginner to having a very decent grasp and understanding of the language and how to use it. From all the super expensive Korean courses I have taken, this one is the most concise to get you speaking faster. I highly recommend!!

By Jennifer H

Sep 1, 2019

Well structured and organised. I didn't feel like I needed any other resources or background knowledge to finish this course. I'm actually quite surprise of how much I learned in only a couple of weeks of these short lessons. I only wish there were more exercises to practice with, but overal very happy with the course. Would definitely recommend!

By Elizabeth J

Sep 27, 2020

El curso esta muy bueno, aprendí mucho, te enseña bien la gramática, escuchas y practicas con conversaciones naturales y te dan vocabulario de se usan en el día a día, lo mejor de todo es que lo puedes ajustar a tu horario ya que las clases están disponibles en cualquier momento y puedes verlas cuantas veces quieras. Me encanto muchas gracias.

By SHRUTI J

Jul 5, 2020

The course content is properly divided into modules and the lectures and notes are very helpful in understanding core concepts.The discussion forums were active and the moderators helped us whenever we were stuck.It was an awesome experience and I had a lot of fun learning this new language.Professor Kang was an awesome teacher. Thankyou so much

By Tran T T H

Feb 1, 2021

I want to show my great gratitude to my teacher, and for this course. Thanks to this precious chance, I can learn basic Korean. Now I can read the language, I will keep loving and learning Korean until one day I can visit your country. During this hard time (covid-19), I hope that you and your family will be safe and healthy. Thank you so much.

By Akhdan M

Jul 27, 2020

Definitely interesting course. Got so much knowledge about Korean Hangeul and culture as well, especially for me as beginner to Korean language. The materials delivered clearly though the presenter quite seemed not interesting, but it doesn't really matter. This course is totally recommended! Thank you Mrs. Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!