Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

AN

AP
Aug 27, 2021

I have learned so much and I really enjoyed learning this beautiful language. I know that I will learn to speak and read with lots of practice and perseverance. Thank you so much for this opportunity!

9151 - 9175 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Yanela G P

May 7, 2017

El curso me ha parecido muy ilustrativo y he aprendido mucho con él. Es la primera vez que estudio este idioma y me ha sido bastante sencillo seguir las clases, eso se debe a que las explicaciones son muy claras. Por el único motivo que no le doy las cinco estrellas es porque a partir de la semana 4 los subtitulos pasaron a estar en inglés en vez de español. Por lo demás un curso excelente.

By Chloe C

Oct 10, 2021

This course is great for learning basic Korean. I found that I understood the course content much easier when I also studied independently as well. I would advise learning Hangul and some basic vocab before starting the course. I felt much more able to engage with the content when I had some basic knowledge as the course moves quickly from the very basic to more complex sentence structures

By Gatiana Z T

Jul 26, 2021

Solo le doy cuatro estrellitas ya que los últimos vídeos a pesar de que los tenia con la opción de sustitutos en espanol aparecían en ingles así que se me hizo un poco mas complicado de entender, a pesar de eso el curso es muy bueno. Espero poder sacar el certificado mas adelante, muchas gracias por darme la oportunidad de vivir esta experiencia, me gustaría aprender mas.

Muchas Gracias!!

By Tara J

Jul 30, 2021

Sometimes new words are taught but they do not get included into the new vocabulary list in the lesson's worksheet. I had to go back to a few videos to find the words and write them down in the PDF. Other than that, I really enjoyed this course and I learnt so much than I ever could or would have on my own. Thank you so much for providing this free education; it is really appreciated.

By POOJA M

Sep 29, 2021

a good course to start journey to learn hangul from scratch , made it very easy with vocab, sentence making rules, tells pronunciation of difficult words, so many example to learn and practice problems and meaning of every word used is given. It was very good course fully packed with everything we need , I am so happy I found it. THANK YOU!!! so much YONSEI University and my teacher.

By Emma M

Apr 25, 2020

Great course overall! I liked how how it was set up and it definitely helped me to start my Korean-learning journey. My only issue is that lessons tended to sometimes not fully explain things or go too fast so I had to seek help outside the course to clarify certain concepts. Perhaps a more detailed review sheet or even links to other resources would help resolve this issue. Thanks!

By antonia g

Aug 31, 2019

Quedaron dudas respecto al vocabulario que no fueron explicadas. Hubo conceptos que fueron incluidos en las conversaciones de las clases y en los cuestionarios que tampoco tuvieron una explicación. Así mismo, sería beneficioso recibir alguna retroalimentación respecto a las preguntas erradas en los cuestionarios. Sin embargo, es un muy buen curso para introducirse al idioma.

By Nora A

Jun 23, 2020

The course overall is good. But I would prefer if the lecture notes is before the video, so that I can print it right away and totally make use of of it. In that way, I don't have to go back on lecture video. It's a free course and I have nothing to criticize about. So grateful that such course is being offered on Coursera . Thank you Professor Kang. May god bless you. :)

By Rosibel V T

Aug 26, 2021

he aprendido lo basico, aunque es verdad que me ha costado bastante entender los verbos porque no se explica muy bien porque cambiar, pero lo demas genial me ha gustado que en cada modulo se aprende vocabulario y te da bastante ejemplos para que vayas praacticando. Los cuestionarios de la parte final de cada modulo estan muy bien asi repasas si has aprendido o entendido.

By Anais B

May 3, 2020

This courses were really hepfull but i'm 100% beginniner! To be honest it was really complecated for me to understand first how to read korean because we dont have any space in sentence and also for the pronunciation. So, at the beginning of the courses it was really hard and i continued because i really want to learn this langage. So for me it's 70% good and 30% hard!

By Yamin P

Aug 18, 2020

The course was extremely useful, especially the engaging videos that have a high quality in sound and visual. The cooperation of cartoons for the conversations help me learn it in a slower pace which was great for the beginners like me. I love the real-life scenarios that hooked the class. I would suggest to include engaging activities that can be linked from the class.

By Yarely J R C

Aug 3, 2020

Muy buen contenido y muy bien explicado. Excelente la opción de de los archivos para repasar. Lo único malo es que los subtítulos en español no son correctos, están desfasados, no están traducidas algunas cosas o aparecen subtítulos en otro idioma, esto dificulta un poco el aprendizaje para los que no entienden muy bien el inglés, de ahí en fuera todo es excelente.

By Urvi K

Jul 10, 2016

The course is mind blowing!

With time and patience it is easy to get the language and the phrases.

I only struggled really hard with telling the time.

Also being hard of hearing made it a little hard to pinpoint exactly what time they were talking about.

Overall this course is wonderful and anyone who is interested in basics of Korean should take it!

Thanks a lot!!

By Thais R

Jun 30, 2020

Its currently 2:19 am but I just finished this course and honestly, I am so glad I took it because I feel like I was able to get a better grasp at basic or common phrasing to push me out of my shell. I know I still have a bunch to learn but this is a great first step. It was flexible and easy; it also gave me something to look forward to during this quarantine.

By Amy L

Aug 5, 2016

I have been teaching myself (attempting to) Korean via various methods over the past 9 months, but I really enjoyed the structure of this class. It helped me understand WHY sentences/words are structured as they are, instead of just memorizing a lot of vocabulary and cramming too much information in my head at once. Can't wait for more from Yonsei University!

By Kübra A

Mar 20, 2020

Ms. Seung Hae Kang really focused on the pronunciation which was great. The course really helped in lots of aspects and it provided circular teaching method. The only problem for me was the only Korean written parts. As new words can be hard to remember, I could really use a little more English backup in sentence practices. Thanks a lot for the opportunity!

By Cynndi N

Dec 23, 2018

The discussions and the playbacks were essential. However, not sure if it were the audio, but the enunciation would not be as clear as I needed to learn; so I did venture outside the class for other resources. But very interesting to learn about formal/informal and addressing younger/older brother from sister or brother and other language and counting tips.

By Laura C

Jul 16, 2020

Es la primera vez que estudio coreano y me gusto mucho, la forma de explicar de la profesora es excelente, lo unico que me gustaria que solucionaran es que el curso sea 100% subtitulado al español dado que en las unidades de las ultimas dos semanas no habia subtitulos en español, lo cual puede ser un incoveniente para aquellas personas que no saben ingles.

By Robyn C

Jun 19, 2018

The videos were informative and the lecture notes provided the information written down. Within the notes you can practise the target language again in your own time. The only drawback is that, there should be some more questions. I feel that asking 6 and then 7 is not enough for beginners. I personally already know some Korean and did this to refresh.

By Claus L G

Jun 6, 2021

Good vocabulary and introduction to hangul, but very much information in each module. 18 hours is definitely not enough to complete the courses, so it's quite a lot work for a 5 weeks course. I would like some more vocabulary for generic tourist stuff like ordering food and drinks, and asking for directions.

But all in all it's been a good experience.

By Monica M F

Jul 26, 2020

Le pongo cuatro estrellas por que yo soy una persona de habla hispana y el curso esta en ingles, claro que hay la traducción escrita en español pero no en todas las clases hay la traducción, pero como sea me las arregle para aprender el idioma que estaba estudiando, pese a las limitaciones del idioma logre completar el curso.....me encanto la verdad.

By Nichakorn S

Jul 26, 2020

เนื้อหาเรียงลำดับได้เหมาะสม เข้าใจง่าย

พื้นฐานตัวอักษรสอนค่อนข้างละเอียด ทำให้จำได้ สามารถเรียนต่อบทอื่น ๆ ได้ไม่ติดขัด

ผู้สอนมีตัวอย่างให้ฝึกพูดทวนหลายครั้ง ทำให้พูดได้คล่องขึ้นทุกครั้งที่อ่าน

โดยรวมถือว่าเนื้อหาดี เข้าใจง่าย แต่ระยะเวลาจำกัดในการทำแบบฝึกหัดค่อนข้างเร็ว หากติดธุระ หรือ ไม่รีบทำให้เสร็จก่อนอาจไม่ทันเวลาส่งได้ ถ้าแก้ไขได้จะดีมาก ๆ เลย

By Grisalida J C C

Aug 16, 2020

Estuvo realmente bueno y útil, pero es un tanto anticuado. Quizás vendría bien una actualización más dinámica y menor rígida. Además, las traducciones al español no estaban del todo completas. Por lo demás, es una excelente guía de introducción al idioma coreano. ¡Muchas gracias por compartirlo de manera accesible al público de otras naciones! :)

By Nicol E O P

Feb 17, 2021

las clases muy completas, tiene buen material y se entiende facil si pones atencion, me gusta que haya varias cosas en las pruebas, como escuchar, leer y observar ayuda harto, le resto uno porque algunas partes falta traducir, y otras estan mal traducidas, incluso vi algo de chino cuando puse sub español pero en cuanto a contenido todo genial

By eima c

Dec 17, 2016

very good start to those who love to learn korean and have watched couple of korean drama before (it will help alot at some point in this course) the only thing this that disappoint me was they didnt explain Final Double Consonants, which really make it little harder for me ( actually i went and learnt it from YouTube ) .

but