Back to First Step Korean

AN

126 - 150 of 8,094 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Heydi V

Jul 19, 2020

Personalmente me gusto mucho la dinámica y organización de este curso, aprendí y adquirí mucho vocabulario, presentarme y adquirir herramientas para hablar por primera vez con un coreano, aunque no pude acceder al certificado por el costo, es sin duda una gran ayuda para aprender el idioma y aprovechar el tiempo durante esta cuarentena..de verdad quisiera haber aplicado a una beca pero no me enteré al iniciar por eso, aprovecha y averigua antes de entrar a este curso para obtener tu certificado, gracias y espero volver aquí, en un próximo curso.

By Siri T

Jun 27, 2020

I think this was a good introductory course to be sure. Since I've studied Japanese before, I knew how crucial it is to memorize the alphabet in this kind of course, so I did not have much trouble in the following weeks. Given the format of teaching, word pronunciation was slightly difficult to follow, but I tried my best to try and emulate what the instructor is saying. I did use the notes provided but found it much more beneficial to write my own notes to practice spelling. Overall, an excellent course for anyone interested in learning Korean.

By Phatcharaphon D

As a Thai student who interested in the Korean language. This course helps me that learning Korean is not that hard. At first, I must say that I am worried maybe I can't understand these languages. Both English and Korean but actually It's clear and easy to understand. I recommend this course to whoever interested in the Korean language. It's fun and sometimes maybe it's difficult but if you usually practice it, finally you can understand it for sure. Thank you so much for making this course and made me understand the Korean language even more.

By VIGNESH K

Oct 11, 2020

I rate this course full because, I was searching similar kind of teaching to my knowledge level. People who are so basic I recommend you to first read Hangul (Korean alphabets) first using You tube as I did and then start this course. Since I known how to read Korean and many vocabularies before hand, this course was so easy for me to understand in terms of sentence formation. Hope my review will help someone. Finally I thank Coursera for helping me in lending Financial aid to finish the course.

Thank you Mrs.Seung Hae Kang for your teaching.

By Kristine

This course has helped me a lot in learning to read Hangeul. The course is very easy to take and the design of each module is really student-friendly. For non-Korean speakers like me, the materials given like videos and worksheets are a great help. I can review them anytime. The professor is very amiable, composed, and fluent which I think is a great factor to the overall success of the course. This course has truly inspired me that I can't wait to fully learn Korean Language and visit the country in the near future. Jeongmal gomabseubnida!

By Victor H P R

Mar 11, 2021

Un curso muy bueno, bastante bien explicado, es cierto que la inicio uno no comprende bien lo que esta haciendo o escribiendo, sin embrago, con el avance del mismo, vas percibiendo que comprendes ya lo aprendido, como por ejemplo yo. Me gusta ver series coreanas y las veo subtituladas pero, hay momentos donde identifico lo que dicen sin necesidad de leer los subtítulos.

Agradezco el poder tener acceso a este curso y disfrutar de nuevas experiencias. Sin duda alguna muy recomendable y claro que volvería a tomar otro curso referente al tema.

By Allison M

Jun 1, 2020

I absolutely enjoyed this course because the mentor explained every little bit of the Korean language which made it easier to learn. Although I did not pay for my certificate which may probably limit my assignments, I definitely thought that the assignments were helpful because they provided notes and examples about the lesson. Besides having recorded audio and video of students speaking Korean made it easier to learn rather than just listening to it from a robot. I would absolutely sign up for a further advanced lesson on learning Korean.

By Liane D

Feb 8, 2016

Very informative but I think that, if I hadn't already had a basic knowledge of the Korean alphabet and grammar structure, I'd have found the grammar explanations to be a bit too brief. Excellent for beginner level refresher though. Some glitches in the tests (e.g. the correct answer being something not taught until the next lesson) and the videos (one lesson unable to be downloaded on any of the computers to which I have access). Would be good if this course had some social /cultural lessons (like how to drink in front of a superior

By Yarelis D D F

Oct 10, 2020

Es excelente sobre todo para aquellas personas que quieren comenzar desde el inicio con el idioma coreano, el cual tiene una cultura hermosa, llena de historia, mediante este método se puede ir acostumbrando a entender a las personas y entablar una conversación básica pero que con el pasar de algunos meses se puede mejorar muchísimo, gracias a este curso puedo leer en coreano y con el basto vocabulario que mostraban en cada semana conozco palabras y verbos muy útiles, por eso les exhorto a que aprendan a través de Yonsei University.

By Bethwyn M

Feb 23, 2020

This course is an excellent introduction to reading, writing, and speaking Korean. At times I felt like it was going a little fast for me, but I appreciated the challenge. The course teacher is good and does her best to show you how to pronounce certain things, though a few things sounded so similar to something else that I was sometimes really thrown. Learning a language is quite hard, this made it a lot of fun. Oh! I also really appreciated the little skits included - they helped me to practice my listening and pronunciation!

By Horst H

Feb 24, 2021

For all the Germans: Der Kurs ist deshalb besonders gut, weil auf die Unterschiede zwischen dem gesprochenen Wort und der koreanischen Schrift eingegangen wird. Die Kursleiterin spricht ausgezeichnetes Englisch und erklärt die kulturellen Zusammenhänge, wer z.B. wen wie in der Familie anspricht. Ältere haben generell einen hohen Stellenwert in der koreanischen Gesellschaft und werden anders angesprochen, sodass man in Korea immer darauf achtet wer mit wem spricht. Das wird in diesem Grundkurs besonders gut herausgearbeitet.

By Prabodha A

Dec 30, 2020

This course was really helpful. I literally didn't know a single letter in Korean or anything about Korean language at all. But the lecturer very well explained everything in a pace I could follow and now I know the entire alphabet on Korean, has the ability to read in Korean and have a simple conversation in Korean. The lectures were very interesting and the teaching methods were really good. Loads of thanks to the lecturer.

To anybody who wants to learn Korean and do not know where to start, I highly recommend this course.

By Preeti R

It is a helpful course for people who wish to learn the Korean language. The well-planned structure ensures that the students not only learn the vocabulary and grammar but also understand the correct pronunciation of the words, and how and when the same are to be used. The small conversations at the start, focus on pronunciation, detailed explanation of the concepts, additional vocabularies, and worksheets followed by a quiz at the end of every chapter ensure that the students have a holistic understanding of the concept.

By shikshya c

Sep 8, 2020

As a complete beginner for learning Korean language. I am very impressed with the way of teaching of this website. as being a curious 13 year old I wanted to do something new in this lockdown and learning a new language was always in my bucket list. I didn't have any high expectation from myself and the website but the result as even crossed my expectation from which am very pleased. I can write and read hangul know. I definitely recommend this website to the beginners who are interested in Korean language and culture.

By Abeywardena, H

Aug 5, 2020

I wanted to learn Korean language for some time but I had no idea where to go. Fortunately I found this course conducted by Yonsei University on Coursera. This course was really great and helpful. The way the Lecturer conducts the lesson and the course material are very easy to understand even for someone like me who does not had any basic knowledge about Korean language at the beginning. I would like to thank Yonsei University's staff specially Associate Professor Seung Hae Kang and Coursera for this wonderful course.

By Emmanuela

Sep 22, 2019

I started studying Korean by myself with some books, but I know I was going very slow because one thing is studying on books by yourself, an other thing is when someone explains you things and why to do something one way or another. This course is well structured, it allows the learner to improve its written and speaking skills too - along with listening. I would say it helped me so much to understand the basis of this language. Now I can only continue and study hoping one day I will become fluent in Korean. Thank you!

By Emmanuel C

Jul 2, 2020

This was a superb course. The material is logically organized and the explanations are very clear. The practice exercises and the quizzes were great ways to reinforce the learning. Even though the course is short, there is a good amount of vocabulary taught, as well as important grammar points. I had previously taken a beginner Korean course, so some of the material was not new to me, but the way that things were explained actually helped me to better understand some of the things that I had learned previously.

By NOR A B A J

Mar 1, 2021

This course is a good course for a foreigner to start learning the Korean language. Prof Kang has done a very good job of explaining very steps precisely. Week 1 to 2 were a little bit easy to follow. Things got a little bit hard in the middle of Week 3 to the end, especially when we learned verbs, particles and new vocabulary. However, with a good amount of practice, learners might able to demonstrate good proficiency in this language. Thank you so much to Prof Kang and the team for your great job. Well done!

By Kayla P

May 22, 2020

Going into this course, I've already learned how to write and understand Hangul but after days of learning properly what was the origin and how to use it proficiently. It was so easy to understand and the professor was really good at explaining things even though it could be confusing to people like me who are in a different culture. I've always loved learning different languages but I'm excited to finally use this Korean language and put it to the test! Thank you so much for this course. It was very helpful!

By Alexia M

Aug 3, 2020

안녕하세요! I really enjoyed this class, and I found it extremely useful as a beginner with very little prior knowledge. Ms. Kang is a very good teacher, and her explanations of the pronunciation were very helpful when a word was quite confusing to pronounce. I liked the way the topics were divided and made sense. It was also nice to hear it in a conversation, which would be an example at the beginning of every lecture. Overall, I'd recommend this course to anyone looking to understand the basics of the language!

By Shireen D

Nov 21, 2020

Thank you for a great introduction to learning Korean. I liked that she talked slowly and things were repeated in various units. The separation of handouts and video and quiz was good. It seems all the basics were covered. I liked that we had time to repeat slowly the conversations and that there were pronunciation tips. One suggestion would be to have an extra section with ALL the vocabulary together in alphabetical order, so that there was easy access in later units when you are trying to remember a word.

By Sara M d

Jan 14, 2021

Me ha encantado el curso. Desde hacia tiempo había querido empezar a estudiar coreano y no encontraba un curso que me satisfaguera, pero sin duda alguna este lo ha conseguido. Los videos me han parecido muy bien explicados, fáciles de entender y seguir, además de interesantes. Tiene un vocabulario muy amplio y agradabale para alguien principiante, así como sus explicaciones en cuanto a formluar frases, pronunciar, etc. Recomendadísimo para todos aquellos que quieran empezar, pero no saben por dónde o cómo.

By Saniya K

Nov 19, 2017

I think this is an excellent course for anyone who wants to learn the basics of Korean. I would and have easily recommended this course to a bunch of my friends who wanted to learn Korean but couldn't join classes the way I could! It was a great way for me to revise and I learnt a few things (particularly about pronunciation) which I hadn't known before! Thank you for this course and I really hope that more courses (for higher levels) are added! Best of luck to anyone who is about to start this course :)

By Dawn N

Jun 8, 2020

The course was easy to understand and application is easy. Just need to remember to practise on pronunciation as often the tone of answering and asking is slightly different as compare to speaking English where there is no tone in differentiation in asking and answering a question. Difficulty when the pronunciation of the earlier word to pass on to the next syllable with non sounding words thus written and spoken words might different.. Overall, the learning of the language is fun and easy to catch on.

By JeSang S

May 11, 2018

This course has provided me with the very basic elements of the Koren language and I have to say that despite of the enormous differences between the languages i am fluent at so far. Getting into a new set of characters sounds encouraged me to challenge myself to practice them until i master them. I will keep on practicing them then! Thank you professor Seung Hae Kang and all the ones who were involved to make this course available for us. I would really appreciate you continued doing this amazing job!