Back to First Step Korean

May 02, 2017

201 - 225 of 6,418 Reviews for First Step Korean

By lingeo

May 04, 2017

it is very good for the Korean language beginner. the teacher not only tells us the right pronunciation but also shows the rule of pronunciation. you can find it very easy to learn Korean language if you know the rule or the grammar of the Korean. BTW, it will be better that the course's content can include the difference between the formal Korean language and the informal language.

By Talitha F F

Jul 15, 2020

Thank you, Mrs. Seung Hae Kang for the thorough explanation! Her explanation is pretty easy to understand for a beginner like me. I recommend you who wants to learn Korean to enroll in this course since it's very helpful. I learn from zero where I have no idea how to read or write hangeul and to finally finished the course with so many insights and knowledge about Korean. 고맙습니다 선생님!

By Marllon L

Oct 28, 2017

Excellent course that is helping me a lot to learn korean on the correct way.

I'm really happy to have a chance of making a course from Yonsei University. I'm just bit sad that i cant pay for the certificate and maybe help them to develop more courses but as soon thaat i get a job, i will surely buy it :)

Recommend that course to everyone who wants to have a good first step in korean

By Tracy T

Jul 10, 2020

This course was very informative and useful, through allowing students to learn by practicing their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills! I really enjoyed how each lesson introduced new vocabulary and cultural insights as well! This course is very well-rounded, and I believe that is what ultimately makes it engaging and something students look forward to keep studying!

By Surabhi S

Aug 02, 2019

I've been learning Hanguel from various online sources but the way it's being taught here on Coursera through Yonsei University is very refreshing, engaging and easy to understand. Thankyou to Professor Kang Seung Hae for the lectures, it felt like I'm attending real classes. I hope Yonsei University comes out with more such courses at Advance Levels. Thankyou, great work Coursera

By Geovana G H

Jul 03, 2020

Este curso me pareció muy bueno, a pesar de ser en línea la profesora Seung Hae Kang explica muy bien, y le entiendes a todo. En este momento me siento feliz porque aprendí mucho vocabulario muy útil como para tener una conversación pequeña con una persona que hable Coreano. En verdad le agradezco a la Universidad Yonsei por proporcionarnos este curso completo de manera gratuita.

By MANISH L

Jun 01, 2020

Had a really interesting learning experience with the course and the instructor seung hae kang, And i feel that a pattern should be designed to remember the verbs, nouns and vocubulary. i genuinely thank the Yonsei University and Coursera for making this possible for us. Looking forward to coursera and the university to continue making the other levels of this course accessible.

By KANNIKAR S

Apr 17, 2020

This course really good for who begin to study Korean starting from basic in Korean to can speak normal conversation such as How to talk about youeself and your family, Times and Date when you say to someone for make appoinment, Number in Korean and how to use in the each situations, Grammar in basic and Pronunciation likes Korean people speak this course really good I recommend

By Kunjira S

It was one of a nice classes that I've ever learned before. This is my first class Korean but I think it is a great starting with Yonsei University. Thank you "Seung Hae Kang" teacher you made this class full of happiness and everything you taught it's easy to understand even I am Thai people but I understood your description. I'm so thankful for free class by Yonsei University.

By Brenda A S M

Sep 29, 2018

I just want to say 고맙습니다 you helped me A LOT with this course when I started I didn't knew anything and my pronnuntiation was very bad, thank you for giving me the oportunity to learn this beautiful language (nobody teaches korean in my city) and I have a lot of grateful things to say, keep teaching korean to foreign people and keep spreading this beautiful culture to the world.

By heather s

Oct 10, 2020

I had been struggling to learn korean via apps on m phone. & I was failing at my pronunciations--this course helped with that. By week 3 I was starting to understand more on my Kdramas as well. I couldn't quite get the post positions before this & now I am starting to catch them. Also I appreciated how vocab was presented. I would sign up for another course from this professor.

By Gina P

Oct 10, 2020

I highly recommend this for those beginners who really wish to learn Korean. From start to finish, Seung Hae Kang was able to provide a detailed yet easy explanation on how the writing system works, as well as how conversations in Korean are carried out.

Soon enough, you will be able to figure out a few grammar constructions after this course, especially with constant practice.

By Emily R

Mar 11, 2018

Me ha encantado este curso, de verdad siento que aprendí mucho. En los exámenes escuchaba las notas de voz y ya tras las primeras lecciones podía entender lo que decían cuando al iniciar no sabía nada. Me ha parecido un muy buen curso, gracias por compartirlo. Ahora comprendo, escribo y hablo un poco mejor el idioma coreano, pero aun me queda mucho por estudiar y practicar :)

By Jose D R H

Feb 11, 2017

Terrific introductory course to Korean, where one immediately learns 1) the Korean alphabet, 2) greetings and introductions, 3) numbers, 4) how to talk about one's family, 5) time and dates, and 6) casual conversations. I highly recommend it as video lectures are very effective, followed by practise exercises and quizzes, which permit the student to measure his/her progress.

By Dimpho

Aug 03, 2020

I absolutely loved and enjoyed this course. I learned not only the basics of the language as well as Hangul but a bit of the culture behind the language and why certain things are said the way that they are, which was really interesting for me. This course is amazing for beginners, thank you to Professor Seung Hae Kang and her team, and thank you to Yonsei University, 감사합니다.

By Annesha S

Jul 27, 2020

The entire course was excellently composed and presented. This course is quite helpful for the beginners as Professor Kang guides you through the entire course, with detailed explanation and dedication. There are also PDF files in the reading section which you can refer to later. I enjoyed learning the course, thank you for that Professor Kang and Yonsei University! 감사합니다!!!

By roxsana a

Jul 13, 2020

I think this course is perfect for those who don't know where to begin. I knew most of the vocabulary and grammar. So, this was more of a review to me and it reinforced what I already knew. Overall, I think this course is perfect for those who don't know where to begin. This helps a lot with getting down some of the basic everyday conversations, which is great for beginners!

By Sadé S

Apr 28, 2020

Even though i knew most of the information from week 1&2. It was still very helpful and i realize a lot of things i didn't realize earlier, when i was teaching myself korean for example :

남동생 = 남자 - 자 + 동생

여동생 = 여자 - 자 + 동생

I had just realized that Korean is great language that's easy and amazingly structured.

Thank you very much for this course I will be happy to continue

By Judith L L

A very comprehensive and structured course to learn about Korean for elementary/basic learners. I started with ZERO knowledge about the Korean language but now I know how to read! In just a mere 5 weeks course (which I managed to clear in 3 weeks). Would recommend anyone who is interested to learn about the Korean language to start from this course to grasp a good base. :)

By Syeda A A

Oct 28, 2020

This course is definitely informative for beginners and Ms. Kang {instructor}makes it soo easy for us to learn by providing detailed version of pronunciation of certain words and letters in general! It was fun to learn and by the end of it you will be able to talk and understand BASIC korean .if not so, at least you'll definitely be able to introduce yourself in korean!

By Nandini P

Oct 23, 2020

I learnt a lot through this course. Professor Kang Seung Hae is a great teacher and her pace is good for those attempting to learn for the first time. I personally knew how to read the Hangul characters beforehand and was able to finish the first week in a day. But for new learners, it is a very helpful syllabus. Thank you to everyone who put together this course! 고맙습니다!

By maria l

May 13, 2020

I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED MS 강'S LECTURES AND I LEARNT QUITE A LOT. I FEEL OBLIGED TO HER AS SHE HAS HELPED ME SORT OUT A FEW THINGS I THOUGHT I KNEW BUT ACTUALLY DIDN'T.

I HAVE TO SAY THOUGH THAT THIS COURSE MIGHT NOT BE THAT EASY FOR AN ABSOLUTE BEGINNER AS THE KOREAN PRONUNCIATION IS TRICKY. I FOUND IT A BIT DIFFICULT MYSELF THOUGH I'M NOT AN ABSOLUTE BEGINNER. THANK YOU!!!

By ibtissam r

Aug 28, 2017

It was fun and useful at the same time.. thank you for the wonderful lessons

I wanted to ask if you could send me a document proving that I learned this language ?!!

If this is possible, how can I request it ? (should I send any document to you)

And in the end, as soon as I studied in Coursera, I could write in my diatribe that I can speak Korean?

Please respond quickly .

By Christopher S

Aug 08, 2016

Really informative and detailed! It's a great step for beginners and it's amazing for review. I highly recommend it for anyone just beginning with the Korean language. It's not a difficult or easy course, it does require one to study quite a bit and do some research on the language. The PDF's are great to download and review as you keep practicing throughout the course.

By Naomi S

Jun 08, 2020

This course is great for those who either know little to none of Korean. I have learned much more through this course than I have in the last year of self-teaching. This course offers worksheets to assist you in learning how to structure sentences. I suggest printing out the worksheets ahead of the video for each unit so you can follow and makes notes along the way.