Back to First Step Korean

Jun 7, 2017

201 - 225 of 9,236 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Maria G T

Jan 14, 2018

Desde hace mucho tiempo estaba intentando aprender Coreano por mi cuenta pero se me hacía muy difícil, ahora gracias a este curso pude aprender a leer y escribir en Hangul. Además, pude adquirir una noción básica del idioma. Es un curso de muy buena calidad y con subtítulos en varios idiomas que permiten un aprendizaje más sencillo. Sobra decir que ya estoy inscrita en el siguiente y espero que sigan impartiendo mas cursos de Coreano. 고맙습니다

By Hansani W K

Jun 26, 2020

I have really enjoyed learning Korean Language through this First Step Korean by Yonsei University as a Sri Lankan. There are lot of knowledge and skills included in First Step Korean course. And I should mention that the Professor Seung Hae Kang is a great teacher, instructor who helped to achieve a great goal. Thank you so much teacher. I highly recommend First Step Korean by Yonsei University for those who want to learn Korean Language.

By Maria A A

Aug 7, 2020

Before join this course, i already know a little about korean from korean drama and korean music. But after i join this course and learn, i know about how pronounce and utilize korean language in a good way. Professor Kang is a great instructor (Thank you Professor Kang :) ), she explained and guided me very well. This course is easy to follow and very informative because the course is explained korean language that we used in daily life.

By Raihana A A B

Jul 17, 2021

This course is really hepful, before this course is difficult for me to understand date and time in korea, but "first step korean" by Yonsei University is so helpful for me and i get a lot benefits, so if you ant to learn korea language this course is the best answer. To be able to take course at my own pace has been an amazing experience, I can learn whenever I want I also can fits my schedule. the teacher was so very good at teaching.

By Biren M

Jun 23, 2020

It was a really nice experience to learn Korean language. The course was very interesting with good demo video clips and convenient sentence and phrase examples. This course covers most of the basic things you need to speak and write in Korean when you have a normal conversation with Korean people. After successful completion of this course, you can easily write or speak in Korean about yourself and describe most of the things about you.

By Aditi P

May 3, 2020

Thank you so much for this course. The lessons were easy to understand and comprehend. The forums teams were very helpful too and responded to my questions immediately. I am so happy with this course. Although I wanted to learn Korean out of interest due to k-pop :P , but I feel proud for utilizing this maple of time during this global pandemic. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the efforts put into this.

Regards,

Aditi Pattanaik :)

By Yikella Y

Aug 24, 2020

Really enjoyable course to take. I found this unit really well planned in terms of when topics and new vocabulary were introduced. In fact, this was more helpful than my own university's Korean Beginners course which I paid for! I like to give an hour each day for each week's lesson because I tend to pause and repeat phrases to check my pronunciation; this way I also won't be bored as I get distracted very easily. 한국어를 가르쳐 주셔서 감사합니다!

By Yarelí Z

Dec 16, 2020

Me agradó mucho porque es interactivo y puedo repetir las clases; además si algo no me quedó muy claro puedo regresar sin ningún problema.

La profesora explica muy bien, y las 3 oportunidades en el quiz también es una excelente idea

Sin embargo debo señalar que los subtítulos de las últimas clases no estaban totalmente en español por lo que me demoraba más en comprender lo que explicaba y muchas veces debía ayudarme con el traductor.

By Deborah B

Oct 3, 2020

The pace of the topic discussion is enough for beginners to have. The explanation and examples given on each topic is not confusing to the learner. The lesson is not complicated which really helped a lot in assisting a beginner like me. I need the Korean language skills for my work. I really wanted to master basic conversational speaking skills. Thank you Mrs. Kang and thank you to Yonsei University for their generous assistance.

By Yolanda E S A

Jul 28, 2020

Me encanto el curso, muy bien explicado y los materiales que nos brindaron fueron de gran ayuda, espero que puedan habilitar una continuación para seguir reforzando, desde ya muchas gracias, fue de gran ayuda para abrir el interés para con el idioma.

Ya nos tocará ir practicando con la base dada y de vuelta lo recalco, espero que hagan una continuación del curso, estaría de vuelta participando de ser así.

Gracias.

Yolanda Suárez

By M L

Apr 23, 2019

The course is amazing, very thorough and the professor explains everything in a very clear and polite way. In my opinion, the deadlines of the course are a little bit tight for a full-time worker that wants to study the language because the modules require a lot of self-study during and after; However, the deadlines can be reschedule so that is another plus. Thank you very much Yonsei University and Professor Seung Hae Kang.

By Akanksha T

Jun 5, 2021

I absolutely loved this course. I had previously tried to learn Hangul via apps and YouTube but couldn't seem to remember the characters. But the history and context provided by Prof. Sang Hee Kang helped me not only remember the Hangul characters but also helped me in understanding the Korean culture. I would definitely recommend any beginner wanting to learn Korean to start with this course. Thank you so much Professor.

By Robert G

Nov 17, 2016

I really liked it! In truth, I had spent time learning Korean years ago (basic) and so this course was more of a refresher for me. However, I recognized that I had lost some words and so this course helped me get back up somewhat. For a 'first step' course, however, it really throws you in the deep end with reading and listening. For those who have never taken any Korean or asian language before, it might be overwhelming.

By Ayesha A

Apr 12, 2020

This is a great course. If anyone wants to learn how to read and write Hanguel as well as some basic everyday Korean phrases, this would be a great place to start. The instructor is very nice and her pedagogy is very simple, easy and understandable. I completely recommend this to new learners, this is a great first step to take if you want to start this journey of learning Korean. Thank you to the instructor and Coursera.

By Irene L

Jul 26, 2016

Very helpful intro course. The videos are easy to follow and there's lots of examples.

The extra notes are sometimes lacking (for example the pdf for 5.4 doesn't mention 듣다 and the other irregular verbs) so I took lots of notes while watching.

The vocabulary list seems daunting, especially in the last week, but with some practice I've memorised most of it.

I liked the parts that explained pronounciation in detail.

선생님 고맙습니다.

By Philip S

Apr 16, 2021

Anyone who wants to learn the basics of the Korean Language will love taking this course. You will be guided by an Associate Professor Teacher Seung Hae Kang of Yonsei University. I like this course. The lessons are easy at first with short conversation sentences. The 4th and 5th week lessons will be challenging as the sentences are longer. But, if you wish to develop the skill for conversation then take this course.

By Nada R Y

Dec 14, 2020

Each week the videos are prepared with the concept of micro learning, the duration of the videos is arranged briefly and clearly but does not eliminate the essence of the material presented. Learning videos have been designed for learning activities that are fun and not boring. I am very satisfied using first step korean provides it for free. I hope the next course will be much better and I can follow it again! Thank you

By Claudia F

Mar 13, 2017

Realmente he aprendido mucho durante y finalmente con la realización de este curso. Las lecciones han sido muy amenas y de gran utilidad. Las empecé sin entender nada de coreano y al finalizarlo puedo llegar a mantener una conversación básica con alguien. Estoy muy contenta y agradecida por el ofrecimiento de este curso y espero que con más cursos venideros pueda seguir estudiando y mejorando mi coreano. ¡Muchas gracias!

By Narulita D

Feb 14, 2021

I really enjoy the course! I recommend this if you want to learn Korean from the basics before you explore more. If you want to master Korean, this lesson is a great beginning, you need to take more lessons from another source if you want to speak fluently or have more conversation in Korean. The professor is really clear for explaining how to pronounce and this method suits me. Thank you Coursera & Yonsei University!

By Natnicha L

Apr 15, 2020

This is one of the most useful Korean courses I've ever taken. It is simple but significant. Foreign learners can study the lessons themselves by watching the videos provided in each lesson, revising the content through the uploaded documents and doing the quizzes to grade their Korean skills. Lastly, I will be glad if Yonsei University provides more courses about 'Learning Korean As A Foreign Language' in the future.

By Marri W

My reading, listening and comprehension skills have greatly improved. I also have a better understanding of the literal meanings of words and phrases as well as patterns which makes it much easier to create my own sentences. I enjoyed the pacing of the lectures and the practice exercises. There was a lot of variety and variation in dialogue as well as enough pattern and repetition to facilitate the learning process.

By Melissa A

May 16, 2020

I really had fun taking this course! It is easy to understand and to follow for beginners like me. Professor Kang's explanations are clear and concise but I agree with her that the best way to learn a new language is to keep on practising. I will keep on review the lectures on this course to make sure I don't forget what I have learned. Thank you, Coursera and Yonsei University for this learning opportunity! 고맙습니다!

By Josh A

Nov 1, 2020

I learned very useful Korean that can be used in everyday situations. I think I have a little more confidence speaking to Korean people in my neighbourhood. Maybe when I go to a Korean supermarket the next time I want to make something like 불고기 or 짜장면 or 잡채, I'll brush off my nerves and speak to the workers in Korean. :) Thanks so much! This has given me more of an impetus to continue my learning of Korean! 고맙습니다!

By ESTEFANÍA D J A P

Oct 19, 2019

Muy buen curso. Me sirvió como repaso de todo lo básico que he aprendido en mi escuela de coreano, pero que aquí explican mejor o con más detalle ciertas cosas que no entendía bien el origen o el porqué (Basically I used the english version of this course, and it was so clear for me even if I'm spanish speaker) . El curso en conclusión es muy claro, muy ordenados los temas y muy útil para la vida diaria. 너무 감사합니다!

By Angy C

Jul 19, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, I was trying to learn Korean during last year but I hadn't got enought motivation to being more serious with it, but this course was really usseful and easy to get in, I really learnt a lot and I improved my pronuciation a lot. I would like to keep studing Korean and increase my level before 2020 ends. Thank you so much to give the oportunity to get into Hangul, and make it easier.