Back to First Step Korean

Jan 07, 2018

351 - 375 of 5,871 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Tracy T

Apr 28, 2016

An excellent introduction to the Korean Language! Taught by a native speaker, with added insight into pronunciation and the history of the language. I have been studying Hangugeo for two years, and learned more in this course than I did from all the books, apps, and other lessons combined!

By cesia a c c

Sep 23, 2018

It's been a pleasure to received this course because I can ready hanguel now and with practice in the future can speak it. Thanks for this course and the support that Yonsei University gave to does that likes the idiom and wants to give it all. My greetings from Honduras to South Korea.✌❤

By Laura M

Sep 17, 2018

Great course, but I think it progresses a bit fast if you really don't know anything about the hangul writing system. I already knew hangul and could read a few words and expressions before starting. The PDF notes are incredibly clear and helpful. You really get to speak a bit at the end!

By heladia o

Feb 18, 2018

Gracias por todo lo que proporcionan gratuitamente para aprender su idioma estoy muy agradecida por todo lo que recibi de la universidad y de este curso muchas gracias . Desde mi corazon muchas gracias portodo y a la maestra por sus explicaciones tan amable y respetuosa siempre . GRACIAS

By Geraldine R

Aug 12, 2020

I liked it, it is a tool that helped many people to enter this world of this beautiful language. I am IN LOVE with Korean culture, with their language, with everything, I really liked it a lot, I hope you continue to do the continuation of the courses. 진짜 너무 너무 너무 좋아요, 그리고 선생님 너무 감사드리고요!

By Vaishnavi C

Jul 31, 2020

I'm so glad I did this course! Professor Kang teaches so well, I absolutely loved it. I had tried to learn the alphabet before from youtube but I didn't understand it and this course has laid the basic foundation for me, I'm going to continue to learn korean after this until I master it!

By Бисембаева Д Т

Apr 24, 2020

I already started to learn Korean myself, but I wanted to take a course and evaluate my knowledge. The course is very understandable, not too complicated and everything is painted quite understandably. Unhurried training and an excellent teacher. Thank you very much for this opportunity!

By Meyra

Oct 28, 2019

For absolute beginners or those who know the alphabet (first unit has hangeul but also great pronunciation and vocabulary to pick up on) is great. You will find here the basics for grammar in terms of sentence structure and use of some postpositions and such. Don't ignore this, its nice.

By James K

Jul 26, 2019

This course was very meaningful to me, because I have been trying to learn Korean for a while, but couldn't find a good start. This class is perfect for what is offered and the professor is absolutely marvelous. I enjoyed this class and will recommend it to anyone wanted to learn Korean.

By Emil M H

May 03, 2020

Me encanto! su contenido y método es excelente.

Sin duda valió la pena, te facilita las herramientas correctas para poder aprender el idioma, solo hay que tomar en cuenta que es importante la practica constante.

Motiva a seguir aprendiendo y poner en practica los conocimientos adquiridos.

By Sonya G

Feb 22, 2020

I am now able to read, write and even converse in Korean so easily. All the subject matter was explained so well that i was able to complete the course in 5 days. The teacher is comprehensible and easy to understand. I would recommend this to all who have an interest in learning Korean!

By yurieca g

Aug 13, 2020

I have learned Korean previously, but not in structured way. Although this course is really an introduction, it helps me to recall my study previously and fix some basic sentences required. Hopefully I can speak Korean better soon. Thanks Yonsei Uni and coursera for bring this lecture!

By Patricia A

Jul 14, 2020

I am very happy that I have finally completed the course. Thanking Respected Professor Kang for explaining each and every topic in details and also thanking other mentors too for being so helpful and supportive. This course have been very much captivating. I really enjoyed this course.

By Gaurav S

Jun 29, 2020

This course has helped me a lot first off by giving me something interesting to do this quarantine and second of all helped me learn a language that I've been wanting to learn for such a long time due to my interest in the country, its culture and a desire to go and seek jobs in Korea.

By Glen A S

Feb 05, 2017

I would recommend First Step Korean to anyone wishing to know the basics of this fascinating language. Korean is a really cool East Asian language that shares lots of similarities with Japanese, I like how the script is unique and sets it apart from Mandarin and Japanese respectively.

By Ashlie A M R

Aug 10, 2020

ESTOY MUY FELIZ GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO YA PUEDO LEER PALABRAS EN COREANO Y PUEDO PRONUNCIAR, SEGUIR PRACTICANDO ARDUAMENTE. DE VERDAD ME GUSTA MUCHO LA CULTURA COREANA, TAMBIÉN AMO A BTS ES POR ESO QUE ELLOS ME INSPIRARÓN A APRENDER ESTE HERMOSO IDIOMA COMO ES EL COREANO.

MUCHAS GRACIAS

By Nurul I A

Prof. Kang explained each topics well, I like that she explained the syntax of Korean sentence structure and some pragmatics like honorifics too. It's my first Korean language class so I can't say for sure that I can interact in Korean language but I'm excited now I can read Hangeul!

By BrendaFC

May 15, 2020

I was looking for a course that let me fully experience a type of presence course. So I'm really happy to been able to take this one. I can slightly read more hangul and some things that i've been learning helped me more to confidently speak now. I'm beyond happy. Thank you so much.

By Wendy M F

Oct 30, 2019

Me gustó bastante. Me hubiera encantado poder ser corregida en mi pronunciación, pero es obvio que por el tipo de curso no se puede, pero lo demás muy bien. Lo bueno, al ser vídeos, es que aunque no tengo a la profe para hacerle preguntas, puedo devolverme para escucharla nuevamente.

By 리사

Jul 05, 2019

I am well above this level of Korean but it was a really helpful and useful way to brush up on my Korean. I would recommend this free online course to anyone interested in learning Korean but also those who just want to get some practice in even if you're at a higher level of Korean.

By Benain d J C E

Aug 04, 2020

Las lecciones siempre fueron las más practicas para el uso cotidiano del idioma coreano. Me gusto mucho el espacio dedicado para la pronunciación correcta de cada palabra. La dramatización de cada diálogo fue muy bueno porque así se contextualizaba las conversaciones. Me encantó. =)

By Aneesh M

A very profound course.Easy for a beginner with absolutely no prior knowledge in any foreign language to learn,grasp and understand.Meticulously crafted curriculum and a lucid way communication and picturization of words helps one to retain what he/she just learned.Loved the course!

By Minahil N

Jul 14, 2019

Personally, I found this course extremely helpful and affable. Easy to learn and easy to understand. As a conscientious person, I have always wanted to learn Korean well. I have tried many courses and websites to learn but this one was definitely the most comprehensive one. 5-stars.

By Ronja J

Jun 18, 2016

I've attempted Korean through a self-study textbook before, but this course is a lot more accessible. Dialogues, vocabulary, pronounciation, the alphabet - all is presented very clearly. Obviously, it really only is an introduction to the language, but as that it is very successful.

By Aprilyn W

Apr 16, 2020

This is a great introduction course! I already knew some Korean, but not enough to make conversation. I feel that my conversation and recognition skills improved, as well as my speaking skills. It will be great review for some as well as others who want to know more Korean grammar!